Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday

I love Wednesdays.

My routine on Wednesday goes like this.
7am - take Izzy to day care.  My heavens she loves this and gets so excited.
7:30am - home again and make another cup of coffee and go to the office.
12:00p - leave office and not because I have to walk a dog!! vacuum and wash the floors on the whole 1st floor. (includes bathroom)
Clean up the kitchen and straighten up the great room and dust etc. clean bathroom and all areas of the first floor. If time, eat, or bring it back to the office and eat at my desk.
1:00pm ish - back at desk and deal with all the voicemails during the hour I was gone.
work, work, work without having to throw a ball, walk a dog 3 times, maybe even talk on the phone with customers and do a load of laundry at the same time. Sounds awful but so much better than my dog always asking to play, bringing me a ball or needing to go out. I wear a headset, the customers will never know that while I am answering their questions as I am throwing in a load of whites.
5:00p - pick up a tired dog.  Feed her and start dinner.
YIPEE. Dog tired, not a lot of walking on this night.  Ah. Go to yoga.

Great day. But now that Rick doesn't work as much as before he is underfoot.
I don't care for this semi-retirement shit. Perhaps when I am retired it will be fine because I won't be tied to this desk and phone. But right now he is underfoot.
Coming into the office and bugging me. Adding his two cents. Yet, on Friday when he was left alone in the office to do my job while I was driving north - he screwed up everything and kept calling me. Aargh. He couldn't even sign into the computer. What the hell Richard? I got a call because "Margaret it wasn't working!"

So I have decided that I don't like semi-retirement Rick.  He is out of the office today until early afternoon. Damn it. Tomorrow he will be gone all day. Yeah, that's better.

So the moral of this story is don't let them semi-retire until you retire completely and can do fun stuff together or at the least, do your own thing and not be working and having someone else bother you.

Wait, better yet, don't work with your spouse!

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm dreading retirement. Having lived a life with my partner rarely around, the idea of both of us together all the time sounds like torture! :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL Cool Joe - I think now I very much understand that. :-)

Barbara said...

Hahaha. I've heard this. It is hard to get used to a person in your territory. Settling into Retirement is the hardest easy thing I've ever done.