I'm going to clean up a few things.
To my blogger friend Jade, thank you so much for the lovely personal email. I have attempted three times to respond but it kept telling me that the email wasn't valid. I just hit reply so I don't understand. But thank you, it meant a lot to me. The info was great as well and helpful.
To all who wondered if I walked this morning. Why of course, Izzy and I have a grand ole time at 5:20am today. She was so lively. I wasn't. She was happy as could be to be up and outside smelling every blade of grass and every tree trunk. I need to be more like Izzy in the morning. Especially like now, she's sleeping.
You can't find more joy in a living thing than Izzy at 5 in the morning. It's cute and some mornings it helps me so much that I can't help but smile and love her back instead of being groggy and grumpy. A dog is the best.
At 7am I walked to Lorrie's home. She answered the door and told me she couldn't walk today. A very insane excuse and honestly I didn't care or listen at 100%. But it involved salad that she left somewhere and it was a wild story and made no sense in any way to walking but I didn't care enough to ask more questions. I smiled and said, No problem, I'll see you on Monday. (she won't do weekends, thank goodness)
She makes this weird shit up all the time now. As I said the other day, She opened the door looking spritely and said, I feel great today. After two blocks, which seems to be her limit, she says her abdomen hurts we should go home. I say I can still see your house, we have to at least go around the block. Then she laughs and says okay. You can tell her abdomen does not hurt. Then we go home. She doesn't want to walk, her daughter is making her walk because the dr told her to. Lorrie is now like a child and it's actually a bit amusing to see her mind work. How she makes stuff up and lies and looks away from me. It reminds me so much of a young child. You can't get mad. I just go along and this morning I was showered, dressed and feeling good so I walked briskly home and had a wonderful cup of coffee with my feet up.
At lunchtime I was sitting on my stoop with Izzy and I heard more things that you can imagine from the people going in and out of my neighbors home to view for purchase.
One lady was standing on the sidewalk talking. Here are some of her points.
I'd be willing to go to 450K (asking 430) if I didn't have to paint it. (masculine colors) She said I wish it had white cabinets and the walls were gray (me! if only I was ready to sell!!) Another couple said the same thing. I think he needs to know that - if he'd just paint his walls anything but maroon and dark colors then he may sell this fast. 2 townhomes on the block. 1 sold in 6 days at asking. His home has been up for sale since Tuesday. So this will be interesting.
I'm looking forward to a good weekend.
Talk to guys on Monday.
Enjoy your weekend.
6 comments:
I need some Issy energy too. But walking before the sun is barely up isn't for me. Have a good weekend!
Never will understand why people bitch about the color of the walls. So what you can PAINT them! When we tried to sale ours - bitched about the color of our den - yes it's red - to me because I have seen it a beige color (which made the room feel cold) - the room is big with vaulted ceilings and the red color makes it cozy. LOL I am fixing to paint it this winter and doing a dark brownish on fireplace wall and rest will be few shades lighter. People probably still complain!
Jean - no one has that kind of perkiness at that hour.
April - agreed. But because I know this is a big deal I will paint to make them happy ....to a point. His colors are very dark and masculine and sometimes people can't look beyond that to see the beauty of the home.
I'm catching up backwards so I need to go back and read but sounds like you've had a few interesting days!
They need to go out and buy cans of white paint and put a couple of them in each room with a sign that says, "Ready to go! Just add arm movement."
Boy Mike, now that's an idea and damn funny!! I may have to recommend to him.
Post a Comment