Friday, July 26, 2019

Little Things

It's the little things, really, it is.

On the way to another medical appointment and feeling like crap.
I begin fighting with things in my purse.
I went into a compartment that I don't use often & that is where I found it.
A midge tootsie roll.💓

Yes, that's right you did hear angels sing!! 
I heard 'em too! 
I swear the light ray came through the window right on it like it was a miracle.
I unwrapped that 'who knows how old' tootsie roll and immediately shoved it in my mouth. 
It made everything better for a good while.

I love when that happens.

18 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, and finding a $20 in jeans pocket you haven't wore for awhile but chocolate if better.

Mike said...

I have some of those in my center console in the car ready for an emergency.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, wanna give me a ride?


Linda - I said that to Rick this morning. It would have been better if I found a $20 AND a tootsie roll. I have put away a blazer from winter and then bring it out the next winter and there is money in it. You'd think it was Xmas the way I get excited, FREE MONEY. :-)

Linda d said...

Wow! I can’t type. That’s what I get for trying without my glasses.

Brian said...

Honestly, can you tell the difference between a fresh tootsie roll and a 3 year old one?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, but scary that I understood completely.😊


Brian, yes it isn't as soft and chewy, ya gotta work it. But doesnt matter one bit.😁

Arkansas Patti said...

I carry them as high calorie survival snacks in a cooler along with bottled water just in case I get stranded some where. I think they have the shelf life of fruit cakes.

Barbara said...

How funny. I haven't had a tootsie roll since I robbed the last Halloween candy bucket. Hahaha. They were just the right size for a save me from Hell bite.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I give you a lot of credit. If I knew they were there I'd convince myself it was the apocalypse and I would devour them for strength to survive! can not have choc in my house.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, who knows when this was from. I haven't used this purse in awhile. trust me if I knew it was there I'd have eaten it. chocolate is my favorite food group!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

The power of candy does it every time.

Susan Kane said...

Candy, esp. chocolate, heals hurts and boo-boos.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Your story reminds me of when my kids were little, and would decimate any candy in the house in a few days. I started keeping candy hidden in my car ~ although you had to change the types depending on the weather. I once had a bag of some type of gummy candy that morphed (melted) into one big blob of gummy. It was delicious. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That would have made my husband very happy. He loves gummy candy. I am not a fan unless dipped in chocolate :-)

Mike said...

I was looking for the 'like' button next to your comment to Brian.

Abby said...

Yay for the little things! Tootsie Roll angel had your back.

RO said...

Isn't it fun to find little unexpected treats in your purse or pocket when you least expect them? Cash, candy or old concert tickets sounds perfect to me. Continue to hang in there! Hugs, RO

Cruisin Paul said...

I love tootsie rolls but they always get stuck between my teeth. Peg, any candy is heaven. Take care my friend.

Cruisin Paul