Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dysfunction Junction

Do you all remember School House Rocks?
While I was too old for this at the time I have sisters much younger than me who would have this on and I still remember these songs.

While Rick has been ill this past winter he would watch TV shows I find disturbing. When I walked into the room and saw on the television show Hot Bench and Dr Phil I would sing, "dysfunction junction, what's your function?"
You know just like this song. It makes him laugh. But he still watches this crap.



I don't care for shows where people scream at one another. You know like reality shows. I don't get their appeal. I saw a Hot Bench with the 3 judges who don't really listen to these people and then make a decision. What is wrong that you think you need TV justice? Some of these shows make me so uncomfortable.

This one I liked.

6 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

There's a lot of bad TV shows, mostly the reality types. I don't remember the School House Rocks at all.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Jean. I think it started in 1973.I was still in high school but little sisters watched on a loop I swear . Don't know how many years it was on. It was a good way to learn.

Mike said...

School House Rocks is a no go for me too. But that Jimmy Kimmel bit cracked me up. And no I can't stand those types of shows.

Julie H said...

I hate shows like that too. Dr. Phil was good when he first started but I quit watching him years ago.

We have all the school house rock on dvd I think. If the kids didn't lose one here or there.

Barbara said...

I remember School House Rock from my kids. I think setting lessons to music is a terrific idea. I sometimes can't think of my name, but I can't remember the lyrics to every Motown song.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Funny you should say that Barbara, I just said something similar this weekend. I can sing the entire Flinstone theme song but can't remember where I put my damn car keys or phone at any given moment. Yesterday I was looking for my bifocals and they were on my head!