Friday, March 25, 2022

Classy?

It's bad enough one must be ill but then add a dose of confusion with math for the love of God and it's fun. 
Math, I hate math. Have I told you that in the last 5 days? I don't like math.
So now there is math in my health care. 

I have to take the cancer drug every 7 days. 10 pills every 7 days. 
I picked them up at the pharmacy and there were only 10 pills. I asked the pharmacist why only 10 pills when the bottle says to take 10 pills every 7 days for 90 days. Why wouldn't you give me 120 pills? (Or whatever the math makes it.)

She told me it was my insurance. I prefer to have my Rx's mailed so I don't have to deal with CVS and the horrific folks who work there but I couldn't wait for the drugs so I had to start here since CVS is the preferred.

I came home and called my insurance. 
They said it was the way it was written. Seriously? 
I said okay I hear that, but could you explain to me what you think it means. I feel stupid but I just don't get it. 
So she repeats what it says on the bottle and says you should have 120 pills. Exactly, but they are saying you, the insurance company rejected filling more than 10 at a time. 
So if you only give me enough for one dose I will now have to go back every 5-6 days to be sure they are in stock etc. 
This is rather crazy to me, do you see what I mean? 
She agreed and put me on hold. (the worst music ever in the history of being on hold music!!! it was like sitar music.)

She came back and said the doctor had to rewrite the script. 
For the love of God people. So I called the dr.s office and the office mgr said, this makes no sense, it is stated correctly. 
I told her I agreed but this is the only way to get them all at once. 
She began to tell me how dumb this was and on and on and I wanted to say, Look I know that is why I'm calling you for help. But I let her vent. I'm sure this was just one more thing on her pile of shit that has been thrown at her during her day at work. I remember that so I was letting her go. But I do admit it's better she vent and agree with me than when they vent and don't agree with me....tee hee

So they are now calling in a new Rx for me.  
I don't start them until Sunday. I have nowhere to go on Monday. 
I made sure of that!
He told me on Monday I would be so tired it would be best to stay home. Sounds like fun doesn't it?

Just to make you even more jealous of the fun things I do read on--
I got my teeth cleaned as did Rick on Thursday. 
Our appointments were 1p and 1:30p. 
Dear Lord, now we have to go to appts together. 
This is just too much together time this retirement thing. 
Good thing I like him.

We were discussing this very topic as we pulled into the parking lot of the new dentist.
As we are walking into the dental ofc together Rick's says, "oh God are we going to be those old people who dress alike next?" 

Me: I'd like to see you wear this buddy. 

Because my husband apparently doesn't even look at me, he now surveys what I'm wearing as if seeing this for the very first time.
He said to me, "well you look classy so I'll wear it."

OMG, he made me laugh.
I know he was being sweet but you didn't hear him.  Classy? 
He then said so sincerely, "were you wearing this when we left the house?
 
Now I am really laughing! 
He is too and he knew it when he said it what my reaction would be.

Me: No Rick, I changed at the last traffic light. You didn't notice?

Rick: You know Margaret I only like it when you're a smart ass with other people, and not directed at me.

Me: Too bad, this classy broad dishes it out and takes it so there.😛
I stuck out my tongue.

Rick: I misspoke about you being classy just so you know.
He laughs and sticks out his tongue.

We walk in laughing and the woman in the waiting room looks up and we felt like we were kids in trouble. 

How old are we?

16 comments:

Bobi said...

I HATE CVS! When my mom, who has dementia, was still at home, she needed a specialty drug that cost $400. I, as her PoA, cancelled it because I found it cheaper elsewhere, I also told them not to contact her, but they called her anyway and asked if they could refill her prescription. Of course, she didn't understand, figured she needed it and said yes. When I complained, they "listened to the tape" of their conversation with her and said she "sounded competent" so she had to pay. I went up their nasty food chain of "supervisors" complaining multiple times to no avail! They are crooks as far as I'm concerned. I've often wondered how many other elderly people they've taken advantage of.
Btw, wisdom from my mom: It's better to be called a smart ass than a dumb ass! ;-)

Cruisin Paul said...

Ha,ha,ha. You two are a hoot.

Now this thing about your pills. Who are these idiots that arrange these pills in the CVS? They sound like children. Oh well, this is retirement.


Cruisin Paul

Abby said...

I have had very little dealings with CVS. Now I hope it stays that way.

I'm sure you looked very classy and Rick would be smart to twin with you. Some days my husband and I happen to dress in the same colors... Then one of us notices and changes :)

Barbara said...

I switched to Walmart Rx some years ago. I found they were cheaper and if I used the drive-through I didn't have too much trouble except they were slow because there were always so many people. However, sitting in my car was better than standing in line. Now my Rx policy requires me to go to Walgreens. Since I switched last month, of course I had to go in the first time while I was told I didn't have any prescriptions, I didn't have any insurance, etc. I pay more for the drugs than I did before, but the premiums are lower. So I am trying not to fight the anger at going to Walgreens. I hate them all.

Arkansas Patti said...

Don't ya hate it when they can't do simple math. I had a similar situation and came home with only 14 pills. However I was lucky and when I went back, the pharmacist gave me the rest at no extra charge.
I really think you two are missing out unless you get your own reality show. I'd sure watch.

Jamie Ghione said...

I get my prescriptions at the Safeway pharmacy with my Medi-Cal (the name for Medicaid in California). They send texts to relet me know my Rx is in.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I get my prescriptions by mail and have not trouble except when I asked for tops that are not child proof. God, it took 6 emails and them sending me caps that didn't fit any of the bottles I had before getting a second shipment that did fit. I can't get my account tagged to only use those kinds of caps unless I'm willing to wait an extra 15 days to get prescripts filled.

Julie H said...

Hey at least you're still laughing!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Even at the dental office we have weird issues with prescriptions....so I am not surprised. I remember my Mom telling me about issues with hers, and I thought, why is the insurance messing around with changing her drugs that the doctor prescribed? But we have to live with it.
I am not happy to hear that the receptionist (or nurse, or whomever) felt that she had to vent to you. Normally I just let people ramble on and on while I devise a solution, but I don't go on about what a pain in the ass they're being. Haha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, I didn't mind. I knew from her voice she was having a bad day so as I said, she agreed with me so I let her vent. I no longer work but I remember those days and I felt for her you know? Besides everything at Duke Medical goes about 100mph so I know how busy she is too and this was so trivial and it was a pain in the ass. I just wish I had vented to customers I bet that would have felt good. :-)
I used my blog for venting. tee hee

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bobi, when my insurance changed I had to use CVS or trust me I wouldn't. My last drug for my eye was outrageous in the hundreds so I used Good RX and got it for only $65 vs. $350.
As I stated I prefer to just do everything though Silver Scripts which is CVS via mail but it couldn't be done quickly that way.
And I have heard that about smart ass vs dumb ass. I have been called a smart ass my whole life even as a wee little kid. It got me in trouble and out of trouble when I made them laugh. So it has it's perks. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, idiots?

Abby, at least you notice and change. We saw a couple of oldies at the grocery store in the same color pants, same exact sweatshirt and same sneakers. Too much. I had heels on the day he said this (small heels) and I'd love to see Rick size 13's in a pair of kitten heels. LOL.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, yes walmart is cheaper. But they are not in network with my insurance. I have gone to them when my insurance doesn't cover something and sometimes they Good Rx price is higher there. So I do what I have to do. I used to love Walgreens but the one here is horrible. I never even meet my deductible with my Rx's because I never took anything but a thyroid pill. But now...oiy vay. I am swallowing pills all damn day. I think I have now met my deductible!

Patti, well at least you got the rest for no extra charge. I won't be that lucky. we aren't pretty enough or young enough for a reality show. Last night we had a fit of giggles because I did not hear what he said correctly. We laughed so hard I needed a depends. Then Rick said, do you think others have a big belly laugh a day? I said no I don't think so. He said, they need a deaf wife, it's so helpful.You need to laugh like this daily. He winked and left the room. How can I not laugh with him around?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie, I too get text when ready. All the pharmacies I think do that now. It's helpful.

Jean, who knew getting non child proof tops would be so difficult? We ask for them too.
I think they should all be regular unless you ask for child proof instead of the other way around.

Julie, always. We laugh even in stress and depression. We are weird like that. :

Mike said...

Walgreens prices have dropped recently. I picked up some pills recently and they said "no charge". Others have just been $5. I don't even ask. I just grab and go.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, but that depends on your insurance. I can't use walgreens or it costs me more.