Monday, September 25, 2017

Bad Walker

I'm a very bad Alzheimer Walker.
My goodness, I totally forgot Lorrie today.

I walked Izzy at 5:30a. Ran into my neighbor Karen and we chatted. If I am being honest I wasn't talking she was. I don't chat before coffee, she chatted and I nodded. She asked if I was okay, I told her that I just need my coffee. Thankfully that made her move on so Izzy could do her morning constitution and we could go home for coffee!

Normally I would run upstairs and get cleaned up and ready for my walk with Lorrie and have my coffee afterward. But for some reason, I acted like it was the weekend. I came home, I turned on the coffee maker and made a cup for us both. I drank coffee while I emptied the dishwasher and put things away.
I ran upstairs and threw a load of laundry in and jumped in the shower.
I got out of the shower and cleaned my vanity because it certainly needed it and then got dressed.

I went back downstairs and made another cup of coffee and went to my office a bit early. I got a text that read, "Sorry I just woke up - see you tomorrow."
OH MY GOD, I totally forgot Lorrie. Thankfully she overslept and didn't realize I didn't show up at her house.  Oh my goodness, I felt terrible and relieved all at the same time. Then I laughed. Who has Alzheimer's? Geez.

I think I mentioned in a past post that I cracked my heel on the bench at the foot of my bed. Rick and I were getting ready for bed and I hit it so hard he heard the crack. I yelped and sat on the bed holding it.  He asked the next morning if it hurt. Oh yes, it still hurts. It felt swollen. As the weeks have gone on it still hurts, it burns a lot, it is a bit puffy. Some shoes actually hurt too much to wear. Going down the steps or putting weight smack dab on my heel is very painful. I can't rest my heel on anything. It hurts too much.

Yesterday while watching a ballgame I put my bare feet on the coffee table and crossed my legs. I yelped like an idiot because I put my right heel on the table and my left leg over my right adding even more weight. It hurt so much so that I couldn't believe it. This thing is not getting better. Rick said maybe it was broken. But if it were broken wouldn't it have healed by now?

I hate all this doctor crap this year.
So guess who is seeing a podiatrist to see what the hell is happening to my heel?
Yea, they still don't know why I have this mass in my eye and now this.
Honestly, this year has been my year of doctor exams and tests beyond belief.
I hope next year is far better with way fewer doctors in my life.
Something tells me that I will be a year older and that is less likely.

I think I need a drink.

4 comments:

Mike said...

"Who has Alzheimer's? Geez."

You've probably forgotten about that $100 you owe me too, right?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I did Mike. check is in the mail

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

One of the things I don't like about walking my dog around the neighborhood is there is always someone who wants to talk and it's hard to hold Levi back. It's HIS time after all and I can't blame him.

At least your neighbor just overslept. Couldn't have been worse.

Julie H said...

One of my old neighbors was kind of lurking around this morning by the bus stop. Hopefully he made it home. Probably should have went with my gut instinct and called someone to come check on him.

I'm always walking into shit. It's kind of amazing I've only broken one toe.