But the great news around these parts is that on Christmas Eve it will be 74 degrees.
I am diggin' that.
Told you all this would happen after we bought a snow blower.
Here is my present to you this holiday season.
I'm sharing my eggnog recipe that kicks ass and is damn yummy.
Actually, it's not my recipe....I got it from Paula Deen years ago.
I have a neighbor across the street from me who asks for it every year.
The first time offered, she turned up her nose.
Then she drank multiple glasses!
The next year she came over with her grown son who was in town and they both downed a "few" glasses.
This year she wants to bring it to a family gathering on Christmas Eve.
I am happy to oblige.
So here ya go. I'll be back next week.
Eggnog
6 egg, separated*
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint heavy cream
4 pints milk
1/2 pint Bourbon
1 tablespoon vanilla
Nutmeg
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint heavy cream
4 pints milk
1/2 pint Bourbon
1 tablespoon vanilla
Nutmeg
In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of sugar until thick. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. In a third bowl beat the cream until thick. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Chill in freezer before serving.
Serve eggnog in a large punch bowl and grate nutmeg over the top.
Serve eggnog in a large punch bowl and grate nutmeg over the top.
To all who celebrate this holiday.....
Merry Christmas to you all.
2 comments:
Warm and rainy here. Boo!
Merry Christmas!
Thanks for buying the snow blower. We needed nice weather.
Post a Comment