He went to Urgent Care as the update on yesterdays post showed.
But they did nothing.
The poor guy waited for 2.5 hrs.
Doogie Howser came in and squeezed it and that made the big man squeal.
He said, "that hurts huh?"
Nice Doogie.
Rick said he wanted to punch his lights out.
Okay, so that shows you his pain.
Rick is the nice one of the two of us. Rick wouldn't hurt a fly.
But when his anger does show up - look out.
And he was getting angry.
The kid did not give him an x-ray - no one to read it they said.
Oh, it's probably tendonitis and gave him ibuprofen Rx.
Big F'ing Deal.
He sees a podiatrist today at 4:15pm
He is in such pain. I pray he finishes this job in time to get there.
Doogie at "urgent care" asked if he fell or what he did.
Rick repeated for the 2nd time he did nothing. Went to bed fine, woke up with this injury. The kid said, 'huh'
He said it doesn't appear to be a break or a ruptured Achilles.
Rick said how the hell would you know if you don't take an Xray.
Rick was ignored so he got off the table to just leave before he hurt anyone.
Rick said it took all the willpower he could muster not to tell this kid to get the hell away from him or he was going to punch his lights out.
He hobbled home.
No doctor, no x-ray and only a script for drugs of which we already have.
Nice urgent care right? Nothing urgent about it or for that matter, no care either.
Here's to the doctor today finding out what is wrong.
I pray he finishes his job in time to make this appointment or we are going to the ER.
If he doesn't get relief, none of us are going to ever get sleep.
When I can't sleep or I am in pain like this I awake and go either upstairs to the 3rd-floor tv room and bedrooms or I go downstairs and watch TV.
I do not moan and groan and whimper to make everyone suffer with me. Rick hasn't mastered that technique yet. I would rather be ill than have Rick ill. He's a wonderful man until he is in pain.
There is no living with him when he is in pain.
He'd have one menstrual cycle and would end up in jail from cramps and pain. He would kill those in his sight and then have to go to jail.
WE will get through this. I know Rick will but I am not certain about me.
I told him when he got snarky with me this morning that I knew he was in pain but taking it out on me was not cool.
He said he was sorry and I said, "good because I don't want to have to kill you because I'd also have to clean up the mess"
That at least made him laugh.
Needless to say, last nights birthday sucked.
Going to Virginia Beach Friday to just do a tub for a friend and then to play for my birthday so here's to hoping he's better enough to go.
19 comments:
This doctor looks like a jerk. I hope Rick gets better. Happy Birthday.
See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Catching up on your goings on. Geez, that "urgent care" sucks! No x-ray? I hope Rick and YOU get some decent answers today from a real doctor.
And I'm with you. If I'm sick or in pain, I hobble quietly to the couch to ride it out solo. But a sick man around the house? omg...
Fingers crossed and Happy Birthday! I hope your weekend makes up for it all!
Is it red also? My husband has bouts of gout and the last time it was in his ankle. Very painful. And did just like your husband, went to bed ok, woke up red, swollen and painful. Just a suggestion.
Margie from Arkansas
Thanks Paul!
Abby -thanks!
Peg - is your birth name really Margaret or did you get lucky and just have Peggy?
I too hope this podiatrist works today. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really feel like this is his Achilles but I am everything but a doctor. :-) I tried to link to your name. Do you have a blog?
Anonymous, Rick has Tophi Gout and he said the pain is nothing like it and it's his heel (back not bottom) But it may be something new in the gout that he has never experienced. Hopefully we'll know soon enough
Strange that I also had an Achilles tendon issue last week, but it wasn't severe. After wearing more supportive footwear ALL the time and some CBD oil worked into it for five days or so, it seems to have cleared up. I have no idea why it occurred all of a sudden, but suspect some of it was due to loose fitting winter boots.
I am like you with pain. I would just as soon be off by myself. No one wants to hear constant moaning and groaning no matter how much sympathy is given.
Come to think about it, I've gotten up with pains in my feet...just from sleeping! but I have joints that get stuck in odd places that usually explains it.
Those young doctors can drive you nuts. They don't look like they know anything and they don't always seem to credit older people for knowing 'normal' pain from 'something is wrong' pain. The podiatrist will figure it out. He should consider taking the report from the podiatrist back the Doogie Howser. I did that once. Gave me great satisfaction to hand it to the receptionist and loudly explain what it was.
I've been to urgent care a couple of times. I think it's a waste of time.
I had heel pain in the past. My chiropractor suggested orthotic inserts for my shoes. All fixed. Not one problem since. Yes, I still wear them.
Sounds about how things go around here.
Fingers crossed he gets answers and relief soon! UGH! Well, and you too for that matter! It is so hard to be nice when you are hurting! Have a better day thank yesterday! Hugs
Jono, I never thought to use the CBD oil actually on the back of his heel. I may try this. This wasn't even a doctor a physician assistant or a nurse practitioner - no doctors on site!
Jean - oh I know I will do that. Rick not so much. I'll let you know.
Mike - this isn't an orthotic kind of pain. This is the back not the bottom of the heel. This is a more Achilles type area in the back up the leg.
Ann - is it really hard to be nice when you are hurting? I don't feel that way but I have learned that is how he is whether I like it or not. :-)
Urgent care did not work out well at all but I hope that something can be done. My immediate thought was gout just because it came on during the night, but i also have another theory. As a kid I had this dread fear of wild animals biting my foot should one slip out from under the covers. I had no basis for this fear and I never even went camping in the woods until i was an adult, But, hey, it could happen. Does he keep his feet covered while sleeping? Are there any teeth marks?
Giggling at Rick having a period. Hope the podiatrist can put Rick right. Could be as simple as orthotics. I had that plantar fasciitis. Think mine came on suddenly also. The inserts changed my life. But I also had the heel shots and Mama did they hurt. I kept it to a groan but a big burly guy in the next room let out a noise I'd never heard before when he got his. I tried to warn him.
Hope Rick is fine now.
I hope Rick gets some relief tonight.
Peg, I'm not Margaret, just Peggy. When I was a kid a friend's mom asked me if I was Margaret. She told me that it was a Catholic thing. Not being Catholic, it made sense to me. I've never pursued the reason for it. Peggy sounds nothing like Margaret, so it never made sense to me for it to be the nickname. I do not have a blog; I just enjoy reading some of them and follow several. I seldom comment, mainly because I do not have my own blog. I started reading my first blog on a friend's recommendation and enjoyed it enough to seek out others. I probably found you through a comment you made on another blog. Your writing is entertaining and the title of your blog intrigued me. One of my favorite singing groups is Straight No Chaser. If you've never heard their Christmas album, you need to check it out, especially their version of The 12 Days of Christmas. Anyhow, I found your blog and really enjoy it. Again, I hope Rick got relief for his pain. It's no fun to hurt, made worse when you don't get the help you need from those who are supposed to be there to help you. Peggy, Peg, too.
I thought of gout too when I first read about it yesterday. CBC oil will probably help no matter what it turns out to be. Hope he's better by the weekend. Happy birthday🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉
I have seen a doctor like that. I promise that I am going to refuse to pay if I get that attitude/treatment again.
Olga, no teeth marks. :-)
Patti - I too had a shot in my heel. OMG that was painful and they kept moving the needle around once in. I was not too happy until the pain went away. Then it was worth it right?
Pippa I never thought to use the CBD oil for this.
I wonder if topically it is helpful or only when ingested? Thank you for the birthday wishes
Barbara, and this guy wasn't a doctor. A nurse practioner or a physicians assistant who barely spoke english. They make you pay up front your copay - probably for this exact reason!
Peg, yes I am formally Margaret. Rick calls me that as well.
I had to be baptized with a Saint's name in the Catholic church. In 1958 or so they changed that church law.
So your friend was correct about it being a Catholic thing.
No nickname really makes sense. How do you get Betsy from Elizabeth or Bob from Robert or Dick from Richard?
It is just the nickname for Margaret as awful as it is.
All of us named Peg or Peggy are all women of a certain age. :-)
Yes, I am very aware of Straight no chaser, the music group.
Post a Comment