Speaking of clothes....
When Covid and lockdown went into effect last year Rick's mode of dress changed too. He would NEVER walk the dog in his pj's. It could be 11pm and he'd change into jeans.
Now my husband will walk the dog in most anything he has on and has no shame about it. See what a year can do to you?
Last evening he was wearing pj bottoms and a t-shirt. He was doing that annoying whistle others find so delightful that makes his wife's ears bleed. He was a happy camper. He had a shower, a nice meal, made himself a cocktail and was wrestling with the dog on the floor. Then the dog runs to the front door. We know what that means.
Rick got up and grabbed his jacket and I asked, "Are you wearing your pj's outside at 8:30p? Oh, you rascal you!"
You know, just making fun of him like I enjoy.
He said to me, "They are pants. My ass is covered therefore I am presentable to walk my dog"
I chuckled and replied, "yes you are big fella, and gave him a peck on the cheek as he walked by."
When he came in he said, "You know that felt good!"
"Dare I ask what that was that felt so good, I'm kind of afraid"
"Not giving a shit. The best part of being 65."
So there ya have it. I went there with my hair and clothes and now Rick has joined me. I love when that happens. On the same page once again.
Then later I hear him talking to his sister on the phone. He repeated something I said to a close friend and mom. I couldn't believe he told her this. When he hung up I asked him why he said that. He responded with, "oh come on when you said it to your mom and me we both laughed. It's funny. I bet you wrote this on your blog"
I. did. not.
He didn't believe me. He does not read me so I told him to look.
He asked again, "you really didn't?"
Nope.
Then he said, "I dare you to share that with them. I bet they will laugh too."
"You can dare all you want mister."
"I double dare you."
"How old are you, you little shit?"
Now he is really laughing.
"If you do it tomorrow I will give you an hour-long massage - no sex required - just a great massage."
Nope.
"How about a massage, dinner and you get to pick and get the final say on the next house."
Done! That is worth embarrassment.
'Nothing says you're having an adventure like pooping at 70mph."
I'm picking the house this time!😁
11 comments:
Well that was easy...
Now THAT you can only do in a motor home! Unless - nah, we don't need to go there.
Brian, with diverticulitis i was thankful for the motor home. Holding on for dear life but thankful it was there
We do need to go there, Brian. The motor home was not the first thing I thought of.
haha
Ha ha, that to me is the best reason for an RV.
Ha! Well... there's an image! One of many perks of an RV.
Enoy you massage, dinner, and house hunt!
Been there, done that and your pay-off for spilling the beans was worth it.
You did well to hold out! I would have spilled for the massage myself.
"They are pants. My ass is covered therefore I am presentable to walk my dog", LOL!
I've always been a huge fan of comfortable dressing. Sweat pants are my friend. I never used to go to the grocery store in them until about 5 years ago...but when I'm really dreadful looking, that's when I'll see someone I know! Luckily, most of them are dressed about the same. :-)
One of the things I love about New Mexico ~ it is extremely casual here. We ate in a 5 star restaurant in Santa Fe in jeans. No one cares as long as you're clean, and your clothes are clean too. But I really don't get the teenagers that are wearing their pajamas and house slippers to the grocery store.
It's - my job didn't allow me to be casual either so it was fun to have covid just for that reason. Pitiful. I worked in Manhattan even though I lived here. I would not have been taken seriously if I dressed extremely casual for my environment. But I bet now, they too are more casual. I think this pandemic will have a kastubg effect on us be this way from now on. I don't think we can revert back. But I still think it's important to dress with respect. You don't go to a funeral in a pair of shorts and flip flops. It's just my hang up.
Post a Comment