The news is sure fun of late.
It seems another hurricane will be hitting us this week.
My niece who just moved to Florida is a bit concerned.
I spoke with her yesterday and this is all new to her.
Her husband who is from the area is prepared and helping her get through this.
As she said, "we only had to worry about snow and that's easy"
My sister out west is dealing with fire and smoke.
A few weeks ago she went to the shore to breathe some fresh air that they don't have at their home.
I can't fathom fire. That is too much for me.
Hurricanes, tornados, flooding, earthquakes, and fire.
I think perhaps my niece was right, snow seems like nothing right now doesn't it?
Of course, we have a nuke happy Kim Jong-Un.
He's a happy fella isn't he? Hell bent on blowing us all up.
And with the nasty crew heading our gov't I don't think there will be anything other than the beating of the chest and machismo. Man, do I miss a level head person in charge.
In other news....
Rick's daughter is going through a divorce.
Ever since her husband's heart issue, he is a changed man.
He is angry and has a temper that he never had.
It's ugly is enough to say here, very ugly.
After trying for so long she is now at the point of just fed up.
No more tears, just done with it.
She spoke to her father over the weekend and he was a bit shocked at how level headed she was being about everything. I guess that is good.
She had a plan and put it into action and I must say I am impressed.
Before she left she accomplished a great deal. But for some reason, they must live together. The attorney said if she leaves it is abandonment.
So they will live together in the house I guess. Crazy.
It reminded me of the movie War of the Roses.
I'm not sure I could do that especially when one fears the others anger and locks themselves in a room on any given day.
I have a crazy week ahead of me of a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Yep a tube up me and one down me. Great week. I'm sure after this fun is done I will have a good story or two. Gee, I can't wait.
12 comments:
"a colonoscopy and an endoscopy"
Been there, done that.
What if she filed a restraining order, given his anger management issues? Would she still have to live with him? I'd ask that question, research online, perhaps even consult with another attorney. It makes no sense. And I'm so sorry. :(
I think the entire country is in a mass state of depression due to the stuff on the news. But I'm really worried, too, about what kind of winter we'll have. Snow has it's dangers too.
It's not at all uncommon for someone who's had a major health issue like your daughter's husband to go through about two years worth or anger and resentment. Most find a way to make peace with the changes in their lives, a few don't. If your daughter is the key bread winner now that could explain why her lawyer says it would be abandonment if she leaves before the divorce...assuming his anger isn't physical.
My school is under a level 1 alert because of the Eagle Creek fire. There's an inch of ash on my car.
I would think she should consult another attorney, too. It sounds like a bad situation and I hope it all turns out okay.
Sorry about the medical stuff. Yuck.
Too All - that was asked re: restraining order if she could leave. Thus far the answer is no which I find ridiculous.
Jean, he was the major bread winner coming in at 225K and she only makes 60K.
Ami, I don't know how you deal with fire.
Geez, bummer of a post! I am sure you will make something witty from the medical procedures at least.
Not being able to leave when you fear for your safety? That sounds so wrong. Sometimes laws just seem whacko to me.
Olga I couldn't agree more!
How about a restraining order.
End of times eh? J/k
Julie, I mentioned that. But I am letting her do this herself. She is so stubborn as is he. She withdraws, where he gets mean. I saw the change in him when they were here. HE was flipping out about little things with the boys and all kinds of non important things. She is 37 years old. She will have to figure this out. She told us yesterday that she was fine with the way things are so we gave her some options and now we can only sit on the sidelines and watch. I've known her for 30 years. She will pull away if we say too much so we have to be careful. I know he was miserable but she isn't a piece of cake either. (bad step mommy)
It is certainly not fun being you with those tests.
Colonoscopy AND endoscopy? If they do them at the same time, can they meet in the middle?
About that snow stuff - at least you can shovel it out of your way or wait for it to melt. But all that other stuff?? Takes a whole helluva lot longer to recover. They can have Katrina, Harvey, Irma and a fire or three. Give me 30 inches of snow and my snowblower - I'm good.
That's funny - was at my doctors the other day and he goes yeah you will be 50 next year - that means I get to order a colonoscopy for you!! I have a weird doctor!!
Post a Comment