Apparently I lied on Friday.
Sunday I awoke to excruciating pain in my left knee.
For the last 5 yrs, it's been my right knee. Seriously what the hell is going on?
I think the warranty has expired on my parts. All of them. I need to rotate the tires, let air out in some areas, suck it in, in other area and put some spackle on it all !!!
I see my orthopedic in a few weeks, early Septemeber.
Oh yes, ladies, he is tall, blonde, tan and fit as a fiddle.
Rick has insisted since my shoulder surgery and sighing after a visit with said Dr. Blonde Tall Tan Buff piece of beef cake that I hurt myself on purpose. Hell no.
He's nice to look at, but I'll take my health and my pot bellied stallion any day over the pain and Dr. Beefcake.
At the rate I am going and my inability to walk well, I will be carried by Rick on my summer vacation. Carried to the boat, carried to my floating chair, carried to the wine bottle...tee hee
(6 more days)
Now if only Izzy could understand how much pain it causes me to try to walk and lift my left leg. Dragging it behind feels so much better, but I fear, walking down the street with my left leg dragging behind me will only cause alarm unnecessarily. Next thing I know the cops will be stopping me for being drunk or some such thing. The neighbor calls for the smallest of things. It's crazy to live in Stepfordville. But back to dog walking, I'm not a lazy person so getting a dog walker has always seemed so damn lazy to me. Yes, I know lazy shits who are home all day and still have a dog walker. But that is sheer nonsense for me. If one won't walk a bit, don't get a dog is my logic. At least not a big dog who needs to be walked and get a lot of exercise.
Seriously getting off one's fat arse is a good thing, not a bad thing for the majority of we fat Americans. But right about now I am thinking a dog walker would be great. Thankfully it's very hot again and Izzy hates hot and won't walk for long periods when it's this hot. That is my saving grace today. Thank you August heat and humidity.
Leaving Sunday for the lake. This year the rental is Sunday to Sunday. Normally it is a Saturday to Saturday. This will prove positive I think on the traffic flow down route 29 S on a Sunday morning.
We rented a small home and hopefully it will be well equipped and clean.
That is always my concern - cleaniness.
I think it's easier to live in one's own filth versus another person's filth.
At least that's my theory and I'm stickin' too it.
And speaking of filth. Our bedroom was finished being painted yesterday just in time for happy hour. Ceiling, walls, window sills, molding doors etc. I even finished putting on all the new door knobs and hinges. I hadn't purchased the correct ones for the linen closest when I did them all before. I needed "dummy" knobs. Now I know. But of course Rick had to have a good laugh at my expense first on that big boo-boo.
We moved furniture to and fro and that too was a fun thing to do with this knee.
At one point as we were moving the bed a very sharp pain hit me and I fell onto the bed and grabbed my knee.
Rick moved the bed with me on it, while I was just withering in pain all over it.
Then it made me laugh. I told him we could do this from now on. He can just carry me about like a queen deserves. He wasn't buying any of this damsel in distress bit.
Everything in this room is getting a makeover. It's been 15 years since anything was done in there. Rick's closet is a nightmare. We had Rick's closet done professionally a very long time ago when he was a big shit in corporate America. There are 2 walk in closets in the master. I got the big one, of course. Rick got the small one. But the small one was professionally done by a closet company and it is so nice. You would think that would help with the organization wouldn't you? Oh no, he just throws things in there willy nilly. So yesterday as he was hanging things in his closet he was bitching a fit about not finding this or that. I went in there and found it quickly. But seriously this closet is a scary place to be. He has stuff on the floor, hanging in the wrong area, drawers half opened. So he made a proclamation that when we were done with the master bath he was tackling his closest. I suggested since I was half on the bed with my left leg extended that perhaps we could do it now and I could help from a sitting position. (I had to try)
No go. He wasn't buying this stuff of my lying on the bed while I bellowed orders from the bed.
Gee I thought it was such a good idea too. Big Wuss.
Off to hobble with the dog now. Wish me luck.
5 comments:
"...he just throws things in there willy nilly."
It's a guy thing. Tools - organize. Clothes - toss.
In recent years, I don't mess with anything of hubby's, he takes care (or not) of his own stuff. He has zero clue about mine.
I don't suppose you have a saddle that would fit Izzy ... ?
Bilbo, great idea! I wish!
That situation with your knee seems serious. It's definitely something you have to take to the orthopedic fast. So how is it now, by the way? But whatever treatments you get for that, I hope it does wonders for your well-being, enough that you can fully walk again without any more trepidations. Take care!
Agnes Lawson @ Pain Relief Experts
Post a Comment