Saturday, November 12, 2016

Hallelujah

Leonard Cohen died Friday at age 82.
He was described as a Canadian singer, songwriter, poet and novelist.
I always thought he wrote one of the most haunting songs of the 80's.
He was like Bob Dylan to me. I loved their music but never enjoyed when they "sang" them. I preferred when others sang his songs.

Leonard wrote one of my all-time favorite songs, Hallelujah.(1984)
Jeff Buckley made it popular again in the early 90's I believe.
There are so many great renditions of this song.
Both Jeff and Leonard have passed away now.
But I think this song will be around for a very long time.

Here is someone you wouldn't expect to do a rendition of this song.
Besides, it's a reason to look at Jon Bon Jovi.
Yes, dear blogger friends he is tender vittles to me, being 6 years my junior.
But I'm still breathing and while he is shorter than I normally like 'em, he still is good lookin'!

6 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I agree I think both Dylan and Cohen were great song writers but I prefer their songs sung by other people.

alessandra said...

One of my favorite songs of all times, I love it sung by Alexandra Burke, you should check her on You Tube, she's good looking but probably not your type :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra...😆

alessandra said...

I meant you should check her for how she sings! Did you?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

yes, Rick and I both did. She's gorgeous and she sang it beautifully.
you were right!!

Bilbo said...

The group "Pentatonix" does a fabulous version of that song. My other Cohen favorite is "Everybody Knows," which is a great song for this moment in time.