A few years ago I wrote about my love of the show The Chew.
(Go on - take a look at the link)
They read it, to my amazement.
So I am trying this again because it needs to be said.
I have celiac disease. I alter all the recipes to fit my illness and lifestyle.
Nothing was a more devastating blow to a foodie, an Italian one no less, who loves to eat.
It was truly one of the hardest adjustments of my life!
Worse, is the silly, stupid or perhaps ignorant people who say the most outlandish things like, "well it's just a little bit of gluten you can eat it."
Would you ever give a person with a peanut allergy just a small peanut?
Of course not. You would see the reaction.
Sadly because you can't see the damage that occurs in my gut and my immune system you think it doesn't really happen. I have heard that line more than I care to believe.
My husband tells me it's ignorance. I don't know what it is, but it's tiring.
So Gordon Elliott, one day you had Jennifer Esposito on your show. I was so excited!
I knew she could explain to the masses what I couldn't fully articulate.
She has lived my story.
I would like to recommend she be a contributor to the show. You have a vegetarian on the show, why not someone for we folks to get tips on cooking with celiac?
She could take these great recipes and adapt them for us.
One day a week would be fabulous.
I am fortunate because I can usually take your recipes and adapt them.
Thankfully most of Clinton's cocktails work for me. :-)
Some, especially Carla's, I can't often adapt.
Maybe Jennifer could help with that.
Oh I miss baked goods most of all, good ones, not processed ones from the grocer.
It can't possibly hurt the show. And I would bet it would only add more viewers that you haven't been getting because they think you and the food network have forgotten us.
C'mon Gordon what do ya say?
4 comments:
I see a lot of recipes for gluten free stuff. They have so many things you can sub in now. Probably much easier these days than years ago.
Julie - yes, it easier today. However it would be nice if there was something on TV to see. Some recipes are so damn full of ingredients I would never even bother to make. 6 kinds of flours etc. c'mon.
I also won't buy all the crap they have on the shelves with the label gluten free because it is just chemical crap. I want real food.
Julie - yes, it easier today. However it would be nice if there was something on TV to see. Some recipes are so damn full of ingredients I would never even bother to make. 6 kinds of flours etc. c'mon.
I also won't buy all the crap they have on the shelves with the label gluten free because it is just chemical crap. I want real food.
I saw that show, too!
Post a Comment