I used to be on a plane at the very least 3 times a week.
So that is at the minimum 6 flights to and fro.
I knew their spiel by heart but I always made eye contact so they knew I was listening.
I'm weird like that. I didn't want to look in my book or phone and ignore them.
Which is exactly what everyone else was doing on that plane.
The moms were dealing with unruly children and the men acted like they knew everything.
These would be the ones freaking out you know when something did happen.
Where's the exit? Aaah.
I saw this and I wondered if people will pay attention to this since it's different.
It sure is creative and it's a catchy little tune that sticks with you.
It sprinkled from time to time last night but halloween went off without a hitch.
I went through 3 boxes of 36 with 13 peanut butter cups left for Rick.
I have to say that this year costumes were less slutty and much more creative.
I was sitting outside handing out the candy with Rick. All the neighbors were outside it was just so nice out. Rick took a photo of the washer and dryer. Do you see his issues with the camera? All of his phone photos are generally blurry. The dryer had a box of bounce on it's ledge and I think you can see the detergent on the top of the washer.
Our favorite costume of the night was the kid who was the debt ceiling.
Damn! That was so creative! I wish he had taken out his phone for that one.
Clever as hell.
Last year was slutty pirate, slutty nurse, slutty zombie etc. This year was creative and smart. The neighbors on either side of me commented the same. There was one young man of probably 15 that had a complete fairy costume. I asked if he was the fairy godfather and he said no, I'm just a fairy that will sprinkle you with fairy dust and he put her wand over my head and twirled the wand and said some words. His pals were laughing heartily. He was a big footballer kind of kid so I don't know if this was in jest or he was telling us something. This gang of boys were funny. One was a microwave with the door open. The buttons on the microwave were a hoot.
They were really very well done.
I guess all the political costumes could be attributed to the fact that this is the DC Metro area. I was just impressed that these older kids were so in tune to what is going on in the world. It was all just good to see the smart and clever costumes instead of all the slutty costumes. Take that Miley Cyrus.
I may have some exciting news for everyone next week. I'll keep you posted.
In the mean time....TGIF
8 comments:
OK so what did the debt ceiling costume look like???
The kids here where about the same not to slutty, they just did the blood and guts stuff. Lol
Ah that washer and dryer is great! Trevor was some time of death all in black. It's the only thing that he wanted in the costume store and I was tired of looking around haha.
April, the young man was in all black. His head was coming through just a tiny bit so he fit his head and it was a flat piece of cardboard painted white. He had a recessed light coming down from the top so you could see it was a ceiling and hanging down from the edge in front were the words DEBT. EAch letter was the same size and it was cut out.
I am not doing it justice. Trust me this was so damn good. I asked him to wait for me to get my camera and he just put his hand up and walked away with his friends. I'm sure he thought I was crazy.
Julie, there were a lot of blood and guts stuff too and the makeup was so well done it looked professional.
I think the guy in the fairy costume may have lost a bet.
Yes Mike that certainly could be the case. He was funny and if he made Rick laugh he was funny.
We had a ton of kids this year, but I bought lots of candy so there would be leftovers. The rains stopped just in time for the kids, but I'll bet they went home with muddy feet.
The video definitely will draw more attention.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com
Post a Comment