I had a very odd and off weekend.
I was lazy. Normally my weekends are run, run, run.
But this one was anything but.
Everything that I wanted to accomplish was nixed.
I was just downright lazy.
I did get one load of laundry washed and dried and barely folded.
It felt good, but while doing this lazy thing I was feeling guilty.
Rick suggested I just suck it up and be lazy with him.
I think he just wanted to be lazy and in his big chair and not feel guilty as well.
Saturday morning we went grocery shopping together to fill up our empty fridge.
That was a mistake. Taking Rick to the grocery store is like taking him to a hardware store or a place that sells wood. He loves those 3 kinds of places and he throws things in the cart that I would never buy. When I ask since when do you drink grapefruit juice? Well, I'm going to start he tells me. Okay then.
We spent a small fortune but my fridge is stocked and now if only someone would make my meal from this bounty I would be so happy. And he read my mind apparently.
Saturday I just couldn't get it together. I have been having some sleeping issues and I am just dragging through my days. I have this pain in my back that isn't normal. It's not like a muscle pain or a pain where the chiropractor could fix. It's different. It's weird and lying down hurts so I'm dragging. It's gotten better over the last couple of weeks but it isn't gone. Anyway not sleeping is making me tired as you would expect all day.
After unloading my groceries and putting them away I got the old heating pad and propped myself into the corner of our L shaped sofa and relaxed for what I thought would be just a few minutes before heading upstairs for laundry and cleaning. Rick had other ideas. He kept saying he wanted to see that show I told him about.
You see when I have insomnia I read and/or watch TV. I found a show that was re-running on in the wee hours and I loved it. It said it was the season finale. Figures.
So I went to see if it was in my On Demand folder and sure enough it was and I downloaded the full season so I could watch it when I had time.
Rick felt this was the time. I wasn't sure he'd like this as much as me but if he was willing to check it out why not I figured.
So there I am in the corner with the heating pad all comfy and Rick in his chair and we binged watched the full 10 shows of their 1st season. He made me a 2nd cup of coffee (pumpkin spice, it's that time of year) and the show began.
I absolutely loved this show. I want this lead character to be my neighbor so we can day drink. I want her to be my BFF because we are on the same page on just about everything. I think this woman is in my head and they made my thoughts a show. My husband on the 2nd episode says, "My God this woman is you. What a smart ass. I love it." (Good thing you said that Big Fella.)
By the 10th episode, he is saying, "how the hell did they get into your mind and make it a show?" That made me laugh because I hadn't said a word about it but I was seeing that too. No wonder I liked her. ha ha I found out there will be a 2nd season in 2018 and now it's just another show I have to wait for. Damn.
I also ate too much Sunday It started with having my coffee on the patio. Rick was walking the dog and I took my coffee and sat outside on a beautiful Sunday morning and cozied up on my outside sofa. It was great....until the man next door came out to have a cigarette and it blew my way. Man, do I hate that smell.
I wish he'd smoke anything other than cigarettes. Even a pipe or cigar wouldn't bother me as much. Pot could waft over the fence and at least I could enjoy it with him, but not so much with his damn cigarettes. Thankfully after his cigarette, he left for the day.
Rick made breakfast on the grill and it was wonderful. We ate outside on the patio since cigarette boy left. Homemade Hashbrowns, bacon and eggs. Yummo. Then of course lunch, which was also made by Rick while watching a movie.
Then later in the day, some junk food because Rick was shopping with me and picked up stuff I avoid like chips and dip. If in the house they will be eaten, which to Rick is the point. (during baseball game, which he proclaimed one must have something to munch while watching the game, ya gotta love his rules)
Then I ate dinner that Rick made. See this pattern? Oh and Rick made me a milkshake while we watched the game and ate junk food. I said I didn't want one then he poured his and said you want a sip? Of course, I wanted a sip!
I took a sip and gave it back and he said you sure you don't want one? It's already made. I laughed because he knows me so well. So the pig that I am I drank it.
I have not had a milkshake in 15 years or maybe more. Oh, my goodness was it good. I just do not need a weekend like this again or I'm gonna be 200lbs. Rick is an enabler I told him. He just laughs. While it is acceptable for a guy to have a big ole belly it is not acceptable for me to have one.
Sure was fun while doing it though. I looked at my bathroom scale this morning and refused to get on. It would probably scream and tell me to get off anyway.
I accomplished nothing all weekend except walking a dog, only 1 load of clothes and eating too much yummy food. Fun to do but back to reality and starving and moving. Realty sucks.
8 comments:
What was the show you watched?
I had a pretty lazy day yesterday too. It was nice!
What's this reality thing you speak of?
Sounds like a fun weekend. Life is short.
I never weigh the morning after a day of debauchery. Only weird people do that.
Bellarum, thank you. I love that you said that only weird people do that. Those are the ones who ate 2 carrots and are freaking out so they weight themselves. I may not get on the scale after this weekend until late October. :-)
Oh come on! Weekends were made for resting, and laundry and a few other things, but still. I too want to know the title of the show, please. I think we have a pretty similar taste on shows.
Alessandra, it is very much a show that can be offensive to some so I did not name it on purpose. It's called I'm Sorry.
I wondered if it was that, I watched a couple episodes but didn't find it offensive, weird, maybe I missed something. Thanks! xoxo
You deserve a down weekend. You are running all the time. Now maybe you will have refreshed your energy reserve.
Post a Comment