If you haven't cried since Sunday's episode of This is Us, you're in luck, a new episode is on again tonight. Clear those tear ducts, grab your box of kleenex and sit back and enjoy!
I was looking on Netflix for some old movies that I loved and hoped to see again.
But they weren't there. I then went to Amazon and found them. But only on DVD.
Why don't they stream them? Everything older I wish to see is on DVD.
I don't want to buy DVD's even if I did have an old DVD player.
If they are a streaming service then why isn't their library able to stream them?
I do not understand this DVD necessity. I don't even know anyone who still has a DVD player. Isn't that why Blockbuster video went out of business?
Speaking of which, I just saw a meme where a woman was carded buying wine and they asked for her ID. She put her keys on the counter to get into her purse and the young man saw her key ring with her blockbuster card on it and said, "never mind I see the blockbuster card, you're old enough" I digress.
Oh well so much for seeing these oldies but goodies again I guess.
Rick has never seen these 2 movies and I was hoping we'd watch them this weekend. (if I can get him away from Longmire for a damn minute)
The Four Seasons and Same Time Next Year are the two movies.
Both have Alan Alda. The Four Seasons just makes me laugh to think about it.
I just loved the characters Danny (Jack Weston)and Claudia (Rita Moreno)
Carol Burnett is in this as well as many others you'd recognize.
This movie came out in the very early 80's if I recall.
At the time we had a group who did this type of thing together all the time.
Then a divorce happened and who gets the friends? Yep, lived that a few years later just like in the movie. While it was happening to me I recalled it all from the movie.
The other movie I saw originally at the Drive-In. Remember those?
Same Time Next Year was a movie from the late 70's.
It too had Alan Alda and it starred Ellen Burstyn. I loved this movie!
Ah, another time, when movies were about people and they talked and nothing blew up and you didn't need a blue screen. I'm so old-fashioned aren't I?
Have you seen either?
14 comments:
I laughed out loud over the Block Buster remark. I miss the old style movies, too. Too much flashing color, action and blowing things up now. I see a lot of the previews on the big screen when I go with my Movie and Lunch club and I wonder the long-term damage to the eyes younger people will face watching that kind of stuff.
And their minds Jean
LOL me and hubs started watch Longmire together but then his scheduled changed to 2-10 so I haven't watched it since the first of the year. I really liked it.
If I'm not mistaking Netflix only plays movies for a time then retires them.
Not only do I have a DVD, I still have a VCR. I have a lot of old movies on VCR so I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.
So, in other words, Mike, they won't be carding you anytime soon. :-)
Geeze, I sill have a combo DVD/VCR hanging out in a closet and a couple of Blu-ray players that we entertain the grand kiddies with. And? We have not 1 but 2 drive-in theaters locally, each with 2 screens. Not letting go of anything up here.
Next rainy day Sunday we get here (April maybe), I'm going to try and introduce the spousal unit to streaming movies from Amazon. She usually settles for that crap on LMN - Loser movie network. Talk about rotting your brain!
Brian, you have really antiques don't you? We call LMN the victim network at our house. It always seems to us a damsel in distress, or step daddy is diddling his daughter kind of thing.
I have three streaming services, but still have a DVD player. Netflix has some good shows like The Crown, but most movies are crappy ones you never heard of. Amazon Prime is better, but will charge in addition for the current or just past season of a series. I also have Acorn which is all British shows and movies, which I love.
I love movies but when you go to them, it takes forever to get to the movie and it is so loud, I can barely stand it.
Mary, funny I like the loud, but I still don't go to the theater often enough. I have Amazon Prime, but not it's biggest fan except for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Love This Is Us. I keep a box of tissues by the couch in my TV room. It's almost the only thing I watch out the hundreds of options on cable. Mostly I watch Netflix lately.
My mom still buys DVD's and I'm like you can watch it for free on Netflix mom! (most of them haha)
Julie, I don't like to watch movies over again until it's been years. So buying dvd's doesn't make sense for me.But my mom wouldn't get it either so I understand.
I buy my DVDs at Goodwill. Cheap, like 2 bucks. And I do watch movies over and over, although I do try to keep some space in between them, so like once or twice a year for most of them.
I found three seasons of Downton Abbey for 5 bucks each at Goodwill, as soon as my new TV is installed in the Momcave, those are on the agenda.
I have a VCR, too. I have a couple videotapes that I may someday want to watch. :)
Ami - :-)
Post a Comment