Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Water lines.

I am very lucky to have my old refrigerator in my garage.
We still have a cooler by the back door for the things we grab a lot.
Like the creamer that Rick likes in his morning coffee for example.
We have found we need ice every two days.

Every time I wish to complain I think about my family in Florida with no power or who had things ruined by water. Or my sister out west dealing with fires. This is an inconvenience that will pass. I just hope it passes sooner than later.

We have this very nosy neighbor who I won't mention by name.
Oh my goodness, she is a hot mess. She is rude too about her nosiness.
When we were looking at the model of this home the real estate person we were working with was interrupted by her as we sat at her desk. She just barged in and gave Monica (real estate sales person) this long list of issues. She wouldn't stop talking as we were sitting there waiting to finish closing our sale.
We thought her peculiar but thought that would be the end of it.

Lo and Behold the wench lives across the street and down a few doors.
Monica apologized for this woman barging in. She said," she is very very nosey so we here at XYZ company are taking advantage of it and asking her to report what she sees. There has been a great deal of theft from the homes as they are being built. We must catch these culprits."
Rick and I nodded and that was the end of that.

Our street we were going to live on was only 10 homes completed at the time. No real road yet, dirt and no curbs or sidewalks. My side of the street had 0 homes, we were the first ones.

The day the moving company was moving our belongings into our home. Rick and I were inside instructing them where to go with the boxes. It was chaos as you can imagine. She just walked right in and said loudly, "I just want to see what upgrades you got and what your home looks like"  The movers were going around her as she stood in the doorway. I put my hand out to shake her hand as I introduced myself. I told her this was a very bad time as I moved her into the dining room to get out of the way of the movers.
She didn't give a shit. She just kept plowing through my house. 2 times we asked her to leave. She did not leave. Finally, when the movers asked her to move and she didn't move quickly enough for Rick, he grabbed her shoulders and walked her out of our house and said, "this is not a good time right now you have to leave."  I am generally horrified when my husband does this type of thing but also thankful because I can't ever do it. Or at least I couldn't do that type of thing back in the day. I'm old now and have less tolerance for stupid people and just don't care what they think. But even still, I am far nicer than Rick. He claims that is why I have to say it so many times. No one has a gray area when Rick tells them what he wants. As the kids say, True dat!

When I walk Izzy she drives me crazy so I try to avoid her.
But she will run down the street to see you if she wants to gossip or some crazy shit like that which she finds important.
She will yell - Hello, hello until you respond. So avoiding her isn't easy.

There are people outside her home digging right now.
She has told everyone that will listen what has happened.
My neighbor on the left asked if I heard. Oh hell yes, I told him, who hasn't?
He laughed. He told me he was raking his front area and she wouldn't shut up. He said he told her he was getting ready to have his real estate agent come by for photos and he just had to get this done. Didn't stop her from going on and on. Finally, he turned his back to her. She wasn't the least bit bothered. He said to me, "Peg she is relentless"
I told him they could have put her on the payroll to find Bin Laden and he would have been caught much sooner. That made him laugh.

Apparently, she had a broken water line. It was just under 9K to repair/replace.
It was the pvc pipes and the age. We had heard of this issue before.
She kept telling all that would listen that its age and we better have ours looked into so we don't have this happen. I thanked her and went into my home. But as only she can do, she saw me and the dog yesterday and I had to hear this again.

Awhile back I was getting these little ads in our electric bill telling me to get this insurance for our water line because even though it's out to the street it is our responsibility. I found this all so odd. Why did my electric company care about my water line? Why wasn't this in my water bill?
I called the number and asked some questions but didn't buy it right away. Until a couple years ago when my another neighbor had to go through this. I contacted the electric companies warranty service and it is only $4.95 a month so I figured I would sign up before mine went too. I mean I have blown $60 in one year in worst ways, this seemed valid through our utility company. They offer a slew of things but this interested us because we already have a home warranty and this wasn't covered by that.

I have to admit I do hate spending money like that and I can't "see" the money spent like something pretty or new. You know what I mean. But it is necessary.

Yesterday afternoon I had opened my office window and I could hear her talking to my husband. I heard him say, "we have protection so don't worry we are covered should this happen" She went on and on and on as only she can do. Finally, he said I am walking inside now, good bye. He turned away and just walked into our house.

Again, I could never be that rude but he makes me laugh.
When I asked him, "how can you just turn your back as she's talking and walk away like that?"
He said, "she is probably still out there talking to the bushes. It didn't hurt her, it didn't kill her, I am sane because I walked away. It's okay to do what I want to do because I am 62 years old. That isn't rude"
Hmm.......

10 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I used to have a neighbor almost that bad. It got to the point that I couldn't do any work in the yard unless he was at work. So I had to plan my life around him! It annoyed the heck out of me because I worked, too, and didn't have a lot of time to waste when there was work that needed doing outside. When we moved I was glad that I have an attached garage so I can come in the house without a neighbor stopping me between the car and my back door. Your neigbhor is forcing you to be rude and that kind of rudeness doesn't count.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oh goodness, this makes me laugh because I think everyone has a neighbor like this....they are lonely (usually) and want to talk to someone ~ anyone! My next door neighbor lives alone with her two dogs. She's very fragile and ill, but is still ok enough to live by herself. I sometimes take baked goods or fruits when I have too much. Last time I baked I had gone a little crazy and we didn't want to eat it all and I told Romeo I should take some to *Evelyn ~ but I really don't want to be there for an hour. He says: set the timer on your phone and when it goes off tell her you have something in the oven. Worked like a charm.

Of course when she runs up behind you while walking the dog it won't help! Unless you set it everytime just in case, haha.

Mike said...

Five dollars a month is cheap insurance for a water line. Especially if it goes across the street to the main.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean - I like that thought - "she is forcing me to be rude so it doesn't count."

It's - she is actually married and he is retired. I am certain he blocks her out. If she is lonely I think she'd be far worse. Is that possible? :-) I like the phone trick. I have now stolen that idea.

Mike - that is what we thought. Rick didn't believe me so he called and got all the info and asked all the questions he felt pertinent. HA I was right. Silly man.

alessandra said...

Haha, I agree with Rick he wasn't rude, she is rude by talking non stop,(could be a mental issue?) he's just defending his own sanity ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - oh she's crazy, she just has not been diagnosed. :-)

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision by getting the insurance. The price is very reasonable. It would make me sleep better.

I chuckled and nodded my head when you wrote, "I'm old now and have less tolerance for stupid people and just don't care what they think." Ain't it the truth.

When we lived in Maryland, we put a bench in our backyard and enjoyed sitting out there with a glass of wine in the evening. It was so peaceful for a week or two. Then our next-door neighbor spotted us back there, and it was over. He started looking for us every time he left or returned to his house. He probably looked out his window, too, because most of the time he showed up after we were out there a few minutes. He would come over and talk, talk, talk until we made some excuse to go in the house. He even did it when I had company. I hate it when a neighbor intrudes on you space and time.

Mary said...

Your husband is absolutely correct. This woman sounds nuts. I think it was wise to get that policy for your waterline. I will look into getting that myself as I have a camphor tree about 10' or 15' from my home near water lines I'm sure ....plus big trees can get under foundations. I just hate to lose it, as it provides a lot of shade and it's a gamble if I will die before it's a problem..lol

Mary said...

Meant to ask, is this not covered by your homeowners?

Julie H said...

We had a disabled neighbor that would stop and talk. He'd talk about something and then it would circle around and start all over again. I had a lot of oh I have to inside moments lol