If only there was a garbage can close by for Rick to dispose of this.
WHY?
I guess I should be happy he changed the roll but c'mon.
I swear he does it on purpose to drive me nuts. And if I don't put it in the garbage bin, it will remain on the tub deck forever!!
That was yesterday.
Then this morning I couldn't find the rolls to make his lunch.
We used the rolls last night for his burgers on the grill where could they be if not in the normal place?
I asked, "Where did you put them when you put things away?"
Then I realized what I said. He did too and we both laughed.
"Me? put things away? I thought that I didn't do that and it made you a bit peeved?"
Oh, the ass. I hated that I was laughing right now. I'm supposed to be angry at him, aren't I? But instead, I am laughing yet again.
He is lucky he makes me laugh because honestly, I could just...
He's right I put things away last night and for some unknown reason, I put them away in the fridge! Holy shit. They don't go in the fridge.
I think I may be losing it.
I'm going with - he is driving me crazy and it's all his fault.
That is my story and I'm damn well sticking to it!

23 comments:
Gotta keep laughing to keep from crying, sometimes. I was in a house once where the people living there had more than a dozen empty toilet paper rolls near the toilet. I guess they were waiting for the good fairy to come along and make them disappear.
Or a test of wills Jean. It reminds me of the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. He left his suitcase on the staircase. She was pissed and refused to put his suitcase away. After a week he notices it just sitting there and he's pissed she hasn't put it away. A test of wills. It was funny but not as funny as an "outsider" viewing it. 🙂
When two can laugh in life, they love when another. Rick and you Peg can laugh but you can tell that you love each other. See ya.
Cruisin Paul
Paul-❤🙂
My husband does the same thing and I remember my father doing it too - men lol! Glad we can laugh about it :D
Maybe he does it on purpose so you will know that he did actually change the roll. Regardless he is a hoot and he does know how to keep you (and us) laughing. Priceless.
Martha, because we can't kill them. :-)
Patti, He told me once after he said something incredibly funny and stupid all at the same time to me that I immediately wrote it down to not forget it.
After seeing that he told me that I married him for blog fodder. Yes, that was it. I found myself a big ole silly man who would do stupid things and frustrate me so I could write about it. Yep that's what I did Rick! In all seriousness, people ask the secret to our marriage. I always say my ability to laugh at him and not kill him. :-)
I can't really comment on this one since I've been divorced since 1997, but it seemed vaguely familiar I think. Perhaps you could collect all the empty toilet paper rolls and make him something for Christmas out of them. Oh, I'm a horrible person, aren't I?
Men are men. They don't think like we do. Sometimes they don't think at all especially when it comes to matters such as toilet paper rolls and where to put things. Stuff like that escapes their thought process. It just isn't hardwired in there. As long as they know where the remote control is located and that you have a smile on your face all is well in the world.
"if I don't put it in the garbage bin, it will remain on the tub deck forever!!"
Yes, I've tried that strategy, with similar results.
Mildred, I control the remote😀 otherwise everything else is true.
Abby, yep!
Too much effort to open the can lid lol
Julie, it has a toe tap opener to boot
I can relate to the TP roll not making it into the garbage can. I think Rick is like me and he has good intentions but then he gets distracted looking at himself in the bathroom mirror. Who can blame us? We are sexy manbeasts and it is important to take a moment to observe us. That is just one theory. The other one is that he has lost his marbles like me and forgets to throw it away because we are getting so old that we will be able to hide our own Easter eggs soon.
Just like Julie said. Too much effort to open the can lid. I'm glad she gets it!
Sexy Manbeast...err I mean Mr.Shife. you guys make a pack to stick together don'tcha?
Yes my big strong man is not even losing his marbles yet, he was like this at 30yrs old. But I know he will love your theory so I will pass it on!
Mike yes he is too stupid to touch it with his toe. He doesn't even have to bend over!!then again an old fart like you may not be able to do that either. HA
Boy Mike my comment sounded like that spammer about we boomers need to die.🤣🤣🤣
I think he wants his strokes for changing the roll, but maybe that is giving him too much credit.
You're still laughing though.....that's what makes you you.
Linda,yes it took him 25yrs to take it off and put on a new roll. I guess I should be thrilled. But Linda I don't have another 25yrs left in my life for me to wait for him to figure this out!
I know better but others may not. I think the HA softened it just fine.
My husband of 48 years is finally working with me on the TP issue. Still have the dirty dishes blocking the disposal, but it is a work in progress.
I would stick to that story too!
There is always that one person in the house. My Romeo will change the roll before the other one is empty, then leave that perched on the new one. Clever.
It's - I guess we all have one in the house. Although what Romeo does is better than not replacing it at all I guess.
Post a Comment