Fourteen Marlin players and coaches infected. And the Yankees are about to inherit the locker rooms that Miami just used. What could go wrong?

This is why it is too soon to be playing baseball or football.
This is just stupid. When will they stop chasing the $$$ when a player dies or sues them?
In other news...
Mondays suck. That's a straight-up news breaking bulletin, isn't it?
We have not been on our boat all season long.
And that is a 1st world problem, isn't it? Boohoo for me.
But the point is that I was walking the dog at lunch and a neighbor saw me pointed at my legs and said my legs were the same color as my shorts. I had to laugh because I am the palest Italian American you have ever seen. And my legs do match my shorts sadly. (white shorts)
I miss being on the water and getting sun but it is what it is and I can't dwell. She told me she has a tanning bed in her home and I could use it if I like. I said thank you but no thank you. I am not going to my neighbors and getting in her tanning bed. Gross. But apparently, my legs really bothered her, even more than they bother me being this blindingly white. Oh well, worse problems in the world you know? My legs work. So they will be just fine pale and pasty.
Rick decided he was missing fishing so heaven forbid he be idle.
Rick loves to tinker in the garage.
I don't enter our garage because it has more tools than Home Depot.
It's hard to walk in there - I leave it to his domain.
He tinkers around and builds things and stains and paints etc.
Since the pandemic, he goes out there more. I think it is a stress reliever.
When he began playing with epoxy's he saw this table and said I could make that. I believe I posted this.
I said where will we use that? No, he tells me I am going to sell them.
I said. "What the hell do you mean to sell them?"
He said the man who made this sent me the how-to for the table sold his for over $700. I chuckle and say something supportive but seriously...
(bad wife again doubting him)
So, we had these old trays that are various sizes in the storage closet in the garage that were going to be thrown away.
He decided to begin practicing this on something small before the table.
He came to me and asked me to come out to the garage to view his practices.
He said, " I am getting close. I need a darker color and more practice but I can do this and it's fun and creative for me." Great.
Here is what his 1st-time practice looks like.
Sure they need LOTS of work but this is his first try. He needs more colors, 2 to be exact but he's just practicing right now and I think he'll get there.
He needs his bubbles and white to be better for sure.
I wish I could be like him though. He says I am going to build a cabinet for you and he shows me the picture in the magazine and viola it looks just like that.
He then gets a wild hair up his arse and says I think I wanna try to make a table like this to sell. And his first practice is pretty darn good considering it's his first time. If I did that it would more like tie-dye.
I don't need to tell you for the thousandth time that I have no talent or skills so I am always surprised that he just says I want to do this and he does it. Makes me want to hate him. :-)
Once he told me he wanted to build a greenhouse out of PVC and make it self watering. I made the mistake of laughing. That only makes him more determined to prove me wrong. He had no blueprint except what he drew on paper. So he fooled around until he got what he wanted and it was amazing. My girlfriend wanted it when we moved west and offered to buy it but he gave it to her. She uses it to this day and LOVES it.
I wish he could do that with money.
Make me some money in that garage and then let's flee baby!
The guy is so busy you would think that this would be the last thing he'd want to do in his downtime. But it's Zen-like for him, just like fishing is for him. He can be a cranky old cuss and I will say, why don't you go fishing.
He thinks I'm being a nice wife. Nope. I just want Mr. Cranky Pants to leave because I know when he comes home he is back to normal.
It's all about me you see.😀
He goes fishing cranky and comes back himself.
It truly is Zen-like for him just like putzing around in the garage. I figure we all need something that lowers the blood pressure and makes one calmer.
Since I don't have any damn talent at anything I will just have to find my zen in wine...tee hee


13 comments:
I think that table idea would be a great flooring idea for a house by the beach.
Mike it's too damn bad I no longer have one! :-(
Yikes, this has gotten out of hand. Don't think one game postponed is the answer. I think it is like children going back to school, it just isn't going to work.
Hope your guys stay safe.
Agreed Patti. I know it's bad in Miami and it has hit those players hard. It won't get better. I wish they would just stop it now before it gets so far worse. I sent you an email this morning. But your Marlins did kick the Phillie's butts so I was happy as hell.
That's how I feel sewing. Someone who I now block from all my posts on FB) always posts on my mask posts about how I should relax and do something else. Like this IS me relaxing. She just doesn't get it.
He's a keeper. The idea is beautiful.
Julie, I love that you have that. If someone doesn't have anything that relaxes them they will never get it. Kind of sad.
Susan. The idea is beautiful, let's hope he can achieve.
I have seen tables like that and smaller ones in upscale art & decorative stores and at outdoor arts & craft markets. Bigger price tags than $700. Some look look sunsets and others like sand at the sea and water. Not a bad hobby and dovetails Rick's daytime job really well. Anything that gets your mind off the state of the world right now is a good use of time.
I love the trays. I watch YouTube videos of people using epoxy resin for all kinds of things. I look, I say, "I could do that!"
And with practice, I probably could. Thing is, there are about a billion hobbies already sitting here for me to play with. So I guess not.
My legs are white this summer, too. No summer camp with kids, no Mental out in the sunshine.
I agree. We should not open schools. Children are going to die, their adults will die, elderly grandparents will die... and we could slow the spread by keeping schools closed.
But the almighty dollar....
Jean, we too have seen them for far higher as well. But you are right it is hard to stay positive and up right now so anything that helps keep him is a positive.
Ami, I'm sure you could! And I agree with schools not opening we (u.s.)are crazy!
I'll bet Rick pulls off that table after a little practice. I love to play with my arts and crafts but I don't really have any talent. My ex was like Rick, he could just do so many things. Oh well, I guess it takes the rest of us talentless people to balance the world.
Barbara, you and I can sit in the corner together while all these creatives ones do their thing 😏
Post a Comment