Friday, November 15, 2013

The Saga Continues.......

Where do I begin?
I tried to find this in my archives because I wrote about it years ago but couldn't find it.
Or at least I thought I wrote about it years ago.

Every week for a great many years we would receive the follow type of calls for this family named Owens.
I would get doctor call reminders, your kids are horrible brats please come to the school, your blood work is in please call the office for your results, you are late on your payments, your order is ready for pick up and then always more kid stuff and late bills. 

Their children were apparently bad little shits. Never in school and always calls from the school and or teachers complaining. I was always amazed that these so called professionals would call a business, hear the name of the business and our hours and still leave messages on voicemail saying all they said. I would think that would be an HR nightmare of an issue. 

Each and every time I would speak to someone I would repeat the name of the business as I say it when I pick up the phone. I would tell them that there was no one by that name who worked here and please remove this number from their files. More calls and more voicemails.

One day I asked for their information and this young girl gave it out. 
I was so happy she was so dumb.
I called this number and told them that I was receiving her calls. I asked if she had this number before us. She said, No I can't imagine how they would get this.  
Being the suspicious Suzy that I am I didn't buy one word of what she said. 
I asked her to please have it stop. 
It really slowed down for a few years until recently. 

Then a few months ago I received another doctors call and asked them to remove this number from their files and again explained this was a business and no Owens lives or works here. I told Rick that evening, they have started again.

Fast Forward to all this debit card fraud. When I spoke to Best Buy they asked me if I had an account there. NOPE. They asked for my phone number. I asked why. She said I want to be sure you never had an account.  I gave her all my numbers. The last one was the office. That one came up the Owens. (I won't give the first names to protect the asshats here)

My office number was attached to their information. This woman gave me their name and address as well as the email they used to order this. But the phone number is my office phone number. Best Buy was on the phone with me for over an hour. It is now in their fraud department and I will expect to hear from someone in 72 hrs.  In the mean time I was told to call the Police.

I called the local county sheriff's department and they directed me to the police report online.
As he walked me through this I saw credit card theft and a list of other issues to choose from. I asked if debit card fraud is the same as credit card per this form. He said, " yes, but if you ask me this is identity theft by using your number. "
I asked which is worse for the criminal? He said identity. I said, "then by God it's identity theft". 
He then explained how to fill out the form and once it is reviewed I will get a call and/or visit from a sheriff to go over all of this.

In the mean time my bank is involved as well.  I have paper work up the wazoo.

I spent over 4 hrs today on the phone. I'm having  so much fun.
The delivery is to be here today. I want to refuse it so I have been on the look out for the UPS man.

So how did these people get my business debit card? I never hand it over to anyone. If there is no machine I don't use it. I never use ATM's unless it is my bank. And honestly I no longer use ATM's.  I can't for the life of me figure this one out.  

I hate these people and having their address will make Rick want to go over there with a baseball bat. I want the police to handle this. They live in a near by town in the same county so the sheriff should be able to handle this. 

I'll keep ya posted.....

5 comments:

Arnebya said...

What in the absoolute hell? Do you shred your trash? Have you done work in their county before? People are getting fancier with their abilities to steal from others. I'm so sorry this is happening. Assholes. Did they even order anything useful?

Ms. A said...

I sooooooo hope you are able to, not only get to the bottom of this, but put their a$$es in jail!

flask said...

let's get pitchforks! and torches!

let's all go over there.

Julie H said...

When our bank account was used 4 times even after changing account numbers I finally changed banks and it stopped. Go figure. I think there are corrupt people working at the bank. How else would someone use my card while it's in my pocket? They made a new card and used it. Once for me and 3 times for my husband.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.