Tuesday was so awful with work, technology and life/health issues that I won't even go into that today. Another day I'll bore you with these issues. But it cleared out my tear ducts and that's somethin' I suppose.
Wednesday -
Email still not working and I spent 7 hrs dealing with techs, aol, and other assorted asshats.
While the above was taking place I hear a sound.
It sounded like water dripping downstairs.
Gee the washer is not on. No water is running. I am on hold so I run downstairs.
I see this, only with water pouring out:
I fun back upstairs into the laundry room because this is where it happened last time let's start there. Water on the floor and in the pan under the washer. Washer pan is full and there is some on the floor but not flooding....yet.
WTH?
I run downstairs to the kitchen and turn off the water.
Here we go again.
I call 5 plumbers from my cell because I am on hold on the office landline with a headset with the techie geeks to"help" with my tech issue.
Four plumbers can't come because of short notice or because they don't service my area. One said they could come next week. Great a week with no water, thanks but no thanks.
I'm still on hold with techies mind you.
I run to the garage (thank God for a headset) and grab a plastic drop cloth of Rick's. I put it over the leather sofa that is now wet. I move smaller furniture out of the way and put a bucket there as well. I am still on hold. Thank God for the invention of a headset, I love that person.
I take a broom handle and try to move all the water from the bubble to the hole to get it to stop dripping, it was working. The water is still off.
I find a plumber who would come. He has 5 star rating on yelp and on google. The reviews were amazing. I hope he can help.
In the meantime, I had called my home warranty company the day before because my oven stopped working last week. I figured since both are covered he could look at both if this is a washer issue or a plumbing issue.
Home Warranty man arrives and barely speaks English. I struggled to understand him. AND he is afraid of dogs. Oh boy.
He went into the laundry room. I finished up with the guys on the phone.
Email is still not working but had to go for now.
Nothing wrong with the washer he says you need a plumber.
Great. Got that covered. So he looks at my oven. Needs a new ignitor.
I have two oven doors on my range. The small one on the top still works just not the bottom one. It has to be ordered and he leaves after he gets paid.
I finally get a tech who needs to take over my computer to see the issues. He was an idiot. At one point I had to tell him to not do what he wanted.
I can't get them to understand, probably because they are not in America. He wants to delete this mail box. NO. It is with our calendar and if I lose our calendar we are dead in the water. I explain this is a business I explain how a calendar works for a contractor. He did not get it. I thanked him for his time and told him I needed to get off the phone. I was frustrated. I wanted to scream, kick, cry and say foul things to him. So I thought it best to just get off the phone we've been dealing with this issue since 8am. I get this guy off my computer and decide to deal with it later.
Now the plumber arrives an hour later. I am back on the phone with the techies because someone I spoke to earlier in the day had an idea and called me back. I asked the nice plumber if he could just wait a few minutes. I tied up things with them. We have a bandaid on the issue but it's still going to be an issue. All I could do for that moment in time so I took the band-aid. I need to be off the phone to get this plumber fixing things.
In the meantime the dog needs to go out. I can't leave right now. I called my neighbor for help. No one home. Aargh. Izzy you either shit on the floor or hold it. I can't leave. Poor Izzy. She sat by the door.
This wonderful plumber, Richardo, sees the ceiling and said, Oh Oh.
Not comforting.
I show him to the laundry room and he sees the issue immediately.
Who knew...okay ya'll probably knew but I did not...that the plastic basin under my washer has a drain. That drain was clogged.
Apparently, the HVAC which is on the 3rd-floor utility room that pipe connects to this and then the condensation and water goes out the pipe that is outside the house. All that condensation couldn't go anywhere with the A/C running 24/7 so it went through my ceiling yet again. It was bubbling up when I saw it in the laundry room. So when it bubbled up with nowhere to go it just went into the pan and onto my floor.
The plumber couldn't get the snake down the drain. The drain opening was too small. Rick came home at just the right time and sees all this and says, "What the hell happened now?" Yep, buddy that is exactly how I am feeling. Try handling this, talking to customers, answering the phones, not having emails, dealing with a dog that has to go outside for a walk and talking to people who I do not understand their language. It's been a baaad day so don't you dare say, "What did I do." He knows he says this all the time and it pisses me off so he was smart and didn't utter those words. I needed to take my frustrations out on someone and honest to God if he had said that I would have snapped.
He and Richardo talked about all that he had done and what the issues were.
Rick had an idea and he told Richardo and they thought they'd try it.
Rick took his wet vac to the pipe outside and sucked out the clog. It worked.
During all of this the pan was stepped on and now cracked so we must get a new one. Preferably something that isn't plastic, won't crack and when water is in it won't leak. He gave us $100 off since Rick actually fixed it with his idea. His next step was going to cost more and it would have been losing some flooring etc. Thank God Rick came home when he did.
I have to say that this plumber was a rock star. He called to tell me he was coming, he sent a text and it showed his picture so I knew who would be at my home. He wore booties and a mask. He was so polite, easier to understand than the guy before him and he explained everything to me and was patient with me when I asked him so many questions.
This plumbing company has an emergency unit and he works in that unit so if I use the plumbing service again I wouldn't see him unless it was an emergency as it was on Wednesday. Great idea to have an emergency unit. I asked him if there were that many emergencies and he laughed and said sadly there are many. And if for some reason we are slower in that area we do regular jobs. I found that interesting for some reason.
Now I must fix and paint my ceiling yet again.
Today I come to work and our voicemail is not working. Apparently, Verizon has an issue in VA, NJ, and CT.
They did a software update and this happened.
So if I am on a call with a customer it rolls into voicemail telling you I'm on the phone with a customer to leave your name and I'll get back to them. So now people will leave a message and I will have no way of knowing. I will lose money. Lovely. Let's add that to my pandemic list of shit.
Verizon tells me they are aware of this and I got a repair ticket. They expect it to be fixed by this evening. That helps me for tomorrow I suppose. Today is a lost cause as this whole week has been.
Add trump taking the numbers from the CDC to hide how many Americans are dying or that have the disease. What a douchebag.
Why can't he just die? Yes, I said that. He is an awful human being.
In fact, he is mentally disabled and evil. Great combo. I saw a press conference that made no sense. He rambled and confused words and then went on to tangents. My father had dementia and was more coherent.
Then we add the dumbells in the south.
And my husband wants to move south for no winters.
These people are not bright. I can't be around people like this.
They are followers, not thinkers.
It is obvious they don't read or have never read a book.
I can't move south, God help me! Yes, that is a stereotype.
But someone prove it wrong to me. The governor of Georgia is telling his counties to not wear a mask. Why the hell are they making this political? It's a pandemic.
It's not about how stupid trump is or his election chances, he did that on his own.
Maybe with climate change, I can convince Rick we can move north.
So that's my bitching for today, just add health issues to this and it's been awful around these parts.
Happy Peg is in here somewhere.
She's drowning and trying like hell to stay afloat. I will leave you with some funnies that are oh so accurate.




15 comments:
Wow, you're not having a good week! But at least you found a good plumber and that is gold.
I'm surprised that you have to turn the water off on the whole house when you're having a problem with the washing machines. Here the law requires turn off valves on both the hot water and the cold on the wall behind or beside the washing machine same with dishwashers.
Jean, I had no idea where the water was coming from so i just turned it off to the whole house.
Oh I'm so sorry. What a clusterfuck. (((hugs)))
Eegads, what a lot of sh*t to deal with. At least your story includes two heroes - Rick and the plumber - who quickly diagnosed the water problem and the fix.
Yikes!! That is just too much.
I have been having water leak problems too. I have figured out that I was drowned as a witch at least once (probably more than once) in previous lifetimes and this is how karma is manifesting in the current incarnation. It definitely sucks eggs in a closet.
You didn't buy a water alarm like I mentioned last time, did you? Nooooo, you didn't need too, we got a drain! We don't need no stinkin' alarm!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Basement-Watchdog-Battery-Operated-Water-Alarm-BWD-HWA/100038838
Damn is all I can say. I have a rectal thermometer I will gladly donate to the cause.
Mike, we did get one BUT it had nothing to do with the washer. The washer had not been on for 5 days. So it wouldn't just shut it off but where was the water coming? I was clueless so turned the water to the house off. Water was coming up the drain from the HVAC and backing up this drain because they connect there. It was bubbling up from the drain from condensation.and the clog of course. Trust me on this. The new shut off was not the issue.
Good grief lady, I started drinking again half way through just reading this. Well not really but it did occur to me. Thank goodness there was a bright spot with that plumber and Rick's creative cure.
Interesting that even in 1918 there was mask resistance. That one took two years to go away. Hope we can do better. Proud finally of Arkansas. We just mandated masks all over the state as of Monday. $2000 fine if you don't want to cover up. Big sigh of relief here.
Aw honey.......
Wow. You had a whole lot of Mondays this week!
Brian, yes I have!
Omg such a bad day ((hugs)) If I ever get a 2 story house I want the washer on the bottom floor lol
OMG, so now I get it. I'm sorry for all this stupid trouble when we are already dealing with so much crap.Now we have to wear masks outside. I'm going to stay in and walk on the treadmill. Yesterday I went to Target, and it was so warm in there wearing a mask felt like I was gonna melt and I couldn't breathe. Bought my crap and got the heck out!
Yvonne, I'm sorry your mask was hot. But a ventilator would be worse! I find the blue masks tolerable. All my cloth ones are awful warm. But, I wear them proudly to do my part...or stay indoors. 😷
Post a Comment