Guess where I was Friday night?
We left here around 4:45 to get the train into the stadium. Okay people like Bilbo who live here and read me....how the hell do you deal with the Metro day in and day out? I have never taken it when it was this crazy and crowded. Only weekends.
First of all I felt like a big fat traitor wearing a Washington National T-shirt.
Rick took a photo of me in the shirt and sent it to our friend who lives in Cleveland now.
He is also a very big Yankee fan like myself.
Rick sent it to him with the caption - TRAITOR!!
It made me laugh. AND if that weren't enough it was T-shirt give away night at the game. So I got another Nationals shirt. Good dog walking shirts to be sure. And I like the Nats, my hometown team. It's just that I'm an American League Girl that's all.
I knew there would be nothing a celiac could eat at the stadium so I threw some GF bars in my backpack along with my NYY baseball hat in case it really rained like the weather man said it would. Rick and Karen ate enough for me and a few other people. Karen and Rick made sure they tried all vendors. They ate all the wonderful food & drinking all the good drinks. I did get a bag of cracker jacks. Love me some cracker jacks. (Sad they don't have toys in them anymore.) It was $5 for water and $5 for cracker jacks. Crazy isn't it?
We got there just before 7p. Can you believe it? Left my home at 4:45 and got there at 6:45p. Couldn't I have driven faster? Wouldn't that have been the opposite direction of the traffic? Why did we take the train? We didn't get home until just past 12:30AM. If driving wouldn't I have been home sooner? Rhetorical question - Of course we would have!!
We could have split the parking and that would have been cheap enough to avoid the crowds. If I had to be squeezed into a train and pushed and bumped like that every day I would never go to work. I'd sit in traffic and scream at drivers like the rest of the metro area.
I asked that question and was met with gasps. No answers, just loud gasps.
I would drive the next time, trust me on this.
I was groped more on that train than in my teen years for heaven's sake!
The game was a bust. They had just won 10 in a row and they looked very tired and lackluster all night. Needless to say they lost. I kept watching the other team scores on the scoreboard to see if my team was winning. (they did)
In the 8th inning I put on my NYY hat and the guy behind me turned around for some reason and did a movie double take. He asked if I was schizophrenic.
That made the whole row laugh. We had a good time all in all. The people around us were fun and made the lulls fun as well.
We watched so much baseball this weekend it was kind of funny. We love the Little League World Series. The stories and the kids playing. My God they are so good for 11 and 12 year olds. Amazing. Thrilled to pieces that the team that won the World Series National Title was team Illinois who we were rooting for from Chicago. Sadly they lost the World title to Korea, but not without a damn good rally and fight.
Now we are in a vacation mindset here - we are in countdown mode to be sure.
Is it Saturday yet?
4 comments:
We took the train when we went to the game, it wasn't too bad but I've been on it when it was super crowded. We are going again on the 5th, should be fun :)
Julie - different city, less people. This was like I was in India packed in like sardines. Standing room only if you were lucky you go something to hold onto. I didn't get lucky.
Yeah it's like that when it's a Raiders game.
What's baseball? Joking! But I've never watched it. :D
Post a Comment