Friday, March 15, 2019

Quickie

I am mentally out of here this week. I'm sorry. Out of sorts.
I don't know what is going on.
Mercury in retrograde for the next 2 weeks always wreaks havoc on communications, be it writing, computer, phones etc. I will blame that.
Normally things go wrong and I find out it is here. This one feels like a doozy.
My friend who works in the ER tells me they know this as well as when it's a full moon by what comes in and what is going on. I know I see it at work but I imagine being in an ER is even bigger and worse. 



Guess which one I am?




 wow, there is a theme here today about me isn't there?
I drink a lot of coffee. I never even drank coffee until 1995. I moved to Seattle and wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I hated Starbucks because it seemed so bitter to me. Then I discovered Tully's. Far better. It was like drinking swill then drinking the nectar of the Gods.  Then I was hooked. Damn them!
 It is that time of year again. Cadbury Eggs. Oh, how I LOVE these babies.
I can eat about 2-3 a sitting. This is also why I don't buy them because I do not need to eat 2 or 3 of anything!!
This is crack to me. I know most ask, isn't that too sweet? 
No. I can't put those two words together. 
No such thing as too sweet or too rich for me.
First time I ever encountered these was when Cadbury was a UK company and the chocolate was so far superior to now. Our flight was diverted to Syracuse from NJ. We went to a wedding in NJ and this was our trip home.
Due to weather, we couldn't get into Buffalo. Imagine that right? We had several hours to mill around this tiny airport. No real food to eat so I went into the convenience type store and bought one of these Cadbury eggs out of curiosity.
I had never had them before. But once I ate one I turned and went back and bought more to take home. Almost all made it home. 😉
We were at this airport for 4.5 hrs with no food except junk. All we wanted to do was get back to Buffalo to our friends home and have a real meal. Then we had to drive 1.5 hrs home. But I had these to keep me from starving....tee hee

12 comments:

Mike said...

You're 5'1"? Is that before or after the later in life shrinkage has started? I was at the doctor a few years ago and they decided to measure me. I've always been 6'1". The nurse says "72 inches". I do some quick calculation in my head and realize something is wrong. I said no, 73 inches. Let's check again she says. Nope, 72. So I've started the old age shrink.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, I've been 5'2" forever. old age and 4 back surgeries and now I'm 5 1".
sucks. I want to be 5'10". same weight 😂

RO said...

LOL! Yay to Cadbury eggs!!!! Hugs...RO

Arkansas Patti said...

Love those Cadbury eggs. They are hard to eat though. I always spill a bit of cream. Me too on 5'1" but it does let you meet the nicest tall people in the grocery store.

Olga said...

I have never had a Cadbury Egg because I am irreparably scarred by my mother forcing me to eat soft boiled eggs as a child. Somehow age has turned me into a "breathes around chocolate" kind of person so it's just a well I have that aversion.

Julie H said...

Have you noticed that they make them smaller than they used to?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, yes I have!

Abby said...

I've been feeling a bit out of it, too, but thought it was the bum-tooth-blizzard combo. Mercury's after me too?!
Are you 5'1"? I'm 5'5", but very short waisted, so I'm short when I sit down. I need a booster seat to drive :P.
Funny memes, hang in there!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I am long waisted with short limbs. yes, only 5'1 now. Rick compares me to some damn dinosaur with my arms.
The ass. Like Patti said above, I meet a lot of nice tall people at the grocery store. Depending on the car I have needed pillows to drive too. This car moves the seat up in height as well as forward. I am certain from behind it looks silly how high my seat must look.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I'm of the "breathes around chocolate" type, haha. I haven't had my height measured for a few years, but I'm around 5'3" or 5'2". I lie on my drivers license and say I'm 5'4". Of course, it also says I weight 118 too, and that hasn't been true for a long time. :-)

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Cadbury chickens must be very pretty to lay such colorful and sweet eggs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, they must be!🤔