Monday, April 25, 2022

I Can See Stuff

As it seems to go the day of my chemo pills added into the mix I feel like shit by that evening. The next day is even worse. But for some reason the last couple of times I felt that badly something good happened afterward.

Sunday was a bear and then as I put my head down I swore something popped in my head. It kind of hurt. My eye was killing me so I opened and closed my eyes and then held them shut and reopened them. My God the white was gone in my right eye. I let out a scream. I ran to get Rick to tell him. There was no more snow in my right eye!  I could see figures. 
Oh, not what they were but I could see figures albeit fuzzy. 
Do you know how great that is?  I can see peripherally. 
Okay again, I can see something is there but not what it is sharply. 
Better than snow!! Hopefully, Rick will stop calling me Mrs. Magoo now.

So it's working. Looking like shit, feeling even worse is worth it if Betty is gonna die or at the very least be bullied into submission and the wench will become very small. I'm going to taunt the bitch.

I was on a high after this happened. If I had had the energy I would have jumped up and down. But inside I was. 😁

My blogger friend is stopping by tomorrow to visit. 
It's a 90-minute drive from her place in NC but she is going to spend the day with me and catch up. I told her to wear her pj's so I won't feel like I have to be all dressed up...or dressed. LOL
My friends have been so good to me during all of this. Ro, sent me the most gorgeous roses! I have emails and texts and calls. Friends are wonderful, aren't they? 
 
I have one sister who has reached out to see if I'm doing okay out of the 4 of them. Typical. My mom calls and heaven forbid it goes to voicemail she is calling Rick if I don't respond right away. She's funny.

The last call from Mom I had been laying down. I did not have my phone in the room so I didn't know it rang. It went to voicemail. Apparently, she called again a short time later. I did not answer again. She then called Rick's phone. Rick had his hands full with stuff from the workshop and he had just walked into the house when she called him. There was a man coming to purchase something so he was just running into the house to put down some things and run to the bathroom and his phone rang. He told mom I was just sleeping to not worry. But apparently, because he was in a hurry she felt he was being short with her and she called me again. I had to explain that he wasn't trying to be short, he had his hands full, he had to go to the bathroom and he was in a hurry because he was meeting someone and he was trying to be quick. Sorry about that. Now I have to have him call her to apologize. 
Family is funny.

I explained to her that I nap a bit here and there. Never more than 2 hrs and again explained the sleep disturbances from these meds to remind her that I'm okay even if I'm napping. I am not sick except for what the drugs are doing to me. So I have to call to give her an update in the morning so that she won't worry if I don't answer the phone with someone here. 

I was going to call her when I 'saw' that I had some sight again after all these years. But it was late and I thought she'd be in bed. This morning I called but she was working. She works a couple days a week. I will not be doing that at 80. :-) 

Before the meds kick in I try to do all that I can do. 
We got mulch down in the front portion of the home and one side.
We have a huge area where our development sign is located to do this week.  They came to deliver at 8:30am. They called and said they were 10 minutes out. We asked for morning delivery and then when they called Rick said, "why did we say this early?"  I had to laugh. I was not going to allow him to do this all alone. While I am feeling okay I can do this too and we can get it done faster. Yes, I am tired. Yes, even on a good day I feel like crap, but I can push through all that if need be and this morning I needed to.

The young man asked Rick if he was doing this full 6 cubic yards of mulch by himself. He told him that was a lot of work and to be careful. Rick thought it was cute how he was looking out for this old guy. He told him not to do this all at once and stuff like that. 
Oh, heaven's we can't do it all at once anymore. We even sat a bit in the shade between areas. We don't push that hard. We have time and no timetable. It will get done when it gets done.

Rick suggested this young man stay and help out, we'd feed him and give him beverages. The kid laughed and said I wish I could sir. I have to tell you since moving here all the people who have come to our home have been 5 stars. It's out in the rest of the world that they can suck it appears.

We began immediately to fill up the wheel barrel and I grabbed a couple of 5 gal buckets and brought things to the front of the house. Our little friend from the nursery drove by about 4 hrs later when we had the front part done and honked and waved to us and put his hand out the window with a thumbs up. At this point, I was done for the day. I hate leaving this for Rick to do. The lightheaded shit, the dizzy shit, the shakiness, and nausea, and all the fatigue came over me like a preverbal wave. I came inside and poured myself a big glass of ice water and brought some out to Rick and then sat for a few. He did around the corner and stopped for the day and I was thankful since I couldn't do more.

But I kept telling myself - this is Short term shit. You can see figures now Peg. More short-term shit and you should be able to see something better soon.  I try to keep it in perspective. That and the fact that I don't have a more serious disease. I just keep repeating this over and over again. And I have my hair so far and I am thankful. I will say, it is not the same hair but it's on my head and I'll take this limp hair over no hair.  

So there ya have it. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah to Betty!

I will not be here in the morning due to Tammie coming over. 
Come on what is better than a friend who doesn't care that my house isn't up to snuff or that I will be looking like crap and be wearing comfy fat clothes and doing nothing more than sitting on a sofa. (rick's t-shirts of late since mine are tight and his are 4-6 sizes larger than me. oh, it's attractive. his t-shirts come to my knees like a dress. but ladies is there anything comfier than your man's soft old t-shirt? too bad I can't wear them in public.) 

I expect to be back on Wednesday.
I mean c'mon someone has to bitch about Elon Musk buying Twitter.





17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh such good news! I am happy for you. Olivia

Mike said...

"It will get done when it gets done."
That's right! Just add an "if ever" after that and you've nailed it.

bluzdude said...

It's so important to see little moments of progress, that keep you going. I'm glad you're seeing some results after all the pain and struggle.

And RO is a princess, isn't she? (And I mean that in the good way, not the snotty way.)

Arkansas Patti said...

Getting to enjoy some results makes all this struggle worth it. It is working and Betty is on her last legs. Amen.

Cruisin Paul said...

I want to cry for you Peg. Suddenly your sight. How wonderful. Have a wonderful visit with your blogger. See ya.


Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

So happy for you, Peggy! To see (literally!) results is so encouraging! And I gotta say, your blog posts through all of this have been so playful, positive and uplifting, despite the side effects.
Death to Betty!

Julie H said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for you that you are able to see a bit better, makes it all worth it.

Jamie Ghione said...

Hoping you start to feel better.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Happy to see you had come good news to report today on the eye. You sure have been through a lot with it.

Bobi said...

Happy to hear your good news! You do make me tired with all that mulching talk. ;-)

sgsmith said...

Yay!Take that Betty!

Olga said...

That is good to hear -- total defeat to Betty!!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

This is great news! I admit I would have freaked when the pop happened, though. Totally freaked. I am glad you're seeing results from all the suffering you've endured!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, I did kind of flip out. I was also afraid to open my eye. But it all was a good thing I guess. I am still seeing the same now so I hope it just keeps getting better!! But the rest still sucks if I am being honest.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olivia, thank you!!! 💕

Ah Mike I so wish I could, just not built that way.

Thanks Tony! and yes, Ro is. :-)

Thank you Patti.

Paul, don't cry it's all good right now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, that is nice of you to say but I know my posts have been downers a lot. But God knows I am trying. Promise.

Julie, Jamie and Jean - the J's. :-) Thank you all!

Bobi, better to be tired reading it then doing it I say. :-)

sgsmith - thank you!!

Barbara said...

Excellent news about Betty. The meds seem to be working. Yahoo.