Thursday, February 1, 2018

Quickie

Remember the crazy woman whose house had a fire and they were rebuilding it?
The contractor asked us to do these horrible colors for this woman who is still living in 1973. She swore at Rick like crazy too if you recall that post.

Here is her new Harvest Gold Tub and Toilet that were a perfectly fine brand new white. You can tell this is an older person not only by the colors but this wallpaper. Each time I see this I think it looks like it needs to be remodeled and updated and everything in the room is brand spanking new. To me, it is cringe-worthy. I know everyone's taste is different but you won't find this being done on HGTV.



Below is her Red Bath. Reminds me of Best Little Whore House in Texas.
The red is bad enough but the cabinet is brown. It does not work with the black top. Since it is already ugly I would have made the cabinet black but either way it is not what I would have done if my insurance was paying for a full remodel. She did not want tile around the tub either. They put those thin inexpensive fiberglass panels you can get at Home Depot. The contractor told me that she screamed at him for saying two times that she may wish to go to tile. She abused this man as much as Rick. And because she swore at Rick and called him names I might just hate it because of that, who knows. I just can't fathom making a brand new tub and sink that was Kohler white into red. Rick said it looked like something from a 70's porn. I asked how he knew that? 😀 
But he did a good job even if it is ugly.


Just thought I'd show you the finished product of that nightmare of a customer. 
I don't think she'll be giving us a great Yelp review. ha ha ha

13 comments:

Toni said...

Some customers are better to lose than to keep! Life will be easier without her!

Linda d said...

Oh Lordy!!! A mixture of every style imaginable. Like a small style explosion and this is what you got when all the dust settled.

No ma'am...you hate it because it is hideous. If someone was to buy that house that would gut those two brand new rooms in a flash.

Linda d said...

The top pic makes me feel a little dizzy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Linda, the contractor told us that he informed her this was not good for resale. She told him to f****** do what she wanted and mind his own f****** business. Nice old lady isn't she?

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think I could stand in front of that harvest gold toilet and do my business. Just don't think the ceiling would allow that. And who wallpapers the ceiling anyhow? That wall paper is like some nightmare out of my great aunts 1800's farm house. At least she had white fixtures.

Ricks work looks fine though. Not colors I'd pick, but the surfaces look really nice.

And that customer - she should go get a colonoscopy and see if someone wedged a pine cone in there. If it weren't for the economy I think I'd have walked out on that one.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, I agree 100% about all of this. Our finances were the only reason Rick did it if. This will be the first person that if she calls back he will not go back. It's a shame too because where she lives homes are in the multi-millions. crazy ass lady 😁

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

You are right about that brown cupboard needing to be black. I could not live with that bathroom. Reminds of some wallpaper my husband came home with before we were married. It was white with black and red drawings of people in various sexually positions. I wouldn't let him hang it up, saying, "What if your mother comes to visit or your brother's little kids?" He only had the one bathroom.

The internet is full of harvest gold bath fixtures and how to decorate around them and none of them show using dainty pink flowers. Ugh.

BootsandBraids said...

Wow! Just Wow! Maybe she's color blind in a way that doesn't see what others see.

Mike said...

I think some black tile would have gone great with the red tub.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike the floor is black and white basket weave. That is the only nice thing in the room.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, your husband sounds like mine I'm glad he never saw that wallpaper. We had a coffee cup with bunnies doing it in various positions. 95% of never noticed what the pictures were. It just looked like scribbles. But one day a man saw this and put it in the back of my cabinet to hide it. Rick and I had to laugh when we saw that.

Olga said...

Oh, dear. I am at a loss for words.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mary, your comment gave me a good giggle!! I would bet she is!! Her demeanor alone would make me feel that way.