Friday, March 15, 2019

Items rolling around in my little ole head.

**I love daylight saving time.
Izzy stays on this time all year so now our life is back to normal.
I am not stared at for an hour or more because she thinks she should be eating.
I also did not have to get up at 5am to walk her.
Why oh why can't we stay on DST?

**I think it may even be spring. 
Not our normal spring but spring none the less.
It's still about 10 degrees colder than normal "they" say. 
The tulips are rearing their heads later than normal but I can see 2inches of their leaves/stalks. I am hopeful. 
On my walks with Izzy, the trees have small buds that I have noticed so another good sign. Been a long winter so I am ready.
It is supposed to be very warm tomorrow so hopefully, the heat will make all have a growth spurt.

**The poor folks in that Bomb Cyclone I feel for. 
My goodness, that looked awful. A tornado and a snowstorm. 
I hope there are no casualties. I have not seen anything on the news regarding casualties.

**My mom helped me once in grade school in a science project.
That is all the help I ever got from my family for school.
My parents had no other means to help me get into a school.
We were not a wealthy family. 
This admissions scam is crazy and irritating as hell to me.
But I know sure as I am typing this right now that even if my father were wealthy there is no way in hell he'd do this for us. He may have even paid for college, who knows, but pride someone to get us into a college. 
Hell no.  To him, it would not teach us a thing. I can hear his lecture even today in my head.

And what makes your dumb kid getting into this school so damn important?
It won't make them more successful. 
I know a lot of successful people who either went to a small college/university or dropped out (think Microsoft)
They have to want it and we have heard and seen how these kids don't even give a hoot to go to school or to apply themselves in school. 
The daughter of Lori Laughlin's made me ill with her snarky entitled comments.

I read where Felicity Huffman paid to have the proctor change her daughter's wrong answers on her SATS so she would get a good score. How about getting a tutor to help your daughter get a good score on her own? 
I'm sure for $15,000 you could get a great tutor (right Abby?) 
By helping in this way it just shows your kids they don't have to study, mommy and daddy's money will always get them what they want.
It is all sickening at best on so many levels.

I paid my own way through school. I worked and I went to school. 
Was it easy? Hell no, but that is what had to be done.
We wonder why millennials think they are entitled to everything without working for it. Their parents have raised them that way. Argh!

**This week Olga over at Confessions of a Grandma wrote about a sign she saw regarding dog pooping. 
Basically, the sign is saying, do not let your dog poop here.
I find these signs funny. 
Not haha funny, but that people think they actually work.
There is an area we always walk by and someone posted a please pick up after your dog. They have big old sandwich placards on the grass in front of their townhome. I'm sorry but these don't work. 
If you are a person who lets your dog poop there and you don't pick up their poo, then you aren't going to be bothered by someones homemade sign.  A sign sure as hell won't stop them. 
I saw another one that politely said, be a good neighbor, pick up after your dog.
Again, if you are a shit head (no pun intended) and you don't do this normally this sign is just a joke to them. 
It doesn't make them pick up after their dog or suddenly see the errors of their ways. They know what they are doing. 

I have watched as someone did not pick up after their dog. (Sign and all.)
Being who I am, I was not letting this young kid off the hook. 
I went over to him and handed him a bag along with a smile.
I said you didn't pick up after your dog, I assume you needed a bag, here ya go, I have extras.
He looked at my extended hand, grabbed it and he picked it up. 
No words were spoken. 
I am certain he was angry but oh well. 
His dog went to the bathroom 4 feet from the poop pot that you throw the waste in and that has free bags attached to the front. 
So you know he did this on purpose. 
The sign didn't guilt him into what should be common courtesy.
(and a fine by the development if caught)
Now when he sees me he turns and walks the other way.  
That just makes me assume he continues to not pick up after his dog unless I see him. 
For some reason this makes me laugh that he is so afraid of little ole me.

12 comments:

RO said...

Good morning and Happy Friyay! I have to tell you that I was totally shocked when I heard the news about the college scandal, and it reminded me how someone was killed to be in a good school on an episode of Law and Order. If I had that kind of money, I would use it to help the many homeless and hungry people in the world, and I would have hired good tutors to help my kids take tests the right way. I still really can't believe it, and my prayers go out to those kids. Hugs...RO

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm shocked at how much money a few of those high profile parents were willing to pay to get their kids in Ivy League schools. How could they ever have any pride in their kids knowing what they did?

There are two dog owners in my neighborhood who let their dogs poop all over their own lawns without picking it up. Even that is disgusting. It's really hard to get Levi past those yards without him wanting to mark the places up so I usually go across the street. The worst I've seen was a woman at an outdoor craft place who wasn't paying attention and she was dragging her dog who was trying to poop and did over a long distance right were people had to walk. An artist ended up cleaning it up because no one wanted to go in her booth.

Olga said...

I agree that signs are pretty useless. The attitude seems to be that "don't" applies to someone else. So basically, signs are just another form of litter to me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ro, happy Friday to you or Friyay! Rick and I talked about what good we could do with all that money as well. Cheating was not one of them.

Jean, their pride is money driven. Not hard work driven. Made me see William Macy in a completely new light and it wasn't pretty.

Olga, I think litter is correct, like those stupid political signs. I have never driven by them and said, Oh that's a good sign I will change my vote now.

Abby said...

The whole college admission scam burns my butt. Terrible parenting for kids who will just squander the opportunity. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to work for Felicity and her entitled kids. She can keep the $15K. Glad they got busted.
I see a guy with his dog most mornings. I know he doesn't pick up the poop, but the dog is a friendly golden retriever, and I really like her. Too bad her owner is so crappy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, how can one NOT LIKE a golden retriever. They are nothing but smiles to me. I just love them, shh, don't tell Izzy.
As for the college "crap" You are correct, it is all terrible parenting and honestly, I think that is the majority of the problem with young ones...in my opinion.

Arkansas Patti said...

Loved that you handed that kid a bag and a bit surprised he used it. You definitely put the fear in him.
As for the college kids getting bought into school, they will never have that cool feeling of accomplishment. They have been robbed.

Mike said...

We've had things popping out of the ground for about a month now. But the cold spells keep them from getting too high. At least they haven't died.

As for the dog poop, you've given me an idea for a post. My son-in-law's parents had a dog poop fight to the extreme. Maybe a post next week.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, some of our plants got frost after rearing their pretty little heads. So I think those are done darn it.
But I can't wait to hear a dog poop fight. Oh my.

Cruisin Paul said...

The children of Lori Laughlin's & Felicity Huffman just make me sick to my stomach with their attitudes. I worked hard for all I got, sometimes my scores weren't the best but I got them and I succeeded my self and taught for 31 years in the school and helped many students to get where they are at today. I'm getting positive comments today from these same students. I wan't rich like these rich bitches, excuse my language Peg. What's this world coming to? See ya my friend.

Cruisin Paul

RO said...

LOL! That Vintage Lunchbox works great for popcorn, penny candy, and flour for fried chicken too! You always find the coolest memes! Happy Friyay! RO

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ya know why Ro? Cuz I'm cool. HA HA yea right.