Monday, July 6, 2020

Slow!

Life is pretty dull right now.

Normally this week at work is dead for us. We wondered if it would be the same this year. Nothing has been the same this year. So we didn't know what to expect.  We are booked for several weeks so what I mean by slow is the phones don't ring off the hook all day long. I was at my desk at 8:15am and not a single call until 9:30am. That is so weird. Normally on a Monday, I don't get a momentary reprieve of calls, emails, and more calls.  Today by 10am I had  2 calls and a couple of weekend emails to address. That was it! Slower than when the pandemic started.  

Now in the old days, I'd take this time to do things I don't normally have time for.
Some require me to leave my house. So those aren't getting done.
Some require just doing household things, but I did that all weekend.
So now this gives me time to clean my incredibly messy office. 
But will I?😊Ah, that is the big question.

Did you see the 28 yr old who went to a party? Somewhere in the south. 
I believe Texas. He and the majority of the kids there got sick. He posted on FB how bad this was and he was sorry if he got anyone sick. He said it was so much worse than anything he thought possible. The next day he died. Do you think kids hear this? 
I want us to be like New Zealand - only 1 case has reared its head recently after having no cases. They are able to trace this because they were on 5 weeks of level 4 lockdown. Now when they get 1 case, they can track it. How it got there, who went where or did what kind of information. They can learn.  A leader with a PLAN. Who would have thought a plan in place was a good idea? 

My oven stopped working Friday night. Friday night has become Rick's nacho night. I build them on a big cookie sheet and even though everything is already cooked and warm I bake them a few minutes for the cheese to really melt.
But after making them and the oven not coming on we did them on the grill. WOW was that good. The smokiness of the grill added a nice touch. Rick is doing all kinds of nachos of late. BBQ nachos with pulled pork. He changes up the cheeses and the peppers and all the toppings to work with pork. Last week he made Buffalo Chicken wing nachos with blue cheese, celery chopped (instead of scallions) mozzarella cheese, and honestly, I can't recall all the Fixin's he used but damn, those were very good. 
He has to stop this Friday night nacho party because I like them and can eat them and then I do. See the problem?  I told him to go back to his Friday night pizza, I can't eat pizza so I generally have a salad. See the issue? Yes, It's me. 😉

I have noticed that during the pandemic fewer people are coming to the blog. Less are commenting. It's like weekend numbers only during the week. You would think that the pandemic would be reason for more to be home and to write/read. But instead, no one is updating their blogs or barely visiting others.
I find that very interesting. Depression? Pandemic Funk? Or other fun Pandemic things comes to mind here. Have you all noticed?


13 comments:

jono said...

Yeah, things are definitely weird out in the world. I have noticed a lot of people losing patience and with interruptions in the supply chain things are exacerbated. Our species is supposed to be adaptable, but we don't like change. So here we are.

Susan Kane said...

I have noticed the lack of blogger comments. Just tired? dI give to depression. Lack of joy. I'll keep posting, it is fun.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jono, weird is an understatement. I agree we aren't very adaptable are we?



Susan, lack of joy could be a very good reason. I can't always comment on your blog. You are in the group that won't allow me to blog. I find some will let me on IE instead of Chrome and some won't let me no matter which i use. But I'm reading you!!

Ami said...

I can only speak for myself.
The time away from work and the medical issues have caused me to be a little more introspective than I ordinarily am. So I'm using my blog to work through some of it. The posts are hard to write, take a lot of emotional energy and no small portion of anger and teeth-grinding.

I haven't been looking at other people's blogs as much, either. Haven't been at the computer as much. With my daughter and her guy living here, I don't have as much free time. And I'm doing a LOT of goddamn dishes.

Olga said...

Lately I keep feeling that I want to be doing something and then I have no earthly idea what that might be. I have the attention span of a flea.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Blogging during a pandemic is weird. It feels hollow if you don't mention that elephant in the room. If you do mention too often I worry people are tired of hearing about it every time we turn around. And when most of us are stuck at home we don't have as much to write about. I don't see anything turning anytime soon without a national response to the pandemic

Mike said...

I think I have a few more comments coming in because I'm responding to them. Something I haven't done for a while because when I used to do it, I wound up pissing people off and losing readers. Since I've started up again? So far so good. But just give me a little time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, I hear you. On working through it here AND all the GD dishes!

Olga,YES!! I am not normally like this but i am now.

Jean, i agree with everything you said!

Mike, you pissed people off? Nah. Say it ain't so.

Rosie said...

Hi I am new to your blog and thanks for sharing. I am spending more time looking at different blogs to find how life is for others in these different times. I am from a small city in Australia and life has been different here but we have not had any new cases for about a month now so the powers that be are giving us some extra freedom after weeks of isolation. We are able to go to restaurants with distancing and we are enjoying some social life now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Rosie! Welcome! We are all dealing with it differently. I have friends and family is severe depression. Some who go on with their life like nothing is going on and I am in the middle. Stressed, fear and trying very hard to move forward. How are you doing? At least you have a smart PM. We have an idiot who is our president.

Arkansas Patti said...

Think we need to book a slow boat to New Zealand. I have wanted to visit there for a long time, now when it is probably the safest place in the world--I would be banned at the boarder just being an American.
My energy levels have collapsed but I can still visit my blog buddies. Might take me longer to get there but you are a can't miss.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh dear Patti, did I miss a post about you being ill? Or is it the heat that is making you a bit slower? And thank you!

Julie H said...

Hardly anyone comments on my blog anymore but you haha. I think I must be boring!

Oh man Nachos are my favorite.