Friday, May 4, 2012
Friday Funny
I am in mourning so I needed something funny.
Last night the greatest closer in baseball history tore his ACL and meniscus.
He was shagging fly balls during batting practice which he has done his whole career.
It was predicted that this was his last year and then he'd retire.
Everyone assumed an announcement during the all star break.
He is number 42 and he is 42 years old. I don't see him coming back.
I believe his career is over. What a horrific way to go out for this man who was perfect in so many ways. He was humble and you sure don't see that much anymore from a great athlete. I really love this man. Mo..... Mariano Rivera. When he walked to the mound in the 9th you knew you had a win. The song Enter Sandman would play and I knew it was a given that we'd put the other team to sleep. Mo was that great.
So today I wear a black arm band and am beyond sad.
My team is screwed!
I never thought we had much of a year to look forward to before and now I really don't.
The good news is it is a drinking weekend.
We have the Kentucky Derby - Mint Juleps.
We also have Cinco de Mayo - Margarita's.
That can't hurt right?!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Well heck. That just tanks he's out for the season and possibly long term. :(
Guess you'll have to root for the Orioles now. What place are we in?!
Queen Bee - while I really like Buck Sholwalter I can't root for the birds. I'll go Nationals instead who like your birds are in 1st place. Can't root for anyone in the AL East (okay maybe Toronto) Sorry. :-)
Hey, the Cardinals lost Albert and we've gotten over it real quick.
Mike - but Albert was just a mere mortal.
I'm glad I'm not emotionally involved with sports. That would just be one more thing to disappoint me. LOL!
I could sure use a margarita!
Ms. A - why who couldn't use a margarita?!
Post a Comment