Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quarter of the way there....

Rick finished the vanity top for the master bath.
So that corner of the room is done.
As you can see in the reflection of the mirror - the opposite wall is still a frightening nightmare.
I really like it. He did a great job and his price was fair.....Okay, sexual favors but that was a small price to pay to get a new vanity top fabricated for practically nothing. :-)





A customer had this done in their kitchen and I loved it. Thankfully there was enough left over my for my bathroom. Love when that happens. 

This corner is all new and was finished a few weeks ago.
We then had to pick out the tile for the shower. Very simple or one would think. 
Man, tile is expensive. What I wanted and what I got are very different.
70sq foot of tile is amazingly expensive. I am only using tile in the shower. 
The first choice was over $2,800 for just the shower! (with rick's discount) 
Nope.  
Then Rick suggested beveled subway tile. 
Nope.
Then we went to Lowes and left the fancy tile shops.
I found something I really really like. It's more modern than what I normally go for, but I like it.
It's like subway tile only wavy. I know you're asking what the hell is wavy tile. 
Well, you'll have to wait and see.
But it was only $420.  Remember I have to have someone install this, not Rick this time, so that is an additional cost to that original 2,800. Which is why I couldn't do that.

This may even get finished this year. Hey a girl can dream.

6 comments:

Mike said...

I put wavy tile above our tube years ago. Glad to hear it's still around. It does break up a big flat surface.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I recently flooded my laundry room, which ran all the way downstairs to the rooms below. This means MORE construction after a year of it when we remodeled. I'm too old for this and I can't even make a decision regarding tile or color or anything else anymore! I wish you luck - wavy tile is something I never heard of and although I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of it on your project - I'm glad it's not my decision to make! Good luck.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - see how up to date you are?

Tia - Im sorry about your flood. I've had a flood on my first floor. Arrived home from the lake house and walked in and my foot went squish squish. Gee thats not supposed to happen. But I did get a first floor of new hardwoods from the insurance company. So something positive came out of it. :-) hope you find the rainbow.

Julie H said...

Pretty! We already need to re-do a lot in our bathroom that we just remodeled ohhh 12 years ago. Why does 12 years go by so fast..

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie- 12 years goes fast only when you don't want it to.:-)

Carma Sez said...

sexual favors :D