But he did one today because he had to use special products that Gary was unfamiliar with and he didn't want Gary to learn on the job for this woman. This chemical company that they don't normally use was the only way to get red for the tub so Rick thought he'd have an easy day and do this one. He has some issues due to the color but it wasn't a bad day for him work wise.
When she made the appointment she told me she was picky.
If they tell you that, it usually means they are not just picky, they are MORE than picky.
I would be picky. And we were right. But she was so nice and she has the right to be pleased with the job since she is paying. So as long as someone is nice we are so okay with picky but she did make Rick laugh he told me.
She walked into the bathroom with a magnifying glass that was enormous, like sherlock holmes, and a big ole construction light that was bigger than her body.
It made Rick laugh. And when he laughed, she said, "Oh I don't want to miss a thing."
Rick agreed with her and smiled. After her very thorough inspection, she patted his back and told him he did a damn fine job. That too made him laugh. As he was leaving she gave him some brownies and a dozen fresh eggs. (They had chickens.)
He was very happy she was pleased.
Now I would never in a million years make my bathtub a color other than white. Red and Black we seem to do a lot of in the last two years. I find those colors to show every drop of water and soap film. Like this woman, I am too picky. Or maybe lazy. I would see those water spots and soap film and have to wash it every damn day and dry it so you don't see the water spots. I don't have time for that nonsense. My white tub allows me to go all week without washing it. (that is what Saturdays are for!)
I prefer that. Then again, I don't take baths, just showers but still.
Here is her red tub. Yes, that is a rubber glove on the faucet.
It's on there because no water can accidently drip into that red tub for 24 hrs.
Would you make your tub a color?


6 comments:
Love the tub, but I'd choose white.
very cool. My mom would do something like that for sure.
my tub is off-white with rust accents.
Not red enough for me to want it ;) But seriously, if I would to do a read on a claw foot tub it would have been on the outside with the inside being white.
I think the tub is gorgeous but I didn't know they were harder to keep clean. Now that you told me, I guess I'll stay with white.
Barbara, not necessarily harder to clean but because it is red you will see all the soap film and water spots which go unnoticed for the most part on a white tub. Just like a white car look cleaner when dirty than a black or red car would. Make sense?
Post a Comment