For my Throw Back Friday I am going to throw back to March 22, 2010
This little ditty actually happened in the summer of 1987.
I had just met Rick and 2 weeks later moved to Ohio.
We talked every night on the phone.
He told me about his dates, I told him about mine.
We would laugh a lot and make plans to see one another when I went back home to visit my family. I told Rick about this evening, he, of course, made fun of me. I even took Rick to this place once when he was visiting me and he said,
"how could you not know it was a gay bar?"
Yea, Joanie and I were the only women in there, but it was a slow weeknight.
We were single and saw a bar with a few men. Now I find that funny!
I was young and stupid. I guess the men singing around the baby grand in a bar may have been a hint. Oh, how this makes me laugh!
Here is my story.
12 comments:
Always love a good bar story. Yours sure has unique ending.
Now I’m wondering how you met a nearly perfect man but decided to date other people. How long before you grabbed him up?
Linda - 2.5/3years.
I guess you never read this one? https://straightupnochaser.blogspot.com/2017/11/its-long-sorry.html
We are the movie When Harry Met Sally. Exactly like that.
:-)
You're Peggy Ziggy! Has a nice ring.
Now that you mention it, I think a couple of women could have a fun night out in a gay bar, being something other than fresh meat!
Abby, I think you're right. No pressure just fun.
I worked in the travel industry (travel industry software) and almost all of the men were NOT straight. So I did go to a few more of those types of places with co-workers. Always had a ball - so free to just be. No stress of someone putting something in your drink, harming you, harrassing you etc.
Great story!! THAT Tom Wilson in a gay bar. Who knew?
Before I read the old post I read the comments. The name Tom Wilson was mentioned. Didn't ring a bell for me, so off to Wikipedia. There are 64 Tom Wilsons in Wikipedia. Time to go to your older post. OH, Ziggy! Nope, would have never guessed that one. BTW, he died in 2011. He was 80 years old. So he didn't beat the system of life, but he did tie it. (If you make it past 80 you WIN!)
THAT Ziggy?! Wow! Even as a straight guy I should hang out more in gay bars. All the cool people are there. Long ago (mid 70s) I had a roommate who was at a gay bar and got to dance with Phoebe Snow!
That is a gem of a cartoon and I hope you keep it in an appropriate place.
Brian, yep, who knew he was gay? After I lived there more than a month I learned that this town is known for its gay population and hangouts. Nice pretty suburb
Mike, he wrote for American Greetings and the paper is An American Greeting card stock with the words American Greetings. This town at the time was the hdqtrs for American Greeting Cards.
Jono, I know, imagine my surprise when he handed it to me! I keep it in a beautiful frame and it now sits in a prominent place.
Wow, what a treasure he gave you. You really made an impression. Glad you are displaying it in a conspicuous place. Maybe a spotlight on it??
Post a Comment