Wednesday, July 8, 2020

No, to Baseball

While you all know I am obsessed with baseball I don't think we should be coming back. We are not on our 2nd wave....we've never left our 1st wave and if people don't wake up we will never leave it.

Players are opting out every day. Most of the Washington Nationals are either sick with Covid-19 or they have opted out. The Nats even closed down their training at their home stadium because so many are sick. I am hearing rumblings that Mike Trout will opt out as well. On my team, there are none who have opted out , but they sure are vocal. I wish there were more. Can't play with the 2nd string can you? Owners will do anything for the money, but this is stupid with a capital S.

Here is a comment from Washington Nationals Player, Sean Doolittle (relief pitcher)
“We’re trying to bring baseball back during a pandemic that’s killed over 130,000 people. We’re way worse off as a country than we were in March when we shut this thing down... We haven’t done any of the things that other countries have done... Sports are like the reward of a functioning society. And we’re trying to just bring it back, even though we’ve taken none of the steps to flatten the curve.”

I couldn't agree more with the above statement. If I had a job where I had the option of opting out I would do so. I read where one guy was losing 6 million by doing so and the reporter asked him about that and he said he will be fine and chuckled. Yes, he will be fine. I'd be fine too if you took away 6 million but I had another 15 so what the hell. Oh boy, would that be nice? I'd be writing to you from a nice warm beach in Hawaii. But he's smart. His wife is pregnant, his mother is in poor health. He just didn't see the reward being worth the risk. I couldn't agree more.

I read yesterday about all these businesses who took the PPP money. They won't have to pay it back and they are letting small business close their doors. Man this fries my ass. Here are a couple of the articles if you are so inclined.




I'd sure love to get this money and not have to follow the rules too.

But in the meantime I need laughter.  
Have yourself a giggle.  We all need some. 
I honestly can't fathom not being able to tell time from an analog clock. 😀

12 comments:

Mike said...

I loved the kid dialing the phone before picking up the handset.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

We will all be happy to celebrate the end of 2020...unless 2021 turns out worse.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, when we watched we were yelling at the tv, 'pick up the receiver!'

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, Bite your tongue!!

Arkansas Patti said...

You know I love baseball but I agree with you. We are not any where near ready for any sports. I do feel for the guys who are on the final days of their careers and also those who were just finally making it to the show. The postponement will be painful.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I agree. The only ones who love this are the Astros. Their cheating ways will not be the topic.

Linda said...

Thanks Peg.....I needed that.

Linda said...

I really needed a laugh♥

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Linda we all do!!

Mike said...

Me too - Jean, Bite your tongue!!

Abby said...

Love the millennial's answer to the analog clock: like, 3-something? And she had no clue as to the floppy disk :D. I don't know if I'd have gotten any of the boomer tests - never seen a vape pen!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I saw my nieces so I knew. :-)
Hard to fathom not knowing how to tell time with out the actual numbers saying 12:45. I wonder if they know what the 45 means?