Thursday, September 28, 2017

Megyn Kelly

One evening while watching Megyn Kelly on a 60 minutes type show I said out loud that I don't care for her but can't put my finger on why.

My husband said, "republican?"
I laughed and said no, I love my cousin, think he's an idiot, but love him.
That wasn't it.

I enjoyed all the pieces on that show that were done by other journalists.
When I saw she had a show coming on and what it was about I said to my husband I didn't think it will fly.  He asked, "why because you don't like her?"

Now that bothered me. No, I didn't care for her but why I didn't know.
I am not that girl who didn't like the cheerleader or the pretty girl. (hell i was the cheerleader, just not the pretty girl) 

So I DVR'd the first 3 days of her new show and here are my feelings after those 3 were watched.
She doesn't seem genuine to me.(calculated)
She doesn't seem warm to me.
She doesn't seem too bright to me.
She doesn't seem to know how to ask the right questions.
She touts herself a lot but that isn't what the show is about or is it?

The first day was all about her, her family, her goal for the show etc.
So I let the self-absorbed stuff go because she is trying to explain what her new show will be about. That is all normal.

The show talked about a nun who is doing great work in Chicago. But she seemed to not so much ask the sister questions as treat her like a child. It was awkward. She never got to the real core of the story like why this neighborhood is like this or dig deep enough. It was very convoluted to me. When she had guests there like the priest, he seemed to fill in the blanks for her without her asking. 

She also had on the Will & Grace actors. She asked stupid immature questions and even asked a fan if the show made him gay and a lawyer like Will?
Did she think that was funny? It wasn't.
The look on the actor's faces said all I was thinking. You big twit!

The 3rd show was Jane Fonda and Robert Redford.
She asked Redford about his new movie and why he purchased the book rights.
Redford said he was not a feminist but wanted a female-driven story.
Now to me, the next question would be, Gee Bob that surprises me why don't you consider yourself a feminist? But she giggled and then asked Jane about her facelifts. She calls herself a journalist? The look on Jane's face was priceless. She replied that this was not going to be discussed now when she was there to plug this movie. (besides she goes into great detail of this in her books it's out there)
Jane 1 Megyn 0

I still don't like her. I tried. When I watch a show I want to feel something for the person beside them being cringe-worthy.  I don't watch Ellen often but sort of like her, she's warm, she's fun, she's someone you care about.
I also like Lisa Ling'ss show on CNN. I like Lisa. Her shows are smart and informative. I trust her to be accurate. I liked her on The View and really loved her when she quit because she said, "I want to do more than talk to celebrities."
I admired a young woman in her 20's who said that. She too was also warm. Megyn is not to me. She says she is, her friends were trotted out on stage to say she was.
I just don't feel it. Is it me?  I hope her 15 minutes are up.

12 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

You are more open minded than me, watching three shows. I knew she wouldn't be the white Oprah and I was a turned off they even compared her new show to Oprah before it even went on the air. When I heard she asked a person if Will & Grace made him gay I knew here days were numbered. She's not good with people!!!! And her values suck.

Silver in AZ said...

I heard about the Jane Fonda interview and it confirmed why I'd never watch her.

Mike said...

She looks good and has good pronunciation. Good enough for Fox but not the real world. Yes she is a twit.

BootsandBraids said...

I totally agree. I’ve never understood all the hoopla about her, as I find her dull, bland, uninteresting and not all that pretty. I was surprised when I saw things shuffled around to make room for her on the morning show, because she comes across as so empty that I didn’t think viewers would relate to her. But, on the other hand, what do I know as there’s 40% out there who are over-the-moon with the Orange Guy. There’s a pot for every lid, I've heard, so maybe there’s enough viewers who do find her interesting and pretty to keep her segment afloat.

Anonymous said...

I saw Megan Kelly's new show yesterday. My DVR is set to record anything Jane Fonda is in. I found the interview awkward. Jane's reaction to her question about her facelift was perfect. She talked and wrote about that facelift thoroughly a few years ago. Like you, I've given Kelly a chance, but there seems to be something missing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

bellarum, heart is missing and good interview skills.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I had to look up who this Kelly person was, just so you know how out of touch I am, lol. Based on the other comments, looks like you've nailed it.
When I have time for TV I try to avoid news. The only exception is in the morning while getting ready for work when I can tune my teeny tiny tv in the bathroom to the Today show ~ because I can only get that one channel on it.

Ami said...

I don't like her either. She's shallow and limited in her intelligence. Bubbleheaded.

Olga said...

I also had the thought that you were much more open minded than I to give her a chance. She does not appear warm and caring. To ask if a television show made one gay -- that's just a lethalcombination of ignorance and stupidity.

Barbara said...

I haven't seen her show yet but from what I have read, she is not very good at interviews. I don't think I'll be watching her show unless I start hearing some good reviews first.

Julie H said...

We don't watch anything political here because it causes problems lol. Yes some how married a republican way back before it mattered in our lives ;)

UplayOnline said...

Good enough for Fox but not the real world. Yes she is a twit.


เย็ดสาว