Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chatty Cathy has been Silenced

So I have laryngitis.
But you think I'm gonna stop talking now?
Ha, that's why I have a blog silly. I can talk without you hearing me.

I am feeling a bit better, thank you for asking. 
But not great by any means.
That means a Thanksgiving in my PJ's and eating ice chips.
YIPEE.
I am not a thanksgiving food's biggest fan so that doesn't bother me.
But feeling this way sure does.

While I lie on the sofa staring listlessly at the television a few of these things have come to my mind over this holiday.

1. I LOATHE a parade. Always have &  always will. The fascination of people walking down the street never ceases to amaze me. As a kid I didn't enjoy it either. I didn't get it.  Still don't.  No Macy's day parade for me. No siree.

2. I LOATHE football as much as a parade. So I am thankful for all the movie stations and on demand that will allow me to watch tv while I blow my nose, cough, sneeze and have general malaise.

3. I am thankful for all the drugs I have on my coffee table right now. None seem to be working all that well I'm still a mess. But I admit this drug induced fog is more pleasant than most days.

4. I am thankful for a day off from having to talk and be so damn nice to people. 

5. I am so very thankful it is not snowing here. We do not have to shovel all this rain!

6. I am thankful for my friends and family who keep in touch via email and phone calls and texts. I heard from my niece last night. Damn she's so cute. It was so nice to hear from her.

7. I will be boycotting Christmas again this year. I will go to sleep on the 1st of Dec and wake up on my anniversary the 31st.  

8. I am thankful that wine is not gluten and mixes well with cough syrup.  (just kidding, kind of)

9.  People's sexiest man alive, Adam Levine is cute in a girlish man wearing skinny jeans kind of way. But not in a manly studly sexiest man alive way.  Jeez. Men don't (should never)  wear skinny jeans. There is no debating this people.   Besides men should weigh more than the women they date/live with/marry/harass/boink...Men should never ever borrow your clothes. You can borrow their clothes,  but it should never be the other way around. 

10. I hate being asked to play games on facebook so stop asking me!!  C'mon seriously if you know me you know I am not a video game playing old broad. 

11. Husband needs to learn I am never wrong, sometimes less right, but never ever wrong. He would suffer so much less if he would come to gripes with this fact.

12. I am looking forward to seeing Garth Brooks special on Friday. I know, I am not a big country music fan but I like Garth Brooks. Go figure. 

13. I'm thankful for all of you who come by and see me now and then here at Straight Up No Chaser. Thanks a bunch! I really appreciate your comments as well as you taking time out of your day by stopping by my little piece of the world. 


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, just like you want it to be!!

10 comments:

regan said...

#11 killed me! HA! Every time we stay in a hotel, hubby will ask, "Which side of the bed is mine?" and I always reply...."I'm on the right, because I am ALWAYS RIGHT! Why can't you remember that!?! Same with my toothbrush!" Sheesh! HA!

Hope you're feeling better soon! And in case it helps.....the last 3 times I've been to the doctor for chest, throat, or cold issues....they've said "Take Mucinex"...and when I say I don't have phlegm, they say do it anyway! And it DOES work! Knocks the problem out! Like magic!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Movie Marathon!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Regan as I am reading this I was thinking just that - I don't have phlegm. Burning sinus's yes. no phlegm but what the hell let's add it to my stock pile of Rx and other assorted things here. My teeth actually hurt. off to get some.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Julie H said...

I hope you feel better soon, being sick sucks! I suck down Emergen-C everytime I feel slightly run down or I'm around someone sick. ::knock on wood:: it seems to help.

My husband and I were both in marching band so we like to watch the parade, and the dog show!

Ms. A said...

We're in agreement on a number of those!

Try to feel better and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - okay to the dog show but I'm still holding out on a parade.
Band geek huh? I saw that movie. :-)

Cora - thank you. Have a great holiday with your family.

mamahasspoken said...

Happy THanksgiving! I hope you enjoy your day of cough medicine and wine. Make sure to add a few extra doses of both as a way to celebrate ;o)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - happy thanksgiving to you and your family!

Mike said...

12. There is no figuring that one.

PAPS said...

lol Nevertheless, Happy Thanksgiving!!!
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - Rick said it was the medicine talking. :-)

PAPS - Hope you had a nice holiday!!