Let's start with the computer.
Oh how I have a love hate relationship with this technology.
I have been having computer issues all week.
It makes me so frustrated you just can't imagine.
I am on my own here and I am confused by what is happening.
If any of you out there know an answer please let me know.
I think I have fixed everything but the issues that upsets me the most.
Of course right?
I was going over Rick's business plan and proof reading when all of a sudden my computer 'blinked' and then a pop up screen told me that the internet had to be closed.
Okay, even though I was in Word I decided to close everything and reboot.
Everything seemed fine after that.
I have a work email and I have a personal email.
The personal email only is MS Outlook small business 2003.
Yes I know it's old. But it has been fine for me, in fact it is comfortable for me because it is what I am most used to so no issues there. UNTIL that day.
I got an email with a link inside.
I hit the link and instead of taking me where I was to go it said the following:
This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.
HUH?????
What the hell does this mean? Where do I go to fix this?
I went to Microsoft for updates and updated.
I had microsoft Mr. Fix It do it's thing.
It found plenty of things that were supposedly needing fixed and fixed them but not this issue.
Now if I get a newer version of Outlook and download that will I lose all my emails and folders? I need my emails and folders. It is my life.
I also use the outlook calendar for work. I can't lose that or we're dead.
Bottom line I need this capability that I am now unable to use!
I have a paid version of AVG on this computer. I have firewalls.
I have a fairly new computer (2 yrs old)
I have gray hair from all of this shit.
I am on Windows XP which is what everyone is telling me is my issue.
Really?
No I have no Apple products and never thought I'd switch over.
I don't like that Apple censors your information.
But maybe I need to rethink this because everyone also tells me they don't have these issues. But I love MS Office. My excel and word etc. Can I use them on apple?
I would think not. I actually prefer the geek Gates over the geek Jobs.
But I must put my childish thoughts behind me and figures out who can best serve my needs. Right now it's a rich man who can take me away from all of this shit.
You know the old fashion notion that a man can rescue me.
Hell if it's a woman I'll play on that team at this point.
I am so fried from working on this all week.
Oh how I wish I had married a geek instead of someone who can cook and was handy.
Seriously I would not need to diet and be held captive by this damn inanimate object who sits here and mocks me.
Anyone know what the hell this dumb broad is to do now?
In other news.
Rick's investment meeting was canceled and rescheduled so I will let you know any info when I know anything.
I did not win the powerball. Damn it. I had a new house picked out and everything.
It was only $2,999,900. Chump change if I win the lottery.
And seriously it wasn't even my perfect home.
There would be some things I'd change but overall not a bad place.
My favorite was the outside. Pool, bar area to die for, jacuzzi and other outdoor fun spaces on 5 acres. My dog would love it.....and so would I, less walks and a pool.
I have always wanted a pool. Rick wanted the lake house. I wanted a pool.
Rick always wins......he would admit that as well trust me.
I'll leave you with a smile.
This is Izzy at the lake house when she was a puppy.
She always had to sleep on or in Rick's shoes when she was small.
It never fails to make me smile, hope it does you too.

11 comments:
What a cute picture!
Sounds like a virus of some sort but who knows, not me! Maybe you can take it to the geek guys and have them fix it.
I'm glad you mentioned that Izzy was a puppy in that picture. My first thought was 'Damn those are some big shoes.'
And sorry but I'm wearing my 'no I won't work on your computer' t-shirt right now.
Mike - well they are size 12's. Not small. But she was just a puppy then.
AW Izzy's way too cute!
Best solution for your computer: Go outside, find someone younger then 21 and offer them a drink if they'll come home with you and fix your computer.
Seriously, no solution here, thank God for sons who know WAY MORE about technology then I do.
I thought email was virtual, or whatever you call it, since you can access email from anywhere, on any computer? I don't see how updating would effect that, but I'm not a tech geek. I DO love my Mac!
Google must have been down for a while last night and I was lost. Couldn't do squat!
The message you got sounds more like your computer wouldn't allow something, not that it did? But, hey... I don't know anything about a PC. Zip, zilch, nada.
I'm holding out hope that you get this mess figured/straightened out soon.
Ms. A, Arnebya and Bonnie. - I think drinking may be in order. I just finished this 'tune-up' it didn't do squat except take up my time. Aargh!!
hi. mac user here.
i also have a windows machine for use in the car.
one of ther problems with windows is that it;s trying to be mac without being mac. every time i have to perform some, uh, task on my windows machine i have to think about how i would do it on my mac and then try to replicate he process and whatever i'm trying to do is always harder to find and takes three times as many steps.
macs are really, really awesome if you are processing images or sound files. and if you;re making a spreadsheet, it will let you make snazzy dynamic graphics so you can visualize your information but good luck if you just want to crunch numbers.
i haven't seen the newest version of the mac OS (decided to pass because it breaks some things i like very much) but if i need a simple spreadsheet i'm better off with google docs.
and also good luck just finding how to do things. all the tutorials are geared toward making your things LOOK great. and telling you how AWESOME the software is!!!
fine. i own the software. now ho 'bout you just answer the question about how to get it to do the thing i want?
short answer: if your primary use is arty, think about a mac. if you just want a working text-and-numbers document, you're best waiting until the fall and checking out the new pc lines that are supposed to be awesome.
can you wait that long?
i know this didn't sound very mac-positive. i LOVE my mac. my primary uses are arty and i love it for those things. the interwebs look nicer on it, too.
but i think you want a business machine and no matter how much i love my mac, it is as awkward with word processing and spreadsheets as my windows machine is with everything else.
okay. we just got a mac abut two months ago and I LOVE IT!. i will never go back. plus, if something goes wrong or i don't understand something, i can call a 'genius' at my local apple store and they'll walk me through it.
Tammie - I will switch in my next purchase if it can allow me to use Outlook for my email and Word and Excel. Not a version of them but the microsoft version. Do you know if that can be done? I am not a fan of yahoo or google email.
I feel the same with you about the microsoft stuff. It's all I've ever used and I'm darn comfortable with it but those Apple products are very alluring...
Andy always gets his way too although he makes it seem that I'm always getting my way. If I had my way I'd be living in a condo in NYC which obviously I am not doing but I guess one of us has to be the levelheaded one although he is not really very levelheaded at all....
Post a Comment