Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Bubonic Plaque is back...

We are having oppressive heat here. 
The high 90s and by Friday in the 100s as well as the foreseeable future.
If only it were dry heat as they say. Although at this temp dry heat isn't an better or I'd enjoy sitting in an oven.
Nope, miserable. I am finding it hard to breathe when I am outside. The dog and I do what we need to out there and run home. 

And poor Rick working in a home and they don't have the A/C on.
Who does that? Everyone here has A/C unless homeless. 
I do understand how some don't wish to run it for cost reasons. 
Although you can make payments on your electric bill so I seriously can't fathom not turning on my air when it is in the 90s and thick. 
But I certainly understand the money issue part of this. 
Rick worked on the 2nd floor of a home yesterday and there was no air. No window units, they did not turn on their central air. 
They too were melting so we assumed it was money related because there is no good reason to not have your air on when it is hell weather. 
We know the older woman across the street never puts it on due to money.  And she has money, she's a bit tight though. 
So it's either just thrifty or cheap however you look at it.
I went over there last year and thought I was going to die. 
She opened the door for me and as I walked in it hit me smack in the face - a wall of high heat. It made me lose my breath for a moment.  Her dog was laying on her tile to cool off and the poor thing looked miserable. She looked horrific. 
I told her to come over later that day and she did and cooled off on our dime. 
I am spoiled. I grew up with A/C because my father did plumbing, heating, and airconditioning for a living. So I have never been without it. When I was in my 20s and couldn't pay the full amount in July and August I would pay what I could until I got caught up. That was normally by late fall. But at least I could get sleep and be a functioning human for work. I can't sleep if I'm warm let alone hot. I sleep hot I swear. I have never ever liked it warm in my room or a heating blanket or pajamas to make me hotter. I like it meat locker cold and to be naked under a big down comforter. Then I can sleep.  I think that falls under TMI.😷

We have had the weirdest weather but it goes with the year doesn't it?
2020 just has to move along. We get this type of heat in late August. Not at the end of June and all of July. Global warming means perhaps I can talk Rick into moving to Upstate NY. Less snow and cooler up there. If they have a lesser winter I may just convince him we can do this. So much cheaper to live there and so pretty too. 

Did you see where the Bubonic Plague has hit China?  
J.C. I hope they keep that one there. What is going on? 
I had a Nostradamus class years ago (in the early 80s) and I recall this being something that was transcribed....pandemics in the 21st century.
I can't handle another one. What the hell is going on in China? Rhetorical, because I don't think any of us wish to know. 
You know how we as American's are not allowed into Canada or Europe because we don't have Covid controlled and from the looks of things never will. Well, I think we shouldn't allow any more people to go to China. And if they insist, they must be in a 4-week quarantine upon return. No exceptions.  How else can you stop this from coming in? 
I can't visit friends in Toronto or Ireland because I am American and they believe we have an idiot in the white house who has no Plan to help stop the spreading of Covid-19. They are correct and can you blame them? They see the TV with the entitled teens who party or the rednecks who say they shouldn't have to wear one cuz it's their right. 
This specimen just on TV this morning was a sight to see. 
This was a man who believed he didn't need to bathe, wear a shirt in public or wear a mask. I would bet he also doesn't work or he'd have a dental plan. 
Why you ask?
Because he had A tooth, a filthy dirty cap, and a filthy face. He obviously can't find soap and water or clothes. He was not wearing a shirt of any kind and he thought when they asked if he wanted to be on TV, he looked down at himself and thought, Damn I look good sure why not talk about how this is all a joke and impedes my rights to wear a mask. (okay impedes was not his word, too big for this poor man) Hey buddy you are killing me with your shirtless self. Didn't your mama ever tell you it was rude to be without a shirt unless in a swimming pool? Even your mama is embarrassed dude!

You can't match wits with those unarmed!

14 comments:

Olga said...

I swear I have my own bubble of climate around me. I was reading yesterday, perfectly comfortable, no air or fan on. Don came in the room and said it twenty degrees hotter in here than it is downstairs. I had a flash of feeling that, yes, it was quite warm and then I just went back to being perfectly comfortable.
OMG, I had not seen that about the plague. What else????

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, this is awesome for you. Never being too hot or too cold. I want what you have!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Internal body temperature makes a huge difference in people. I suffer from being too cold most of the time. It has to get in the 90s before I feel just right. I don't run my A/C unless I have my cleaning girl here or company before the pandemic. Then I have to wear a sweater when its in the high 70s in the house.

I saw the Bubonic Plague was back. My understanding is that a case of two surfaces every so often and WHO quickly gets it contained like they do with Ebola but we're hearing about it this time because the world is forced on pandemics. WHO is a fascinating and brave organization of scientists and Trump's defunding them---especially now---should be a criminal offense.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, you know why? Because everything trump does is a criminal offense

Linda said...

~watch as Linda closes the curtain, pulls away from the window, heads for the windowless bathroom and curls into a ball.~

Enough of this already PLEASE.

Cruisin Paul said...

Not all Americans are crazy. I know of a few that are friends and relatives of mine that are very intelligent and serious and I'm very proud of them and I;m worried about them, like you you & Rick. Hopefully this virus will go away and we and I mine we will get a chance to get together again. Maybe China is destroying the world? Keep safe Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Arkansas Patti said...

I grew up in Florida without A/C till my teens but since then, I have not been without it. I feel for Rick.
Hope Jean is right about the Bubonic plague. I have heard of it cropping up in random areas but then is not heard from again. We just don't have time for that stuff now.

Julie H said...

My mother in law doesn't turn on the air because she's not hot (but then complains she's sweating lol). Also she is worried it's going to "catch on fire". I don't know why she doesn't just replace it, waiting for someone else to do it I guess.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, yes we all aren't, only the ones who voted for this miserable bastard. Have a wonderful week!!

Patti, oooh Florida with no heat. That is like walking uphill both ways to school. :-)


Julie, you sure have your hands full with your MIL!!

Silver in AZ said...

If God didn't want us to use the a/c, he wouldn't have allowed us to invent it. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Here in AZ where the heat IS dry, our upcoming weekend temp highs are supposed to hover around 115. ack!

Brian said...

Gotta have the A/C on if it's 80 or above. Otherwise I get this tiny layer of perspiration that just won't go away. Try to sleep with that wee bit of moisture in my hair? Practically drown on my pillow. No thanks.

Now - all these people bitching & moaning about wearing masks - go ahead, don't wear one. You're helping decrease the Mango Mussolini's voting base one idjit at a time.

Mike said...

Apparently, the plague is more common than I thought. This is from Wikipedia... "Globally between 2010 and 2015, there were 3248 documented cases, which resulted in 584 deaths."

I remember our first window AC when I was a kid. But we would run a window fan at night.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, that is a lot of cases but I hope it stays away from here. When we stayed at our Grandma's house she would run a window fan at night when we stayed over. She would say something, I am certain it wasn't nice, each time she put it in the window. It was always in Italian :-)

Mr. Shife said...

A wonderful post. I enjoyed it thoroughly but I am sorry to hear about the heat. We have warmed up too but not to your extent. Plus, we don't have to worry about the humidity out here. We had to retire our A/C this year because the coolant was no longer legal and the A/C people couldn't fill it anymore. We got a fancy new one and it's great but I would have rather spent the money on a hot tub. Even though I wouldn't use it right now but maybe it could just be a cool tub right now.