Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Is it Just Me?

Yesterday morning I had the televison on in the background.
I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down in my feeble attempt to wake up.
On the screen in front of me was a large photo of Robin Gibb circa 1978 at the very latest with his long hair.

The song playing was a Bee Gee song, I Started A Joke, however they kept looping the line, ’til I finally died, which started the whole world living. 
Over and over again, "I finally died....."
Is it just me or is that verse a damn weird thing to play?

It's seems the disco era folks are all passing away.
Now if only that disco music would die.

6 comments:

Lizbeth said...

Weird, totally weird......

mamahasspoken said...

Hey! I love disco music! Every time I hear disco songs, I am transported back into time when I was in college, going to the bars all night, getting back to the dorm in time for the first class of the day. Boy, I wonder how I even did it back then....

Ms. A said...

All the way to Don't Cry Alone and everything in between, I've loved them all. Even the disco. Thankfully the music will remain as a lasting legacy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mamma & Ms. A - well apparently I am the only one then who hates disco music. Yikes, it makes my ears bleed. I prefer rock.

Mike said...

Disco songs were just to long.

Julie H said...

I'm going to have to You Tube the song now.