My parents drive me nuts. I'm a teenager now and I think I have the right to vent about them.
Oh sure, they love me but they don't let me do everything I want to do.
I go to doggy day care on Saturday mornings. It drives me crazy that they do all this stuff before they take me. Then they try to ignore me. But this week I would not be ignored!.
Dad left for work on Saturday and that always makes me sad.
I watched mom do her hair and makeup and I thought for sure when she was done we were leaving. I laid on the bed patiently watching her do "her thing". When she put down the products I got off the bed and ran downstairs certain she would follow. But did she pay attention to me? No. She was then doing a load of laundry. I went back upstairs to the laundry room and nudged her leg. C'mon woman we have places to go, dogs to play with, c'mon, hurry it up!
She finally pats my head and we go down the stairs together. YIPEE, we're finally leaving.
But then she unloads the dishwasher? WHAT ARE YOU DOING WOMAN?
I sit at the dishwasher and stare at her, can't she hear me? I am telling her it's time to go!
I figured if she isn't getting it, I will make this obvious to this crazy mom of mine. I'll show her, I'll sit in front of the door. She'll figure it out. She sees me sitting here each time she walks by the kitchen to the sofa. But she just smiles at me. Ooh, she is making me a bit angry now. She folded throws, puffed up pillows, straightened up the coffee table and continued to straighten things up, totally ignoring me. She sees me, I know she sees me sitting at this front door.
FINALLY, she walks over to me, grabs her sunglasses and says, "Let's go for a walk Izzy."
A WALK? I don't want a stinkin' walk, it is time for day care you crazy woman, have you forgotten?
Oh, why is Dad not home?
She opens the door and I run to the car. She laughs and says, an hour from now girl, c'mon let's walk. I don't want to walk. I sit down in front of the car. Oooh, she is not happy with me, but I don't want to walk damn it. I want to go to daycare. She says we're going to the pond. She knows I like it there but I'm not going to go. If I could stamp my feet I would.
She puts the leash on me now. Oooh I know she's mad now because I have to be on a leash.
She pulls so hard on my leash, but I fixed her, I did not move, I put my head down and the collar came right off my head. I laughed inside.
Now she is pissed. She walks in the house and leaves me sitting at the car door.
A few minutes pass and she open the front door and yells at me to come in the house in her "Dad voice" I hate the Dad voice.
I go inside, but I'm not happy about this. Well, she can't make me do anything else. I am going to sit at this front door until she takes me. Not moving. nope, not one inch. I know it's Saturday and I am not moving until she takes me there.
She continues to do things in the kitchen. She was making spaghetti sauce. WHAT?
I kept hearing the fridge door open and close. I am getting madder and madder by the minute.
I thought I will go stare her down. She closed the fridge door and there I was, she jumped and said," Oh Izzy it's not time yet." I just kept staring. I saw her pick up her phone. Go ahead crazy woman take a picture of me. I am not moving until we go, do you hear me? I am staring a hole into you until we go! Stop laughing, this is serious mom!
(can't rotate this - it's right side up in my photos - can't figure this out on blogger...sorry)
After this picture was taken I still kept staring until I broke her.
She grabbed her keys and we went to the car. She just left everything all over the kitchen island and turned off the stove. Who cares! We are on our way.
She opens the door and I run to the car.
I know she was taking the long way, perhaps to annoy me. She said it was because they weren't open yet. I did not believe her. But finally we got there. We had to sit and wait 5 minutes in front of doggy day care until they moved the sign to say OPEN. Was everyone against me today?
Mom took me out of the car to walk around and smell everything. There were other dogs there waiting too. So we all smelled each other and other things around the building.
FINALLY they open. I didn't even look back. My favorite girl inside yelled, "Izzy!" she gave me a hug and took me in the back to play. I didn't even look at mom - that'll fix her for making me wait!
I had a ball. I came home at 5pm and ate like a horse and then fell asleep within mere seconds of eating.
Ah, a good day. See mom? You didn't have to fight me so hard you know.
1 comment:
LOL well at least you know she likes to go haha
Post a Comment