Rick is suffering from extreme springtime allergies.
That meant that he came home and showered to get off all the pollen and crud. Took Izzy for a quick swim. Then he sat in his ugly chair and crashed. He didn't even eat. What that means is I had a night of no harassment. No jokes at my expense.
He and Izzy were both asleep by 7pm. I had stereo snoring. I put on my headphones to listen to TV and not either of them.
At 10p he awoke and said, "I am really tired, I'm going to bed"
That proclamation made me laugh. I rather figured you were tired when you sat down and instantly fell asleep for the last 3 hrs.
He is taking so many OTC drugs for his allergies. He is one drippy mess.
He can't breathe and is just plain miserable. I seriously don't miss that.
He can't breathe and is just plain miserable. I seriously don't miss that.
I had severe allergies to the point of all of my 20s I had shots. Then I was just a hot mess and on some drugs but overall nothing helps until it's all gone. I'd rather have a cold or the flu than allergies. Far easier to have those others because they don't last as long as allergies. Once I went gluten-free I had no more allergies. Talk about a major surprise to me!
But I was thrilled by it.
I still get a bit, like last week my ears itched. Weird right? That was always a symptom for me. So I had a little of that. But that was it. As soon as that hit I said, "Rick your allergies are going to start soon" And boy did they.
I asked him last night if he went gluten-free and never had to deal with this misery again would he do it? He paused for the longest time and I said, "that was an answer" He laughed. If you had asked me that before I HAD to go gluten-free I would probably have said no too. But since I had no choice I am thrilled it fixed my allergies. They were far worse for me in Fall than Springtime. But neither one was ever fun.
This morning ole drippy was a hot mess. He is a mouth breather now and his voice is wonky. He took Dayquil this morning. He shouldn't because he has high blood pressure but it does help the drippy. As he explained to me this morning his work today was on tubs so he was bending over and he didn't want to drip in his mask. So he had to take Dayquil.
You know that whole mask thing and being drippy never occurred to me.
The poor guy.
So I have a limp-y dog today, a husband who is miserable and I'm just fine.
I think I need to run away before they mess me up.
The other night when I was up all night with the dog I watched a nightline episode I wish I had never watched. It was on the DeepFake App. I am certain by now you all know about this. It's an app that changes everything to the point of seeming real.
They showed how this was used with the dictator from Korea. It was his face but it was all fake. I can see wars starting from this if in the wrong hands. I find this so damn scary.
Here is a clip of the nightline story on DeepFake. Take a moment to view this so you too can be scared shitless. I hate being this way alone.
14 comments:
Sorry to hear about Rick. I am thinking I would go GF to feel better but it is hard because gluten is so darn yummy. I think you nailed it about the wars and stuff with the deepfake videos. People are already gullible enough and this isn't going to help. Take care.
Well now I'm scared too. Good grief.
No way will I watch that. Being scared to me is never a good thing. But I am interested in what you said about going gluten-free since I am trying this and today was the first day. I posted about this on my blog today and would appreciate any comments or advice you could give. Have you been gluten free for long?
I had a ton of allergies from babyhood until my 40s...got the shots, too, for years and lived on pills. And just like that they seem to go away and I am effeminately not gluten-free. I was told that your bodies and allergies change every seven years. I feel for Rick, Being knocked out from the allergy meds is not fun.
My husband and I have allergies. You need to constantly change up your medicines because your body gets use to them over time .one thing that has helped my husband is Flonase nasal spray!
Back in the early 90's at the phone company, a guy in our group made a training video. He misspoke a word. The video department changed the word in the audio, and cut and pasted a copy of his mouth so it looked like he said the right word.
Has Rick ever tried Zyrtec? That worked miracles for me.
I started taking it many years back to combat a recurring hives problem, but as an added bonus, it totally cleared up my pollen allergies, without any side-effects like fatigue. Even after the hives thing ran its course, I still take the Zyrtec (technically the generic equivalent) and I've been drip-free for almost 20 years. I so wish that stuff was available when I was a kid.
Most of those OTC allergy meds make you sleepy. I take Quercetin (an antihistamine) which is basically apple peels and it works wonderfully, quickly and never makes me sleepy. But only lasts about 4 hours so I have to repeat. I get mine at Amazon.
Hope Rick tries Gluten Free. Really can't hurt and if it does for him what it did for you--so worth it.
I feel bad for Rick ~ I have a few family members that suffer from terrible allergies especially when the cedar is releasing it's pollen. I'm so lucky to only have a few sneezes and a runny nose, which is the extent of my allergy woes.
To All - Rick has tried all these things. Flonase and Allegra seem to work best for him. Zyrtec not so much.
Never have heard of Quercetin but will most certainly look into it. Sleepiness is a big factor in a lot of these for him. Thanks ya'll.
Crazy definitely can be used for evil!
I was taking Zyrtec but I ran out for awhile. I take an Advil cold and sinus every so often. I never had allergies when I was younger.
Heard about the cheerleader deepfakes,Geez!
Sorry for ol' Drippy. I did shots for three years, maybe helped a teeny bit. Flonase is my go to now. The pills just make me sleepy
Julie, my doctor told me once that you have allergies that can lay dormant for years and then come out. Who knows if that is true but that is what he told me. '
Abby, yes I saw the cheerleader thing but didn't really grasp the whole fear thing until I watched Nightline. Now I am waiting for a war to start with this shit.
Rick is better this morning. I think the Allegra has finally built up along with his FLonase. But he's still icky.
I've heard if you live in my area long enough you will eventually have allergies lol
Post a Comment