Monday, May 23, 2016

Fun, Fun, Fun

That was my weekend in a nutshell.

Saturday we dropped off the dog and did some shopping.
We bought the flooring for our 3 bathrooms.  Boy, Rick has a job ahead of him.
I even got him to go to Bed Bath and Beyond after our trip to Lowes. He always goes kicking and screaming and then he loves it. He keeps saying, "It's all about the Beyond"as he is throwing things in the cart. I just wanted a shower caddy. Came home with all things other than a shower caddy. Note to self: If you bring him he'll spend money like he does at Costco.

And here is a big surprise - it was pouring Saturday. I mean like it hurt you rain when it hit you. Still raining, yes indeed it was still raining. Even today as I type this, pouring down rain.
Next visit to Lowe's may be for the wood for our Ark that we will need next.

After the shopping, we drove to  Alexandria and checked into our hotel.
Actually, the show was in Alexandria but our hotel was in Arlington.
A mere few blocks away.

We had a few drinks, then went to a very late lunch or an early dinner with a few more drinks.
Then we went to the see this man.


The box office opens at 5pm and they give you a number. Then they call you in to get seats by your number. Now this place holds 500 it says online. It doesn't look that big to me but it may. We kept thinking we'd leave after getting our number. But we didn't. They had a bar there. (see why we got a hotel?) We met a great many people from out of town and everyone was fun and festive. It was a bunch of old people like us. We met a couple from Reading PA. Long way to come but they played tourist all day and they were telling us the sights they saw.

Even though we got there at 5:10a we were number D61. They had to go through the C's first. Apparently people were in line since 3p.  No, thank you. I'm too old, I don't do lines well anymore.

So our sight lines weren't great as you can see here below.


We got inside and saw a table of 3 men. We asked if they were holding these seats for anyone and they said we could join them.
My goodness, these 3 guys were fun and funny.
They said something to me about being cheap.
I said I'm easy but I'm so not cheap!
That made them buy us a round of drinks, they thought that was funny.
I wasn't trying to be funny, I am easy and NOT cheap. :-) Ask Rick.

These guys bought dinner and they were drinking their bourbon with beer.
I asked if they were driving and they said they took Uber.  Good.
They were 3 military buddies from Vietnam. They were a fun bunch.

After the show, we got back to the hotel and saw others from the show.
We all had night caps at the hotel bar. We then crawled into our oh so comfy heavenly bed and slept until 8am. No wet nose waking us at 5a to go out. It was glorious. I don't recall a time I slept until 8am.

We picked up Izzy from doggy day care where she was boarded and brought our girl home. It was still raining cats and dogs so we knew she'd be a lazy dog. She likes to sleep a lot when it rains, just like people. We all had a great lazy day on the sofa with movies. Wine may or may not have been involved.

Now if it would just stop raining because my petunias can't take much more.
They say we'll see the sun this week. I will not hold my breath.
But I am drying out. :-)

4 comments:

Julie H said...

It likes to rain here on the weekends. Makes it interesting to get anything done. It actually SNOWED again in the mountains. Guess we'll wait until July to go camping.

Mike said...

Clear here today and yesterday. Next five days, rain. Coming your way.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gee Mike, you bring me such great news.

Barbara said...

My kind of foot stomping music. Sounds like a really wonderful time. So glad for you. We don't get to Rock 'n Roll as much at our age but we're still fun when we do.