Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Head, Knees and Toes

I have a vanity sitting in my 2nd floor hall. 
I've bumped it more than I care to share in the week it has been sitting there.
The only person who doesn't mind is Izzy - she walks right through with no issue.
The 2 humans walk sideways.  

I can't get this 2nd floor done fast enough!
No time.
At the end of this hall where I am standing taking this photo is an open loft that is my office.
The door you see straight ahead is my laundry teeny tiny room
The double doors to the right, which you can only see part of is the master and the master suite.
The bathroom comes all the way to the office wall. Happily I can say the master and en suite are a good size. I mean it's the majority of the 2nd floor. So once this master and bath are done. The 2nd floor is completely update and then on to the 3rd floor.

The carpet you see will be coming out as well.
Since they don't make carpet the color of dog puke I am going with hardwoods there to match the first floor.
We awoke to Izzy having thrown up outside the bedroom door. Lovely to see in the a.m.
I asked Rick what he gave her to eat. He replied with, "Why do you always think it's me?"
I said, "why would she be throwing up?"

He then admitted while he was making the chicken salad for us to stuff our tomatoes he gave her chicken with skin on it. (rotisserie chicken I bought from store)
Oh geez. She doesn't get table scraps so sure greasy chicken skin tasted good but didn't agree with her. Silly Rick and poor Izzy.

We should be able to get some real progress done this weekend.
Then next week Rick will begin to fabricate my vanity top. But he also will be working and working out of town for 3 days so that does make time an issue again.

In other news....I have suddenly developed this thing with my knees. This thing, is pain. 
Why?  Walking too much? Possible. Old age? Oh certainly possible. 
My right knee has been bugging me off and on for a few years. But I can normally shake it off to quote Taylor Swift.
But of late, that is not shaking off, it is lingering. So last night as I am walking to the wine on the kitchen island to pour myself a glass, my knee gave out. I did a funky half fall, half funky move.
Rick saw this and said, "What the hell was that move?" and he was laughing. I replied, "My knee just gave out."  Rick said it was a funny little dance, did it hurt?  Yes, it did. 

Then this morning I normally run up my stairs. I have always preferred running up steps vs. walking up slowly. I couldn't do it this morning. The first thought that went through my head was, "Oh my God this is the beginning of the end!"
So I popped some Advil and prayed by afternoon I would be running up the steps again.
It's 12:38pm and I'm not running.

I think my knees just need a vacation like my mind. That's my delusion and I'm sticking to it.
I am sleeping but dreaming about work and my calendar. So basically nightmares.
We just got a big hotel in the district and for the love of God I don't know how we are going to do all this. Positive problems people, positive problems. 

11 more days until my summer vacation.

5 comments:

Blogoratti said...

Hang in there, I'm sure you can't wait for the vacation. Greetings to you!

Mike said...

You could start a new dance trend. Have Rick video you and post it.

Barbara said...

My knees haven't worked well for a while but they're still getting me around so I count my blessing and climb stairs slowly. Maybe your knees will get better in a while. If it has just started maybe it won't last long.

Ms. A said...

Good luck with the knees! They really need to be working, since you have lots of stairs in your house. Might be time for a stair climber. (kidding)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - I'm not kidding. I said to Rick yesterday I want that thing that George Costanza had on Seinfeld where it took him up a staircase. Knees feeling so much better today - like 60% better. Who knows this may pass. (yea right)