Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Vaccination

Out of pocket today.
Working and then heading to a town a bit southwest of me to get my vaccine at a CVS. 

As soon as I booked this I finally was called by the state where I registered. Figures. Either way I'll get vaccinated. 

I will of course share. 
Let's hope with all my medical "crap". (The professional term) that I have no side effects any worse than Rick.
And since this is 46 minutes away from my home, I hope I don't get sleepy until I get my ass home! 

14 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

I feel being a Canadian means we are treated poorly because everyone else is getting their vaccine except us. They say maybe June then July maybe in the fall. I want my shot.

Cruisin Paul

Grace said...

Once Virginia got its act together things went brilliantly here in Arlington. 2 weeks after I (finally) registered I got THE email. And I had 3 locations to choose from and 3 vaccines to choose from (each location had a different vaccine) - the closest location, a little over 1/2 mile away, had the J&J one and done vaccine and that's what we took. Staffed by volunteers it was easy-peasy, everyone was SO nice, we even got candy in the observation room. And then we actually walked home - I gotta give my decrepit old husband props for that - that's the farthest he has walked in close to 2 years. He had some side effects that lasted about 24 hours, I had none. Well done everyone!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, you are still waiting? I'm so sorry.

Grace, yes it did work smoothly after Jan 20th. Imagine that. I want the Pfizer or J&J. Not Moderna. I had a choice too and ran from Moderna. I have a lot of issues with shots, medications, etc. I didn't wish to take a chance with Moderna. I keep hearing horrible side effects. With autoimmune diseases, I thought it best to go the less side effect route. I registered before I was 65 and I think that was the issue. Either way today is the day.

Olga said...

Another little pwick for you. (I m still laughing about that!)

Julie H said...

Good luck! I was just a little sleepy for 2 days but not unfunctional sleepy.

Brian said...

Good luck with it all. AS you know, my experience with the J&J vaccine was smooth sailing. No matter which one you get, I just hope it goes well!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, ah, good one smarty pants!

Julie, that would be nothing new for me

Brian, thanks. I'm in parking lot. Got here a few minutes early because unsure of location. They won't let me enter for 15 more minutes. Geez.

Arkansas Patti said...

Aww, Olga beat me to it:) Great minds. So glad you are finally getting shot and just wished it were closer to home but am confident you will be fine. Let us know.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I get my second vaccine on Friday and thanks for reminding me about getting sleepy. I got sleepy for two days last time.

Jamie Ghione said...

My mom and I are looking out for vaccinations appointments in our town. None right now, but will keep looking Will see what happens.

Linda said...

Not available to me yet. Can’t wait.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, that's what you get you whippersnapper!

Jaimie, doesn't your state have a online sign up? From there you pick your county and then you look for a date/time that has openings. No? CVS? go to the CVS website and you should find sign up details there.

Barbara said...

I had no trouble with my first Moderna and a sore arm for a couple of days with my second Moderna. I did pay $40 round-trip on Uber for each of my shots just in case I had a reaction and had to go to the hospital. I like to be prepared. Hahaha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, so glad to hear that. Most I know have had some severe reactions. I didn't even get a sore arm. I'm lucky.