Today we will delve into the shipping from my Etsy debacle
After I wrote the post yesterday I received what I ordered.
It is awful. Fabric is all faded and 1 of the pillows is nothing like I ordered.
But I am not going back. It is what it is.
But what really confuses me is the tracking.
It shows that it began or originated in Hendersonville NC.
The woman says she lives and makes these in Omaha NE.
Hmm...
Originated in Hendersonville NC and from there they went to the DHL distribution center in Raleigh NC
From Raleigh, it went to the distribution center in Maryland.
This is where they sat for one week.
From there it went to another city to be transferred via USPS again in Maryland.
From Maryland post office it arrived in Virginia last evening.
Now if you drove that route folks would tell you that you are passing VA on your way to Maryland and that makes little sense. But none of this does make sense so why start now.
So she told me more than once that these come from her home in Nebraska where she makes them but not once did these touch ground in Nebraska.
I also can read the tag and something tells me she doesn't know the language on this tag. There are 2 tags. One in English and one in a language I am unfamiliar with. Not Spanish!
It stated on the order the following that I am copying here for you to read:
Overview
Materials
created and made when you order, double-sided print, mildew proof and waterproof, fully stuffed and sewn shut, outdoor pillow, Order by Dec 7 for Christmas Delivery
More
Handmade item
Made to order
So if they were hand made after I ordered how did they fly out of Nebraska to North Carolina with no tracking of such flight what so ever.
Something smells fishy. Because they didn't start in Nebraska. They started in a country overseas, probably China. Then DHL Int'l sent them to Hendersonville NC. The originating point in the US. From there, they went to Raleigh, Maryland and then VA. Whew. The quality is Walmart at best. Horrible.
Product not great, service was far worse.
While I do not like the pillows sent to me I am keeping them because she doesn't allow returns and who knows if I'd ever get the correct ones.
I will now only shop at well known online stores.
This woman was not transparent. She was prompt in answering questions but I shouldn't have had to ask most of them. For example, I had to ask for a tracking link. Others just send me the link.
Lesson learned!!
To answer a few questions others have asked me.
I did not go to PayPal for a refund because I could see they were being held hostage in Maryland. I was going to give this another full week to get here, even though it is less than a 2 hr drive away. If I had not received them by the end of this week I surely would have just gone through PayPal. I don't use my credit or debit card with people I don't know and this gal was certainly not someone to trust.
I am not returning them because they look like crap because I'd have to pay to send them back and she doesn't take refunds. Doubtful after my review she'd do an exchange. So no point in it really. I am stuck with patterns I did not order. Honestly, I don't wish to go through this all over again and have to reorder and wait a month and all that crap. I think they would still be as bad even if I got the correct pillow pattern.
No more talk of this. I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent!
Now to Rick's finished product.
Here is the deck he painstakingly worked on in 96+ degree heat.
He did a great job and even with some wonky issues that arose, it is complete with the exception of the job to cover/hide the air conditioner.
He has a plan he tells me.
I will await his plan. This ought to be good.
We have been enjoying it a great deal. We've had a few days reprieve from high humidity. I mean it's high but not 90% high right now. So people can go outside, breathe and enjoy your life.
Don't have as many flowers this year but it's all done, ugly pillows and all.
Rick took a few photos and a video which I can't seem to get from his phone to our computer. Here is a quick view of his work. Don't the floors look good?
Izzy's favorite spot in the morning with the shade. Note how she is on the rug.
Yes, the floor does get hot for her and she will walk from rug to rug and it's kind of funny. Because in the morning I am on it in bare feet and I know it's not hot. But she takes no chances.
My favorite seat with my not so favorite pillow. Yes, the colors work but the design of this fabric is not my cup of tea. The other side and the tope are faded like they were used in the sun already.
Sea of petunias. Yes, its late in the season so getting something good was difficult to find. But next year it will be better. Basil, geraniums and begonias are doing well.
Rick's peppers. The light ones you are seeing are Cubanelles. Tons of jalapenos and hot banana pepper on the left.
In the past, Rick made planter boxes.
Since they were 19 +yrs old they were done at the same time as the old deck they weren't in great shape.
This time we bought them. Got a great deal on hayneedle.com.
They came out of the box that horrible orange that you see the Begonias in by my chair. I stained the other two with a stain we had in the garage....AKA Rick's hardware store. The 3rd one I left orange. Don't love it but was tired that day and thought I'd do it another day. After it sat a couple of days I realized I didn't mind it as much as I thought and I'd live with it. While the planter boxes look fine they won't last as long as Rick's previous ones did. Rick used better wood and pressure treated and they were lined but I don't wish to live here that long.
So by the time they need to be changed, I won't be living here.
That sort of made up my mind for me. Along with the budget.
These were far cheaper than anything Rick could make.
Now having said that you need to know that Rick could make cheap ones but he won't. He's a pain in the ass that way.
You can hear his big bellow now, "If I'm going to make them Margaret I am not going to do a half ass job!"
If only the laundry getting into the basket was as important to him in "doing a good job" is. I think there is only so much he can do. 😇






20 comments:
Well done Rick. The deck looks wonderful. As far as the picture of the pair of pants, I have to make sure that I place aaall my clothes in the basket because if not they will not be washed. That's from Mary Lou. See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, Mary Lou is a smart woman. Rick does this all the time but this photo is from a meme so I assume most men do this.
I will let Rick know you thought his hard work paid off on the deck. Thanks!
You need a bigger basket.
Deck looks really nice!
Keep the pillow, you would probably not get what you want anyway and may get nothing. I hope you are able to write a scathing review about this person that others will see.
Joeh, Thank you I will let Rick know. :-)
I am doing exactly what you say here and yes, I did give a real honest review where she and everyone can see it!
The deck looks lovely and inviting.
The deck is so inviting. Well done.
Keep the pillows as a reminder about where to shop and where to not shop. I don't quite understand why someone who makes and ships her own items needs an international shipping company to get something from the midwest to the east coast.
Make sure you leave that seller negative feed back and post a picture of what you actually got. That way people will know not to buy from her.
Your deck looks great, inviting. Your temp is torturous! Poor Izzy. Poor you.
Rick is a keeper.
Olga, thank you.I'm with you in the not understanding part as well.
Julie - Oh, I have done just that!
Susan - thank you. Yes, these summer temps are brutal. Today is the last nice day of only 90 with lower humidity. I like summer as I had growing up on Lake Erie. Oh well. I am thankful I can afford to keep the AC going. :-)
OMG that whole area is gorgeous, from the deck itself to the furnishings. Awesome!
Your deck looks great! Even the pillows. What a great place to hang out.
I'd donate the pillows before I'd send them back. It would just be weeks more of aggravation. Last spring I fell 'victim' to an overseas vendor that presented itself as being an American based place. My first hint was the tracking written in Chinese. Took forever and a day to get here. the blouse was pretty but the sizing was so far off it wasn't funny. I sent it to Goodwill and was happy I used PayPal. Never again.
Bluzdude, gee, thanks. c'mon over for your favorite drink and sit a spell. It's just a townhouse and my bargain shopping over the years. That table is 4- $1.00 wine crates. I put them together and painted and Rick added wheels. I could be boring the hell out of you with my Thrifty DIY projects on video here. Be thankful. ...tee hee
Jean, thank you. I had to laugh at your comment 'I'd rather donate the pillows' I get that more than you know. Now I'm thinking it was no 'Becki' who was responding but some joe in china
So glad your misery is kind of over. At least you are no longer waiting. Understand the weird tracking. I once had something coming UPS and it toured the east coast of the US, back and forth, for about a week before it found Arkansas. Reminded me of my robot vacuum cleaner trying to find its charging station.
Love your deck. Looks like a great place to wind down at the end of the day.
Deck looks simply AMAZING! Well done to Rick.
Too bad about your ETSY order. I've had some great buys and some so-so but nothing like yours. Sucks.
It must be a kind of man thing. We have a small house so the hamper is in the garage. The man lets it pile for a few days in the bathroom floor before taking it out. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Patti, it is exactly where I go after work. We even had our coffee out there this morning 6a.It was a beautiful morning here today.
Linda, thank you I will be telling Rick everyone likes his work. It is a man thing. It's the same disease that makes them not be able to see his items, actually blind to them it seems, on the steps to take up with him. I've been waiting for 32 yrs. I would bet it his "step blindness" will never repair itself!
Very very nice, Rick did a bang up job! I think most of us have a few online nightmares, and I am no exception. I no longer order from companies that originate from China (explanation post coming soon).
Now that I think about it, if I have had a complaint with an online order, it usually deals with one of the big services (Fed Ex, Brown, DHL) doing the handoff to USPS. There seems to be a requirement like you described of the package going to "centers" that are not logical. I think we should have to be advised if there is not a straight shipping program. The deck looks great. All the hard work has really paid off. Enjoy.
Post a Comment