Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Full Moon

I knew it was a full moon before I even looked it up.
Yesterday my dog was acting all kinds of nuts.
So many crazy things and issues with her all day.
She gets all antsy where she is normally mellow.

The customers today and yesterday were in rare form as well.
Cranky as ever and combative. 
Who thinks to call and ask if something can be done and when told yes or no and the reason why, they would scream at you?  

After all those fun things yesterday I looked up the ole full moon schedule.
I figured if it wasn't a full moon I needed weapons.
But it was and it should be back to normal by Wednesday.

My dog actually woke up at 2am and brought us a ball.
WHAT THE HELL?
Okay I'm up, I'll go pee.

I come back to the bedroom and she is waiting by my side of the bed, her tail is wagging like crazy.  She herds me to the door and down the steps we go.
I knew I'd have to go outside. I didn't wanna.(whine) 
It's too cold and there's snow. 

Nope, she just wants to sleep on the sofa.
I want to scream! I go upstairs to bed and leave her on the sofa.
She comes up to the bedroom and gets me.
What the shit is this?  I keep saying no but she won't leave. I yell at her to go to her bed.
I take her by the collar to her bed, she comes back after I get all comfortable again.
She now is just sitting by my face looking at me. I can feel her staring with my eyes closed.
I turn my back to her. I still feel her. I am not giving in, nope, no way, no how.

Ah, shit. I grab my pillow and go downstairs. 
She jumps onto her corner of the sofa and watches me.
I get comfy on the sofa and pull a blanket up around me. She sees me lay down and she puts her head down and sighs.  It was as though she wanted to sleep downstairs BUT not alone.

I'm thinking to myself, why the hell don't you bother your human father?  You love him more than me most days, gee thanks for showing me the love now at 2AM!

I lay there on my sofa listening to her instantly begin to snore. I am wide awake.
I turn on the TV and watch a very old episode of Roseanne. I turn off the TV and try to sleep.
Not gonna happen. I try to breath with her so I might fall asleep. Nope that trick didn't work.
I turn the TV back on. I watch Real Sports. Not thrilling TV but interesting. I begin to feel hungry. I'm thinking maybe I should just make coffee and call it a night. Nope.
I look at the clock....oh it's 5am, my normal wake up time. I turn off the TV and hope I can sleep for at least 30 minutes. Please, please Izzy stay asleep. Izzy wakes up, because it's 5AM- time to get up.  She comes over to me with her morning panting as if to say, "C'mon, we need a walk now, I gotta go"  So now I go a walking. I come home and see that Rick is up and making coffee. I tell him he owes me big time. He said, "do you think it was a full moon yesterday? she was really weird"  

So not only does a full moon affect emergency rooms, police issues, it affects my damn dog and I pay the price each and every time!

Do you know when it's a full moon without having read it or been told?

5 comments:

Mike said...

I'm not a full moon person.

After the dog didn't go outside that would have been it for me. Stare all you want dog, I'm not budging.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You and Rick Mike. I couldn't sleep with her straring at my back.

Ms. A said...

I don't know about other times, but I did go into labor on a full moon with two of my kids.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora, I have a friend who worked in the ER, he would tell me stories about the "things" that came in to the ER during a full moon. He said he never knew it was a full moon or anything about it until he worked there and then he saw the phenomenon. Rick knows a police man who says the same thing. It's fascinating and a pain in the ass at the same time.

PorkStar said...

Up in here, all you need is to be in New York city and you will know, everyone is in full moon mood.

Cranky and assholes galore. Every day of the year.