Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Double Post on Hump Day.

Okay, this is weird.
My earlier post if read in Chrome was normal.
If read in Explorer it looked like all italics and very difficult to read.
What is up with that? I am sorry, I do not know how to make it revert to normal. I tried all things that should have done it. Aargh!
Blogger is so damn frustrating for me.

My girlfriend sent this meme to me last night with the comment, 'Margaret this made me think of you.'  
I wrote back - because this woman's breasts are not up where they should be or just how in general I hate wearing a bra? LOL

She wrote back...' Both?'  
That made me laugh. 
I said to her, Melanie if I am wearing a bra and mine are ever that low, please tell me to buy a  good bra for Pete's Sake!
But this is damn funny and right on!

Tuesday evening Rick and I dvr'd Ringo Starr's 80th birthday celebration.
We watched it at 5:30a this morning. That's normal right?

My God, Ringo's 80. That seems so old and yet, Ringo Starr. 
Mentally I am still 25 so when I hear or see a person I think of as my age it flips me out. Okay, I am not close to 80 but closer to 80 than 25. So there is that sucky tidbit. White-haired men came up on the screen and we were asking, "who is that?"  Peter Frampton was the only one who looked like himself with white hair. Will this happen when I go gray? 
Joe Walsh who I adore, is Ringo's brother in law. (come on, James Gang!)

I heard a 2 hr interview with these 2 men on Stern one day and it was a fabulous interview. I did not know Joe was married to Ringo's wife's sister.
Apparently, the women are both fluent in Italian, and when they don't want the "boys" to know what they are talking about they dive into Italian. I find that funny. Being of 100% Italian descent my only conversation would be filthy bad words and gestures. I learned a lot from my elders :-) 
They'd be so proud...tee hee
Gary Clark Jr was on as well. God, I love this man's talent.

Also on Tuesday night, I saw this photo of what this pitcher that I love was doing during quarantine. (Aroldis Chapman)

Do you really need arms like this to pitch these days? Holy crap! I don't think his old jersey is going to fit! Fat ole Babe Ruth would never make it today.

Anyone on Instagram? If so, tanksgoodnews is only good news. It's a breath of fresh air for me. I am trying to surround myself with the positive and it is so damn difficult. but I'm plugging away. Mango Mussolini doesn't make it easy for us does he?

Rick was at a home on Tuesday afternoon that I was a bit concerned about.
The man called and he was so certain we couldn't do what he was asking. I wanted to say, then why the hell did you call us?  
But of course, I refrained.
He sounded older. He sounded frustrated. I asked for the whole story.
Apparently, he was doing a science project with his granddaughter.
He was using a bottle of peroxide. It left a ring on his granite and when he slide the bottle, it left a trail. He can not get it out. He shared with me all things he used. Then he said something that made me chuckle.
"When the lights are out it looks fine"   Yep, I'm sure it looks even better with your eyes closed.

He has called every granite company etc. He has called handymen and then a contractor. They all told him it couldn't be done! The contractor told them we could do this so that is why he was calling me. 
He was not convinced. He was being a bit ornery but I understood this very expensive piece of granite was bothering him with a big white ring and a trail.

I explained that I believe Rick could sand/polish this out if granite. 
He said, "we'll see" 
Rick got there and saw this gorgeous 12 ft slab of what the thought was marble on their kitchen island.
The man said it was granite ($15,000 worth of granite he shared just for the island piece that looked like marble) 
Rick explained what he was going to do and why. 

When he got to a certain point Rick realized that he just could not go further down into the granite or it would leave a divet. Some of this may still be showing. He sealed and polished when he was done. He called the man in the kitchen and he looked at it from every angle. He then said I know we are to social distance but I really want to hug you. 
Of course, that made Rick laugh. 

Rick pointed out an area he felt could be better but explained why he couldn't go further. 
The man told him if you hadn't pointed it out I'd have never seen it. 
Then he called in his wife. That is always the person we must make happy. She was thrilled as well. Whew.

They paid him and then told him that everyone said it couldn't be done, you're awesome and then tried to tip him. Rick doesn't like getting tips he feels he shouldn't accept them being the owner. He always told the guys to be sure when you take it to thank them but he doesn't like to do it.
But yesterday the guy shoved it in his hand and Rick took it. He bought gas for his truck. Win-win, the man was happy with his $15,000 granite being restored to new and Rick got a free tank of gas. That was very nice of him. 

Then later in the day, I get a call from this man. I knew Rick had been there but I didn't know what transpired as yet. So when I saw his name on caller ID I got a bit worried. He called to tell me that this was the best company experience in his life and he added, and I'm old. I laughed. 
He then said from beginning to end it was a pleasure, you walked me through it all and gave me comfort. The man who came was so nice and he explained everything to us along the way. It looks magnificent, I am going to tell everyone I know all the things you do. Then he wished me great health and a good day. 

Now c'mon how nice was that? I get so many shit heads that this one made my week. And it was only Tuesday.
Since I bitch and vent here for my own mental health about the mean people on a daily basis, I thought I'd share a nice person story for a change.

Happy Hump Day!
(and this better not post in some transcript shit like the last post.)_

12 comments:

Olga said...

Thanks for sharing that story. It really does help when all the news seems to be about people behaving badly.

Cruisin Paul said...

Oh my! Ringo is 80 and I'm 70. He still looks great not like me. That man with the arms is a pitcher? He looks like a football player. WOW!
I got a kick out of the picture with the lady about the bra. I'm not going to say anything because my wife might kick me. LOL See ya Peg and keep safe.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, sadly it didn't last long. But that's okay I am going to revel in it while I can.

Paul, yes you're a smart man not to say anything, we don't want you being kicked! :-)

Julie H said...

awww that's great!! The old cranky men are my favorite. Mostly they are just sad that they are confused and want you to make it better lol

Abby said...

Well, I do know granite is tricky, from a past life working in quality control. We'd send our surface plate out for professional smoothing, but they'd polish the whole thing, not buff out one area. I understand grateful-old-dude's skepticism! Isn't it nice to be appreciated?

Arkansas Patti said...

What a marvelous experience for all of you. You need to put that guy on your Christmas card list. What a peach and you were due.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, Rick recommended the whole thing be done but the guy insisted just this area and he was thrilled so that is all that matters. And yes it is a nice change of pace. Sadly it's rare.

Patti - That is what Rick said, we should send him something for being the 1st customer in forever that was nice. Rick is like me, he will work his butt off to make a cranky person smile. We both got one this time. Yipee for us. But trust me it didn't last long. We got stiffed yesterday. But I won't bore you with that. ($700)

Brian said...

So nice of that guy to take the time to tell you how happy he was with ll you did! We need more people like that!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, and you know I agree. :-)

Mike said...

Are we going to hear the $700 story tomorrow?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, how much bitching can y'all take?

Ami said...

I don't know how to make ANYTHING revert to normal.
Wish I did.

Also, I'd like to hear the 700 story... you could start a club! The 700 club!! (bad jokes are all I have)