Monday, November 21, 2016

Got Snow?

Thankfully we don't have any of the white stuff.
Just bone chillin' cold with very high winds.
Brr......
I know it's coming and each year I'm not ready.

Rick's surgery is tomorrow. They make it sound so simple.
Just a quick 90 minutes she said to me today all cheerful.
I know we wouldn't want this person who calls us to be doom and gloom but it a bit more realistic would be nice.

The surgery is not until 12:30pm. Rick is all spastic because he will not be able to eat or drink all day from midnight. That is all he is talking about. Gee, buddy how about being that concerned about the surgery? Nope.  WHAT? no food for more than 12 hours? How will I survive?  He makes me chuckle.

I do get it. My surgery coming up is the same thing. Late day surgery and no eating or drinking after midnight. I don't mind not eating. But not having water will drive me nuts.

This weekend we went to Middleburg, my favorite little town.
We had a great time. We both figured this was going to be our last outing for awhile so let's do something we enjoy.
We had lunch on the patio of a restaurant there we like. It was 72. Last day to eat outside until spring.
Here's my big guy ordering lunch.
Then we went across the street to this place.
We bellied up to the tasting bar and tried some of the hard ciders. I could have 2 of the 3 on tap. One was hoppy like beer so no can do for a celiac. But I LOVED the first one we tried the best so that is what we bought. 
So we bought a Jug. You buy the jug and can get it refilled for like $7 or $9 bucks. I've blown $7/$9 in worse ways. 
This one above was hard cider with 1% champagne. Ooh, I liked it. We had it as mimosas at our private Sunday brunch. 

We went to our favorite chocolatier there and bought a couple of chocolates. We roamed the town and window shopped and just had a nice time. Since Rick and I won't be walking about for awhile except walking our dog we thought we'd go out and have some fun while we could. It didn't hurt that it was so warm either. 
I just love this town and wish we could live there. Got an extra 3 million you could lend me?






7 comments:

Silver in AZ said...

Best wishes! You guys will be in my prayers! :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thank you Silver. I'm sure it will turn out fine unless I strangle this goof ball for whining about not having food. 😆

Mike said...

I think the actual rule is no food or water 8 hours before surgery. So if he says up until 4am....

alessandra said...

No I'm sorry I don't have 3 millions but if you find four I could do with one, see I'm humble ;)
Best wishes for the surgery, I so understand him, when I have to have some blood test I hate that can't have breakfast and it's only for an hour or two XD

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - ah, but for him no food from midnight so he can whine and eat like a pig before midnight. My God that man ate so much. This isn't the depression, it's just surgery Rick.

Alessandra - oh how nice, only need one million. You are kind. Okay if I get 4 I'll come deliver the other million. :-)

Julie H said...

Well that sounds like a nice day!

The sad thing about the later day surgeries is that they are always running behind.

Barbara said...

That little outing will do wonders for your moods over the next couple of days of surgery and recovery. Fingers crossed.