I had my first Pfizer vaccine shot.
I did not get a microchip planted by Bill Gates, I don't think it changed my DNA and so far no side effects except I am now tall and blonde. So to all those anti-vaccers, see it is okay. Who doesn't wish to be tall?
I was registered with the state. But then CVS locally opened up so I registered there and got an appointment time quickly.
Now when Rick and some neighbors went to the state one - it is at the Dulles Town Center which is a large mall. There were 75 booths giving shots. It went smoothly, ever so quickly, and everyone said it was easy peasy. There was a whole area with chairs and some juice and water to replenish you while you sat out your 15 minutes. Nothing like that at CVS. That is the big difference between the state and CVS's facility.
CVS was different. I got a text to link when I arrived. I hit the link and it told me I couldn't check in yet I was too early. So Izzy and I sat in the car and listened to the radio. Then it was time. I could hit the link now that it was 12:15. My appointment was at 12:30pm.
I entered CVS and was greated by a thermometer for my temp, thankfully I didn't have to bend over it was on my forehead. They made sure they had all my insurance and to show my ID. I then had to stand in line.
As you can see it went around the store aisles.
Thankfully I was not in any candy aisles! I can't be trusted if in the candy aisle, my God it's Easter time and there are Cadbury eggs to be eaten!
Instead while standing here above I picked up mascara, makeup remover pads, and a lipstick. Then I realized I don't need the lipstick because I am wearing a mask all the time so I put that back.
I saw a SALE sign and went a bit crazy there for a moment.
It was all at eye level while I just had to stand there and I thought, why not, I'm here and I need mascara.
Then I rounded the corner I was in the greeting card section as you see below. I bought a birthday card for a friend. I mean I'm just standing here might as well read a few cards and get what I needed.
By the time I got up to actually receive my shot, I had purchased all I needed from both aisles.
After the vaccine shot, they told me there were chairs to sit and wait for 15 minutes. But all the chairs were taken by people older than me so I walked around and then thought that was silly - go home. It took me 45 minutes to get there. It took 20 minutes to get my shot and 45 minutes home.
So I got in the car and came home. Izzy was in heaven because it was more time in the car which she loves for some strange reason.
I came back to the office answered a few voicemails and worked until 5:15pm. I had a headache and took some Tylenol and was fine.
No stinkin' side effects other than I am now 5'9" and quite happy about it.


18 comments:
Congratulations Peg. I'm still waiting for my shot. Canada sucks because I'm 71 and I should have the shot now.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, have they implemented a standard in your province? Have you signed up? Hard to believe Trudeau didn't put in place a register. i hope you get it soon!
The two ladies who washed my walls are anti-vaccers and believe that non-sense about Bill Gates micro-chipping us like dogs. Jeez, with all the people giving those shots in arms isn't it funny that none of them has seen that grain-of-rice sized chip, or do they think he's perfected an even smaller chip? And for what purpose? I hate how stupid some people can be.
Some people Jean? I'm finding it far more common to be stupid than well read or to have common sense. Or as Rick says, "If sense were really common more people would have it!"
Dang, I got the Moderna and I am still 5'1" and grey. You go tall blonde. Super glad you are on the way to being safe and with no bad side effects.
Patti, did you have side effects? Everyone told me Moderna had a lot of them. I have not heard that from anyone I know so just wondered. It's halfway there. Not that these variants can't kill me but...
Hey, your Marlins are doing well! I am not getting extra innings this year for the first time. I"m sad but I just can't with the move too much $$ right now.😥
5'9" and blond, eh? Send proof!! Hope the rest of the vaccine process is all smooth sailing!
I had to wait the 15 minutes and then go back to get my card. Did you get yours? I did Walgreens. No one takes temps here anymore.
I've had both my Pfizer shots. No side effects with either one. The second one was a week ago today.
Hopefully, you don't wake up tomorrow and find out you are 7'6". If that happens go get a Moderna to reverse it.
Yeah, I lost fifteen pounds after my first Pfizer. One more and I'll be back to youthful body. Do you think an iron will take care of the wrinkles or is that just wishful "inject bleach" kind of thinking?
The moderna was a piece of cake. Slight sore arm first shot, slightly itchy needle site the second one. Hope you are just as lucky.
Yep, the Marlins are surprising me and while we are in first place in the grapefruit league, we did have 5 tie games. That's not exactly winning.
Wish you were getting the extra innings. Can't imagine summer without the boys. I'll keep my eyes on the Yankees for you.
Brian, I can't the chip Bill Gates gave me won't allow for photos.
I may just vaporize.
Julie - I was supposed to wait and didn't. It was foolish of me but it felt weird just standing in the store and besides I would have spent more money!
Mike - no I'm going to wake up smarter and wealthier. Bill Gates told me so.
Olga - gee I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't lose any weight but this weight is fine for 5'9", it's the 5'1" that was the issue. 😋
Patti - so glad to hear that. A woman that Rick used to work with got so violently ill she was hospitalized. That scared the heck out of me. She is fine now though. Whew. Yes, I am sad too. I think I can get mlb.tv through prime for less money. Rick knows I'm bummed out. So he keeps telling me to do it - who cares. He always puts me before the bills. While nice, it's a bit delusional. And moving further south sure isn't going to get me more NY games. I love that Derek hired your new GM. If there was a WS of NYY and Marlins I would be so torn....almost.😏
Ugh, I am still 5'4", I should have asked for the Phizer vaccine :D
Yvonne, yep!🤣🤣
I am not allowed to go into a drug store because there is something on every aisle I want - not need. I don't know why drug stores turn me into a junkie so thank goodness for drive thrus.
LOL! The minute I saw the SALE sin, I very well may have forgotten all about getting that shot. I just grabbed some of those Cadbury eggs yesterday which are totally yummy, right? I'm glad that all went well and you suffered no ill affects from the shots. Well...other than getting taller!(lol) Hugs, RO
Barbara, that is so very true. I love a Walgreens run. But now I use the drive through because I can spend a weeks pay in that damn store. a friend just posted on Instagram that she had her vaccine at a Walgreens and it cost her $78. :-)
Ro, you and me girl. Everyone I know hates Cadbury Eggs and tells me they are too sweet. Those two words are not put together in my vocabulary 'too sweet' does not exist for me.
Post a Comment