Monday, April 18, 2022

Miss me?

Yes, last week was killer. It seems as if this chemo shit is building up I feel worse. No surprise I suppose. I just couldn't write last week. 

Did any of you see 60 minutes last night and the new flying cars? (eVOLS)
As we were watching it Rick made the sound of George Jetson's car. 
Of course that made me laugh. 
To which he responded, "This is the reason why I can't date a young thing, she'd never understand that sound." 

I responded, "You think that is the reason you shouldn't date a young thing? Perhaps that you are an old fart and married may be the reason you don't date a young thing!  

"Oh yeah, I guess that too" as he laughs.

Another fun thing that happened on Easter. We were enjoying the beautiful weather and sitting on our front porch. I have good mornings so I try to do a lot in the mornings. Watered the garden, spray painted an outdoor table, watered my flowers and power washed the front porch, steps, and railings. Then I'm shot for the day as pathetic as that is. 
But again as I have said here before I just LOVE to power wash. 
I think it's part of my anal-retentive issues. I love seeing that clean and those lines. Rick was making fun of me and telling me to do the driveway. 
I said okay. Then he yelled, "NO. I'm making fun of you, the driveway is huge, no you are not doing the driveway."  Sadly I would have. 

my long driveway 

Yes, we have a long driveway. Thankfully we no longer have to shovel or snow blow this driveway! I'd powerwash anyone's anything I just love it so. 
Except for the time I did the top-level wrap-around deck at our vacation home. Oh, that was bad. I wrote about it in 2018. But it was far earlier in our lake home's life that I powered washed after cocktails. Not a good move. As my flip flop (another bad move) caught a nail and I lost my balance my arms were flailing to catch my balance and somehow or another I ran that power washer over my foot way too close. It opened a wound in the top of my foot. Rick heard the scream on the floor below and came running. He said everyone could have heard that scream. (oops! sorry!)

Oh not a cut, a full open wound. I recall seeing the inside of my foot. Not even blood at first, just an open gaping hole of my innards. It was so gross and I almost passed out. That was bad. So no cocktails before power washing. Lesson learned! And to wear shoes. Such common sense, yet I lost my mind on that day!  The doctors at the urgent care gave me a lot of shit I deserved too so you don't have to. 😁 Yesterday I wore shoes and did not drink prior to power washing. I mean it was 9am for Pete's sake.  (like that has ever stopped me, it's 5p somewhere my grandmother taught me) 

A neighbor walked by with his big old dog Cody. Cody is a husky and just damn beautiful. He stopped in front of our house and just stared at us on the porch. That made us both laugh. The man was pulling him to leave. He wanted to come to see us. He was pulling the owner onto our yard with such strength and determination it was comical. We have not met this dog. We see this man regularly walking by our home and we wave but that's it. We have never met him. 

I yelled to him to ask if I could come to pet his dog. He said I think that is what he wants. So I ran down the steps and to the end of the yard and the dog ran to me pulling his owner. We loved on one another and I sat in the grass and Cody sat next to me and just laid his head on my thigh. I was in heaven. The dog and I just sat on the front lawn while we spoke to his owner and I rubbed Cody. Cody was calm and content.
Just what the doctor ordered for me. The owner was just shocked at Cody's behavior. He asked where our dog was and I shared that Izzy had passed away. I said maybe Cody knew I needed a dose of dog love today. The owner laughed. It just felt like Cody knew I needed that yesterday and he made me feel a whole lot better!

Don was the name of his owner and he told me that his dog is not a loyal breed and is not loyal to anyone. He will take off running if allowed. 
He said he would see our dog lay in the yard or driveway sunning herself and never move. I said she was the opposite of Cody.  
But Cody didn't want to leave on this day either. 

I told Cody's owner if he ever wants or needs to have someone watch him we'd be happy to. I needed that dose of dog lovin'. It was a very nice visit and he thanked us for painting the sign and taking care of things on this corner. That was nice of him. It was a glorious visit but Cody had to go home. He went with this owner and kept turning back. 
Don yelled I think you made a friend! 
Oh, Cody did indeed. 

The rest of our "holiday" was uneventful and quiet just how we like 'em.
I hope you all had a nice holiday with your loved ones. 


11 comments:

Julie H said...

Awww so sweet of Cody!

Bobi said...

Yes, I did miss you! Cody sounds like a sweetheart. Hope this week is better for you.

Mike said...

So you like to power wash? If I send you a plane ticket, do you want to come to visit? My house is bad enough that even "I" think it needs a good power washing.

New business for you... Peggy's dog sitting service.

Arkansas Patti said...

Tell Rick he can't date an old thing either b (not that he would want to). I am too old to get the Jetson reference:)
I love what Cody did. He knew what was needed and I am so happy you got a dog fix. Sounds like a special connection there.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I wish I could find a Cody to love on here. The Scottie next door is not fond of people. I do think dogs can sense when someone needs extra loving like Cody with with you.

Jamie Ghione said...

I sure hope this week is better for you.

Abby said...

I'm glad you got a dog fix, Cody sounds like a good dream!
I would love to have a power washer. Our neighbor across the street has one, and I get jealous!
Love the meme ;). Hope you have a good week, Peggy!

bluzdude said...

Dogs can really be amazing. Of course other times, they get their heads stuck in a jar.

Cruisin Paul said...

Condoms, XXXXXXL, Stutters. I'm still laughing Peg. I hope this week will be better for you my friend.


Cruisin Paul

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Cody, huh? Rick better watch out, you've got yourself a new love :-)
Sorry to hear that all those drugs are making you sick. How much longer do you have to take them?

Barbara said...

I love that picture of your house and drive. That is just what the country girl in me loves. When I moved from Houston to Louisiana I had barely ever been in the country. I found my love language in the greens of the trees and grass. I can drive through a strip of undeveloped highway and feel like I spent a day at the spa. I picked this apartment because of the sidewalks, grass and landscaping. I'm addicted now but I wasn't in the beginning so maybe you will find it makes you happier after you get it all decorated to your liking.