I get these very strong feelings about something and I can't shake 'em.
For example I kept thinking there was something that was going to happen on a plane.
I was then traveling all the time. But I thought it was silly and just kept ignoring it.
Then one day at the airport I had an awful feeling like I shouldn't get on this plane.
Something was going to happen and I wasn't sure if I should board.
So there I sat talking internally to myself. "Don't get on the plane Peg."
"Oh for goodness sakes Peg that is so stupid, just get on the plane and go home"
"Maybe whatever is gonna happen is a good thing, get your ass on the plane."
Yes this went back and forth as I boarded the plane.
I got all cozy in first class (I flew a lot then and had upgrades) and I refused the free cocktails because I just felt I needed to be "aware". Whatever that meant.
Within 45 minutes there was an announcment.
We ended up having to make an emergency landing in a city between where I was and home that was met by fire trucks. We ended up boarding another plane. The feeling had now left me so as I got comfy in 1st class I had a couple of drinks! Everything was fine but that made me think I should start paying attention to these feelings I get. But I don't. In fact I never do.
I have hundreds of stories like that I just ignore and then a few weeks later something will happen.
The latest ones is a car accident. I have been feeling like Rick or I would be in one.
I told Rick to be careful every day but it's not always about you it can be the other idiot texting or drinking or whatever it is they are doing instead of paying attention.
Saturday I went to get a hair cut. As I was leaving I was hit while still in my parking space. There was no damage to her car. She said she was sorry etc. She began to cry that she was going to be in trouble. She told the person on the phone she had to go. Really???? Oh I was so damn livid I had to walk away for fear of just shaking this twit.
When the cops got there she denied all of it and said it was my fault. I am now fighting this with the insurance company. This is a 22yr old who hopped out of her car talking on the phone. You figure it out. This was her mothers car. She was frantic her mother would be pissed off. Gee ya think?
She had no damage to her car. I was damaged by her big honking tire and metal braces holding it there on the back right side of her CRV.
The police officer said he could only file an event case because no one was hurt. Oh thanks Fairfax County. When I asked her if she was on the phone again in front of the cop she stared into space like she was in a coma. The cop winked at me. NO! Don't wink, fucking write this on the report. I do enough damage on my own, this one shouldn't count to my insurance rate going up damn it.
The police officer isn't calling her insurance company back. So now it's a she said she said.
I so wish I would have had the smarts to dig my phone out of my purse before she moved her car back into a parking space so everyone could see this was clearly her fault. Now it looks like I have to pay $500 deductible and have my rates go up yet again.
I just had another conversation with my insurance company and they suggested I just get my car fixed.
Sure, so you can raise my rates yet again. No, I'm fighting this fucker even though I know I don't have a chance in hell. It's the point of it all. This is one time it isn't my fault damn it.
I am hoping the adjuster will see when he comes here where she hit me, where it is located on her car, and where I was in the report so it will be obvious to him. Because from her story I shouldn't have a dent on my right side as I do, but on my left. But no one is listening to me.
Little Miss Sunshine is Cranky Ole Wench today!
10 comments:
Fight this to the death! Take her to small claims court if necessary. Her insurance company will have to go and represent her and they won't like that.
Doesn't your kneck or something hurt? Better get that checked out.
Julie - gee it does now that I think about it. Honestly I wish I could think that quickly on my feet in the lying department. I think my one sister got it all from the rest of us. She has that great talent of lying so well. Damn! They asked me if i was injured and I said no. shit!
I live in a no fault state which means even when it's not your fault, your insurance may have to pay. I get screwed every time. What gets me is the jerks who drive without insurance (which is against the law in KY), give you false insurance information just so they don't get fined for driving without insurance >:/
bonnie - yes I too have lived in no fault states before, not now though. I would prefer someone without insurance than this dip shit talking on the phone and backing into me while I wasn't moving!
Would her phone records help you?
Cora...maybe. know how i can get 'em without lawyers?:-)
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Oh this pisses me off (you know they can get her phone report, right?) to no end. I'm already antsy in the car; I don't need other people's stupidity making it worse. And you were sitting still!
Let the judge subpoena her phone records and then the teen twit she was talking to.
UGH! what a headache. I had this happen to me many years ago, when a young driver rear-ended me and then I got a call from her mom yelling at ME for hitting her???? Oh, but I got screwed anyway because the cop sited me for following too closely so even though I hit NOTHING and had to swerve across the road to avoid hitting the car in front of me, her insurance wouldn't pay. I wish you good luck on this. Can't believe she had the nerve to lie :-(
Post a Comment