My knees are feeling almost normal. So what the hell was that about?
Izzy has been getting up each night and vomiting. Not good. So tomorrow morning she is seeing her favorite person in the world. Dr. Brown. She hates going to the vet.She gets excited to see Dr. Julie and then she hides under the chair and has to be drug out. Dr. Julie Brown, or as my husband refers to her Downtown Julie Brown. She is a cutie and young and she is so good with Iz. I liked her right away. She has a bright, outgoing personality and she is so very funny, bubbly and warm.
Last night Izzy and I were out at 12:30am. It was so very cold out too. It felt like fall.
This has been a very odd year regarding summer weather. I love it cooler like this so I am not complaining.
But I was surprised when I threw on a t-shirt and shorts and ran outside that I should have a sweatshirt and jeans on instead. I think it was 55 or something. Brrr....I must admit this makes me fear what is coming next though. If it's been a cool summer does that mean winter will be this long dreadful very cold stuff like last year? I can't take it so I hope that doesn't mean colder than normal winter too.
Our technician arrived at a home this morning and his tile was falling off his wall. Gary HATES to walk away from a job so the first thing he did was whip out his waiver. In other words, we'll do the job you want but we will not be responsible when this all falls off your wall and it has to be done again. They wouldn't sign it. (I wouldn't either, but you'd be surprised how many will so they don't have to fix anything or because they are selling and they want to screw the next guy)
These folks had a leak, they had falling tile, LOTS of falling tiles. They knew they had a leak but didn't think it mattered? (HUH?) These tiles couldn't be refinished in this condition. Water was seeping through the tiles and most grout was visibly gone by the constant leaking. I was told this was all repaired so they lied to me - what a surprise.
The homeowners need to get things fixed first and then we'll go back. So Gary had a full day at this house and now he has no work today. Until the walls are repaired we can't do the sink or tub either. I called some folks who are booked at the end of the month to see if they would like an appointment sooner, but no one wanted to jump on that. He told me he was going to go home and enjoy a Friday off and paint the baby's room before he arrives. It's so funny to watch this man get into baby mode. I can truly say I have never experienced a man doing this before in the same way, with the same energy as a woman. It's been an eye-opener for sure. He's worried about everything. He is truly a typical first time mom. I can't even say Dad because I have never experienced a Dad behaving like this before. I'm sure there are those that have, I just have not met them. It's rather cute.
Now if only the rest of my day could be a day off.
5 comments:
You missed your chance. "Sit here Gary and answer the phone. I'm outa' here."
Mike, God I'm slow!
Have to agree with Mike - that was a good one!
Yes April, dumb ole Margaret
Good one, Mike!
Hope Izzy feels better soon!
Post a Comment